ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors Willing To Move Sullinger & 2017 Pick

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Re: Raptors Willing To Move Sullinger & 2017 Pick 

Post#121 » by Clutch Carter » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:34 pm

If we give up a pick for tucker... no words....
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

Sherlock
General Manager
And1: 12,706

Post#122 » by Sherlock » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:37 pm

Patman wrote:
Risk101 wrote:I didn't see this posted and chances are Doug is talking out of his ass. I also love how he's hinting at P.J Tucker as the target.

Beat writer Doug Smith is reporting that while Toronto does not want to trade any of their young players, they would be willing to move Jared Sullinger and a 2017 first-round pick.

"League sources insist Toronto will not give away any more young assets such as Delon Wright, Jakob Poeltl, Lucas Nogueira, Pascal Siakam, Norm Powell or Fred VanVleet, but that doesn’t mean a package can’t be put together," writes Smith in the Toronto Star. Smith adds that the Raps could be in the market for "an offensively creative big small forward." Sullinger, who is on a one-year deal worth $5.6 million, has fallen completely out of the Raptors rotation and has no fantasy value at the moment.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/raptors/2017/02/16/raptors-ibaka-deal-sparks-nba-trade-deadline-buzz.html

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to clean vomit off of your keyboard?

Stupid Patman... :evil:
Interviewer: Championship #2?
Ujiri: Hey...We're gonna get it. I don't know when it'll be, but we're gonna get it. Just like I said we'll get the first one and I said I didn't know when we'd get it...But we will. Guarantee you we will.
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#123 » by sule » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:52 pm

Sherlock wrote:
Patman wrote:
Risk101 wrote:I didn't see this posted and chances are Doug is talking out of his ass. I also love how he's hinting at P.J Tucker as the target.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/raptors/2017/02/16/raptors-ibaka-deal-sparks-nba-trade-deadline-buzz.html

Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on how to clean vomit off of your keyboard?

I don't. But He do

RIP Kobe
Analyst
And1: 4,505

Post#124 » by RIP Kobe » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:54 pm

ash_k wrote:
"an offensively creative big small forward."

sounds like James Johnson! oh welll

maybe 3rd times a charm?

it makes me sad.. it really does :(
Mr Burns
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,799

Post#125 » by Mr Burns » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:55 pm

zippy wrote:Image

+ our first?

I'd do it tbh.

This is a joke right? You want to give up a first round pick for a 40 year old VInce Carter? :ouch:
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#126 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:57 pm

Can't believe no one's mentioned Marcus morris. Fits perfect in the salary slot and exactly what we're looking for.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Lukeem
Analyst
And1: 2,577

Post#127 » by Lukeem » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:00 pm

Clutch Carter wrote:If we give up a pick for tucker... no words....

I'm okay giving up a second .... guessing that's not what you're implying

I do think giving up a first if we get their second is fair (ish)

Being cheaper and not guaranteed is nice + that would be picking around where Masai took Powell

Decent chance to add a cheap role player with no risk

Also if it does look like it's panning out we might be able to sign him to a bit of a long term deal before he demands too much money
Lukeem
Analyst
And1: 2,577

Post#128 » by Lukeem » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:02 pm

Sherlock wrote:
Patman wrote:

Place a kicks logo next to your keyboard .... they tend to attract all forms of hot mess
h4rrison
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,102

Post#129 » by h4rrison » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:17 pm

+Raptors 2017 1st Round Pick to Portland?
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Re: RE: Re: Raptors Willing To Move Sullinger & 2017 Pick 

Post#130 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:26 pm

AussieRaptor wrote:
Potential wrote:Sullinger and 2nd for Dudley

Think Dudley would be a nice fit here. Can we make that a 2018 2nd though? Not sure what Suns cap situation looks like and if we'd be doing them a favor by giving them an expiring to take Dudley's decent sized contact off their books for the next couple years, but we're supposed to be freeing up cap space for next season, not adding to it (unless it's a legit player). I like Dudley as a veteran 3/4 who can shoot the 3 at a high clip and play some D, but we're eating another $10M for the next couple years. Suns barely use him in the rotation. An expiring + a 2018 2nd could suffice, I'd hope.

