ImageImageImageImageImage

Ibaka a high-character guy?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

nbafan341
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,148

Re: Ibaka a high-character guy? 

Post#61 » by nbafan341 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:09 pm

nbafan341
Assistant Coach

Post#62 » by nbafan341 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:13 pm

Cael wrote:Lol. Not being a pus$¥ doesn't make you a cancer. Foh.

DId anyone say that? There's a difference between being assertive and being a hothead to your teammates. see my gif and article below. FOH

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/02/19/report-former-magic-teammates-had-real-issues-with-serge-ibaka/
Cael
Junior
And1: 458

Post#63 » by Cael » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:17 pm

Kevistics wrote:

DId anyone say that? There's a difference between being assertive and being a hothead to your teammates. see my gif and article below. FOH

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/02/19/report-former-magic-teammates-had-real-issues-with-serge-ibaka/

Kevistics wrote:With masai's emphasis on high character guys, Im a bit shocked about masai'a trust in ibaka, who will literally fight with every other metta world piece/ matt barnes.

English is a tricky language for real.
The article you keep posting doesn't even accuse him of anything. Just said it was a situational issue because he didnt want to be there but was cutting into the minutes mainstays like vucevic, and putting AG out of position which indirectly cut hezonia' mins. So what are you even talking about really? That's a terrible article btw.

nbafan341
Assistant Coach

Post#64 » by nbafan341 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:30 am

Cael wrote:
Kevistics wrote:

Kevistics wrote:With masai's emphasis on high character guys, Im a bit shocked about masai'a trust in ibaka, who will literally fight with every other metta world piece/ matt barnes.

English is a tricky language for real.
The article you keep posting doesn't even accuse him of anything. Just said it was a situational issue because he didnt want to be there but was cutting into the minutes mainstays like vucevic, and putting AG out of position which indirectly cut hezonia' mins. So what are you even talking about really? That's a terrible article btw.

That had nothing to do with english, it's reading comprehension. Also, comprehension and inference is variable and will differ depending on the reader so there is not right or wrong, absolute, true or false context that you're insinuating the article has.

Secondly, the article consider both perspectives of rob hennigan's impact having an indirect effect on ibaka perceptions to his teammates while also mentioning ibaka as a problem independent to hennigan's move.

Wht makes this a terrible article? Just because it doesnt get processed by your thick head? okay sir, nice try and troll attempt. Try a bit harder next time

Cael
Junior
And1: 458

Post#65 » by Cael » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:58 am

TooBad
Starter
And1: 1,193

Post#66 » by TooBad » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:29 am

Kevistics wrote:With masai's emphasis on high character guys, Im a bit shocked about masai'a trust in ibaka, who will literally fight with every other metta world piece/ matt barnes. I hear rumour about ibaka being locker room cancer and I hope that never happens seeing as ibaka can be a real help to our team. I like his grit, I just dont want serge to let his emotions affect our team if we lose and names get blamed

I got a bit of a douche vibe from his media day conference but I hope I'm reading too much into it.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#68 » by Kevin Willis » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:46 pm

If Ibaka doesn't work out because of character/chemistry then we don't resign him in the off-season.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
Raptorfan2012
Head Coach
And1: 4,260

Post#69 » by Raptorfan2012 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:45 pm

Kevistics wrote:Image

Good, we can use someone like that on Demar when he keeps chucking up bad shots.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#70 » by RaptorsNorth » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:11 pm

People read too much into this high character guy BS. Was rodman a high character guy ? Was Rasheed Wallace a high character guy ? Was kobe even a high character guy ? Ron arttest ? Oakley ? Lowry ? Is JV even a high character guy ? I'm not even sure if draymond Green is even a "high character" guy. I swear basketball is the only "contact" sport where you see people stressing this high character guy nonsense. Just give me a player that has a passion for the sport he's playing, wants to win, and brings it night in night out. Now I'm not saying guys should be out breaking the law but, some of you guys over do this high character guy nonsense.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
ghuytro
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#71 » by ghuytro » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:06 pm

YogurtProducer wrote::roll: :roll:
Kevistics wrote:
15Years wrote:LOL

It's posts like this that make remember why r/raptors is better community capable of discussion rather than realgm's raptors board

Serge Ibaka trade upboat party!!! Upboats for everyone yay!! Upboats upboats upboats!!!

Return to Toronto Raptors