ImageImageImageImageImage

Has Drake abandoned the Raptors?

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,908

Re: Has Drake abandoned the Raptors? 

Post#161 » by lolwut » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:09 am

We should replace all Drake nights with Husky nights. Drake has already exploited this team enough.
2023-2024 FatherTracker™ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
KingTdot
Senior
And1: 306

Post#162 » by KingTdot » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:31 am

Isn't drake on tour?

But he could still tweet... which makes no sense to me, probably has faith that we would vote them in.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,430

Post#163 » by Fairview4Life » Mon Apr 10, 2017 1:41 pm

lolwut wrote:We should replace all Drake nights with Husky nights. Drake has already exploited this team enough.

Yes, the Raptors brand is just what Drake needed to further his career.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
zippy
Veteran
And1: 4,130

Post#164 » by zippy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:21 pm

KingTdot wrote:Isn't drake on tour?

But he could still tweet... which makes no sense to me, probably has faith that we would vote them in.

He was literally at the Warriors game a few days ago. He's been to more Golden State games than Raptors games this year. It's inexcusable really, as a "global ambassador" gtfo outta here with that ****.

Guy's a clown that makes decent music and has done a lot for the city in terms of elevating us to a world stage. But he aint no Raptor global ambassador, he's just another celebrity that's welcome at games.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#165 » by whysoserious » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:21 pm

Why do people care so much about Drake? He did his job as Global Ambassador and gave the Raps some crossover appeal to many that wouldn't follow the Raps. Now the team is good and can sustain and build on that following.

Dude was working on his album and on tour. Part of why he's not as engaged also seems to be the Raps not relying on him as much either.

People just seem to love to make a big deal out of something that really doesn't matter.
whysoserious
RealGM

Post#166 » by whysoserious » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:34 pm

zippy wrote:

He was literally at the Warriors game a few days ago. He's been to more Golden State games than Raptors games this year. It's inexcusable really, as a "global ambassador" gtfo outta here with that ****.

Guy's a clown that makes decent music and has done a lot for the city in terms of elevating us to a world stage. But he aint no Raptor global ambassador, he's just another celebrity that's welcome at games.

You realize that he lives in California too and record a lot out there. I'm not sure it's a big deal that he's been to Warriors games. If any of you were in his position, you'd be doing the same thing.
zippy
Veteran
And1: 4,130

Post#167 » by zippy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:36 pm

whysoserious wrote:
zippy wrote:

You realize that he lives in California too and record a lot out there. I'm not sure it's a big deal that he's been to Warriors games. If any of you were in his position, you'd be doing the same thing.

I wouldn't actually, I don't like the Warriors and have no interest to watch them, if I was in his position I'd either be at a Raptors home game or away game, unless I was busy on tour. Not bandwagon off other teams, especially when my hometown team gives me the honour of being their "global ambassador". Guy's a clown.
whysoserious
RealGM

Post#168 » by whysoserious » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:38 pm

zippy wrote:I wouldn't actually, I don't like the Warriors and have no interest to watch them, if I was in his position I'd either be at a Raptors home game or away game, unless I was busy on tour. Not bandwagon off other teams, especially when my hometown team gives me the honour of being their "global ambassador". Guy's a clown.

There's no doubt that Drake is a bandwagoner of sorts but he also is in an exclusive category that he hangs out with many of the NBA stars. As a basketball fan and with a personal relationship with so many of the top players, you can understand why he'd go to non-Raptors games.

Does having that title make it some sort of exclusive relationship?
Does being ambassador somehow mean he can't be a fan of other teams or players?
The Raptors don't even promote him big time anymore, he's got the title, it gives the team cache, why is this such a big deal?
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,484

Post#169 » by dTox » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:39 pm

So much insecurity in one thread.
TBZ for the win
6ixth_Man
Bench Warmer
And1: 7,054

Post#170 » by 6ixth_Man » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:44 pm

the real Raptors Ambassador

I take NO credit for any gifs or images that I post.
gpoon
Pro Prospect
And1: 716

Post#171 » by gpoon » Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:29 pm

Who cares, the man has his own career and projects to worry about, the raptors don't pay him for what he does outside of free ovo promotion and some court side seats... im sure there are a lot of die hard fans here too, would you put watching raptors games above your career?
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,409

Post#172 » by Patman » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:20 pm

gpoon wrote:Who cares, the man has his own career and projects to worry about, the raptors don't pay him for what he does outside of free ovo promotion and some court side seats... im sure there are a lot of die hard fans here too, would you put watching raptors games above your career?

If most people here had Drake's money, they would be in Vegas doing hookers and blow. The Raps would quickly be forgotten about.
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,471

Post#173 » by dc » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:43 pm

Yes, but.....
https://theundefeated.com/features/kevin-durant-return-to-warriors/
Durant’s good friend Drake was in attendance on the heels of releasing his new album, More Life, and completing a long European road tour. One of Drake’s handlers said the rapper couldn’t comment on Durant’s return since he is an ambassador for the Toronto Raptors and needed permission to talk about an opposing player. Even so, the Toronto native stood up and clapped for Durant when he arrived in the BMW Lounge.

“For Drake to come in during the 80th game of the season … DeMarcus Cousins and Anthony Davis weren’t playing, to come and support our team and support me, that shows the type of friend he is. That was special. I appreciate that,” Durant said.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,409

Post#174 » by Patman » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:06 pm

dc wrote:

Yes, but.....
https://theundefeated.com/features/kevin-durant-return-to-warriors/
Durant’s good friend Drake was in attendance on the heels of releasing his new album, More Life, and completing a long European road tour. One of Drake’s handlers said the rapper couldn’t comment on Durant’s return since he is an ambassador for the Toronto Raptors and needed permission to talk about an opposing player. Even so, the Toronto native stood up and clapped for Durant when he arrived in the BMW Lounge.

“For Drake to come in during the 80th game of the season … DeMarcus Cousins and Anthony Davis weren’t playing, to come and support our team and support me, that shows the type of friend he is. That was special. I appreciate that,” Durant said.

Remember when marks thought that they had real beef:

:lol:
d00lttle
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,346

Post#175 » by d00lttle » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:13 am

Drake is our only chance at winning this series. Hopefully now that he is done with Coachella he can come through in the clutch.
waleedr23
Ballboy
And1: 11

Post#176 » by waleedr23 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:09 pm

He posted a pic on instagram when Ibaka got traded here so he definitely still supports the team. But clearly not as much as people want him too lol

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MoMoneyMoProbs
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,465

Post#177 » by MoMoneyMoProbs » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:19 pm

d00lttle wrote:Drake is our only chance at winning this series. Hopefully now that he is done with Coachella he can come through in the clutch.

Think he's the only one that can guard Giannis
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,908

Post#178 » by lolwut » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:22 pm

whysoserious wrote:Why do people care so much about Drake? He did his job as Global Ambassador and gave the Raps some crossover appeal to many that wouldn't follow the Raps. Now the team is good and can sustain and build on that following.

Dude was working on his album and on tour. Part of why he's not as engaged also seems to be the Raps not relying on him as much either.

People just seem to love to make a big deal out of something that really doesn't matter.

I don't see how Drake's involvement with the Raptors got more people to follow the team.
2023-2024 FatherTracker™ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,581

Post#179 » by Zeno » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:33 pm

Drake's not coming out for no NBAtv series.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Clutch0z24
General Manager
And1: 8,019

Post#180 » by Clutch0z24 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:35 pm

Ofc he has

Return to Toronto Raptors