Suns fan here. Doubt the suns move dudley. They are still under the salary floor so have no motivation to move salary. Dudley was basically brought in to be an expensive mentor for their young guys and both sides seem cool with that setup for now.

I do think tucker gets moved and im sure they would jump at a 1st rounder for him. I agree with some of you that seems steep for a rental and its why that deal hasnt been done yet. I imagine they will wait right up to the deadline and hope someone gets desperate and gives them the pick or prospect they want.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
TdotRap4Lyfe
General Manager
And1: 5,079

Post#131 » by TdotRap4Lyfe » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:37 pm

I'd much rather move Carroll for an expiring like say Rose. no pick, player for player.
Credits to Jstock12
TerryTate
Analyst
And1: 1,451

Post#132 » by TerryTate » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:59 pm

Mr Burns wrote:This is a joke right? You want to give up a first round pick for a 40 year old VInce Carter? :ouch:

To be honest, VC is probably better than MOST of the options currently around the range of Sullinger's contract.
PJ Tucker is the only other option that seems attainable.
zippy
Veteran
And1: 4,130

Post#133 » by zippy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:00 pm

Mr Burns wrote:
This is a joke right? You want to give up a first round pick for a 40 year old VInce Carter? :ouch:

A useless late 1st round pick with the bottom of our roster already riddled with prospects for a VET sharp shooter going into the playoffs, and playmaking forward plus our franchise legend who should retire as a Raptor?

Yes. I'd do this.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,623

Post#134 » by Psubs » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:01 pm

TdotRap4Lyfe wrote:I'd much rather move Carroll for an expiring like say Rose. no pick, player for player.
Knicks have no PGs under contract next season.

Carroll, Sullinger and FVV for Rose, Justin Holiday and cash

Reunite FVV and Ron Baker!
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,623

Post#135 » by Psubs » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:03 pm

zippy wrote:
Mr Burns wrote:

A useless late 1st round pick with the bottom of our roster already riddled with prospects for a VET sharp shooter going into the playoffs, and playmaking forward plus our franchise legend who should retire as a Raptor?

Yes. I'd do this.

You can get a draft and stash like Anzejs Pasecniks. Sullinger and 2nd pick is plenty
Mr Burns
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,799

Post#136 » by Mr Burns » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:29 am

zippy wrote:
Mr Burns wrote:

Yes. I'd do this.

How is a pick in the 20-25 range useless? Vince Carter is pretty useless tbh, stop living in the past. There is no way in hell Ujiri is giving up our pick for Carter just so he can retire here. If you believe that this is the best you can do with an expiring contract and our first pick then you clearly don't have a grasp on asset management.
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,288

Post#137 » by Jstock12 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:44 am

sule wrote:
Sherlock wrote:
Patman wrote:

I don't. But He do

WCCC
Senior
And1: 507

Post#138 » by WCCC » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:46 am

zippy wrote:
Mr Burns wrote:

Yes. I'd do this.

Ugh..the stupidity..that's a terrible deal. Half a year of Vince who's not gonna move the needle for us.
raptor jesus
RealGM
And1: 22,007

Post#139 » by raptor jesus » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:02 am

Don't think you'll find a bigger PJ Tucker mark than me; but giving up a 1st to get him would be silly.
Borgov
Sophomore
And1: 311

Post#140 » by Borgov » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:02 am

WCCC wrote:
zippy wrote:
Mr Burns wrote:

Yes. I'd do this.

Ugh..the stupidity..that's a terrible deal. Half a year of Vince who's not gonna move the needle for us.

It is time to win now and not prattle on about the future, the Cavs are weak, the East is shaky and the Warriors are not as good as last year. Are window is now. We have Ibaka and if we can get an explosive Vince (yes at 40) we can go to the finals and compete. Every year we say that we are building for the future but we always have a bunch of scrubs rotting on our bench doing jack ****. **** that. We go all in or we waste another year doing jack crap. Get me Vince and we have a shot.

Return to Toronto Raptors