ImageImageImageImageImage

4 on 5 basketball with Bebe is an issue

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Re: 4 on 5 basketball with Bebe is an issue 

Post#41 » by Patman » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:54 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
Patman wrote:
MoneyBall wrote:Whatever we lose on offense we gain back and more on defense. Bebe is not the problem folks.

Bebe was great in the first few months, but his play has fallen off.

Unfortunately that can be said for everyone on this roster except PatPat really.

Strangely enough tonight we were -16 with JV playing and a neutral 0 with Bebe. All in all a weird time to complain about Bebe.

Did you watch the game? JV was the only one putting in work during the first quarter and a half. It was practically 5 against 1. That we were -16 during his time on the floor was not JV's fault.
nbafan341
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,148

Post#42 » by nbafan341 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:54 am

Regardless what bebe's +/- is, people dont guard him and it makes our offence harder when demar gets doubled or trippled. right now pascal, bebe ans jakob, demarre get cheated off on offence
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,163

Post#43 » by YogurtProducer » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:57 am

Patman wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Patman wrote:

Unfortunately that can be said for everyone on this roster except PatPat really.

Strangely enough tonight we were -16 with JV playing and a neutral 0 with Bebe. All in all a weird time to complain about Bebe.

Did you watch the game? JV was the only one putting in work during the first quarter and a half. It was practically 5 against 1. That we were -16 during his time on the floor was not JV's fault.

Oh I agree. I was pointing out in the fact that Bebe wasn't nearly as bad as it was being mad out to be. Not that JV was bad.

The defense did look much better in the 2nd half
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Rayflow
Sophomore
And1: 333

Post#44 » by Rayflow » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:58 am

Take Bebe out of the rotation
tdot56
Analyst
And1: 3,080

Post#45 » by tdot56 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:00 am

Problem is all these guys are scrubs... 905 types.. Bruno, bebe, siakim, poetle, Delon, Carrolle..etc.. roster full of mediocre players... sprinked with hero ball types like dd...
Rayflow
Sophomore
And1: 333

Post#46 » by Rayflow » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:26 am

tdot56 wrote:Problem is all these guys are scrubs... 905 types.. Bruno, bebe, siakim, poetle, Delon, Carrolle..etc.. roster full of mediocre players... sprinked with hero ball types like dd...

LOL DYING loved how you added Demaree :lol: :lol: :lol:
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,975

Post#47 » by MEDIC » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:23 am

Lots of Bebe fans on this board. I'm not one of them. Cottonelle soft.

I'm hoping Masai is developing him as a trade chip.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
BDDray420
Senior
And1: 771

Post#48 » by BDDray420 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:50 am

MEDIC wrote:Lots of Bebe fans on this board. I'm not one of them. Cottonelle soft.

I'm hoping Masai is developing him as a trade chip.

dude really is soft af. how many times i see this dude apologize to his opponent and trying to help them up while a play is going on smh. bizdaddy woulda been running straight to basket after knocking a brotha down
genius-
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,173

Post#49 » by genius- » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:25 pm

My biggest gripe is Casey using him as our only big when we go small.

Doesn't matter how good our defense is if we can't finish the possession grabbing the board.

That and he sulks on every bad play he does. Annoying AF
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#50 » by vini_vidi_vici » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:25 pm

Patman wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Patman wrote:

in the 2nd and 3rd Q, JV was 1/3, 0 FTA, 3 REBs, 1 TOV, -14 in 12 mins. He was also ASTd on 3 of the 5 makes he had in the 1st Q because others were creating for him. DD/KL were awful not just the first Q but throughout, so again this isnt an indictment on just him. Lets temper that abit now.

The problem with the team last night, defense aside (the major issue, something JV was complicit in), the issues offensively are the 3PT shooting/open looks. They shot 25% from 3, and 35.7% on uncontested looks (JV was 2/2 though, 4/9 contested) vs 51.1% on contested looks, quite a stark contrast.

OT: Everything is JVs praise (someone said he was an allstar under any other coach, wow) and DCs fault on this board all the time, its kind of frustrating to find actual dialogue about this team unless you want to discuss those 2 things. Think ill go back to the other board for awhile, take care all.
iDRTG is terrible. ** Paid for by Pfizer Inc.
pbernardi
Junior
And1: 613

Post#51 » by pbernardi » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:09 pm

Justing adding a point related to Bebe's lack of shooting, which leads to a "4 on 5":

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/1-1-nogueira-comes-raptors-defence-offers-advice-caboclo/

SN: You have been a big contributor defensively. What is your specific role that you’ve been asked to execute?
LN: Blocking shots, changing shots, running hard in transition on offense and defence, trying to grab offensive rebounds when it’s possible, setting good screens, short roll and pass to the corner, full roll and catching the alley-oop finish. This is basically my whole game. I can show a couple more things in my game, but right now it’s not necessary. Coach wants me to do 2-3 things max to help the team, so I want to do what he wants me to do.
SN: Where does extending your range and shooting the three-point shot fit in that equation?
LN: I have that in my game. I’ve been working on three-pointers since I was in Europe. Coach doesn’t want me shooting threes right now because we have great shooters on the team. I know if you do what the coach wants he’s going to keep you on the floor for a long time.

For me, it looks that Casey does not want any shooting from Bebe, that's why he does not shoot and basically only finish on alley-oop. He is only doing what Casey is asking.
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#52 » by Throwback24 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:51 pm

He's now become a 4 on 5 basketball player on offense/defense/glass as well. This is ridiculous, he should not be playing over Poeltl or stealing Jonas' minutes. This is an issue...
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,725

Post#53 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:00 am

I know he's not a rookie, but he sure looks like he hit a wall. Just the number of games are a lot for him it seems, at least he's not injured. Every thing just looks slow for him right now.

With Ibaka now, it might be time to rest him a bit. We still have Poeltl.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#54 » by Psubs » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:22 am

Bebe is garbage!
Detective
Head Coach
And1: 24,545

Post#55 » by Detective » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:25 am

Bebe needs to be chained to that bench. Jonas should be given his minutes, and have Jakob cover him when Jonas gets some rest.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,715

Post#56 » by Ell Curry » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:07 am

I think Bebe has had a nice defensive year but he's definitely below average on offense, even though he's a good passer and doesn't take bad shots, which too many 5s struggle with. He doesn't have the explosiveness needed to be a proper threat on the pick and roll and with the shooting we have at the 4 now, a decent rim runner could be really efficient in that way. JV is too slow and ground bound, but Poeltl looks fluid enough that he could be decent at that job.

I wouldn't be compeltely shocked if we draft a really athletic 5 like Bam Adebayo or that UCLA kid, as long as we bring back 2 of Patterson, Tucker and Ibaka as free agents and also trade JV and Joseph to save tax money and get another 1st or a cheap rotation forward who can play at least 15-20 minutes immediately.
Where's the D?
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#57 » by Throwback24 » Tue May 8, 2018 1:47 am

Casey needs to go.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.

Return to Toronto Raptors