ImageImageImageImageImage

PJT vs PP

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

jonny three time
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,246

Re: PJT vs PP 

Post#41 » by jonny three time » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:40 pm

sca wrote:For the curious, here's our rotation for the last two games:

I mean, they aren't even playing at the same position.

Great graphic. Where did you find it?

As for the topic at hand, people need to chill with anointing players as "better" than others, when they have different games and play different positions on the court. Casey will choose who to play at key times out of Tucker, Pat and Carroll based off of matchups and who looks good that game.

We have such a luxury in these 4 great defensive forwards that we can rotate all game long. They're not threats to eachothers success. They're the new backbone and identity to the team. In the same way our guards are the star players of our offense, with the forwards and centers learning how to complement them, our forwards are the star players of our defense, with the guards and centers the role players at that end. There's plenty of minutes to go around for them too thanks to positional versatility.
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,742

Post#42 » by Johnny Bball » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Totem wrote:It's not Tucker that has been forcing the benching of PPat going forward, it's been the resurgence of Carroll's Defence. This dude has been bringing it on defence and is the main reason why casey has pushed tucker down to the 4 instead having him finish games at SF with PPat and Ibaka.

That may be the case. Carroll has been good. But like SCA showed, PJ is taking the 7 minutes at PF when we go small and they are coming from Patterson. I would like to see what SI, PP, PJ can do together more... but yeah, Carroll. Hmmm.
sidsid
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,232

Post#43 » by sidsid » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:27 pm

I don't see a big drop off in speed from the PJ/PP vs. DMC/PJ lineup. Which would be the only concern in comparison. Paterson is our smartest player, and was the key cog to our best lineups. And that's taking into account that his 3 ball has been off for most of the year.

There isn't a scenario where PP should see less than 25 minutes on this team. All of Bebe's minutes should be going to Ibaka/JV (with limited burn for Poetl). Any other minutes should be coming from DMC's 30 plus.
Veggamattic
Veteran
And1: 1,419

Post#44 » by Veggamattic » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:24 pm

The_Hater wrote:
Veggamattic wrote:I find it hard to think of 1 thing that Patterson is better at than Tucker.

PP is a better shooter 3 point shooter for sure. He's also a better passer, they're similar rebounders and PP is al'ost certainly better at guarding true PF/C types with his length

Don't turn the blinders on based on 3 games.

I disagree with every point you made. They have similar 3 point %'s but Patterson is almost never guarded unlike Tucker. The only passes I see Patterson making are hand-offs at the top of the key. Tucker is a much better rebounder (Tucker has been playing with other rebounders in Phoenix, while Patterson is usually playing with nobody to suck up the loose boards) and I also think Tucker can guard any position better than Patterson.

Tucker hustles much more, he is a better slasher, he is way better in transition, he handles the ball better and doesn't make as many dumb plays.

Phoenix is my 2nd favourite team so there is no blinders...I've seen Tucker play in over 200 games in the last 4 years.
Rapcity_11
RealGM
And1: 9,536

Post#45 » by Rapcity_11 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:30 pm

The_Hater wrote:
Veggamattic wrote:I find it hard to think of 1 thing that Patterson is better at than Tucker.

PP is a better shooter 3 point shooter for sure. He's also a better passer, they're similar rebounders and PP is al'ost certainly better at guarding true PF/C types with his length

Don't turn the blinders on based on 3 games.

That dude thinks Patterson sucks for some hilarious reason.

People around here are definitely watching Tucker with rose coloured glasses. It's hilarious.

Return to Toronto Raptors