ImageImageImageImageImage

PG : JYD 3.0 and DeKobe FTW!!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Moose23
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Re: RE: Re: PG : JYD 3.0 and DeKobe FTW!! 

Post#481 » by Moose23 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:30 pm

Gold Dragon wrote:Anyone complaining about Demar this game doesn't really understand basketball. Demar was in the zone. Demar going up against 3 defenders had a higher chance of going in than wide open shots by almost any other player on the team. On other nights when he isn't shooting like this, passing it is a good idea. This last game was not one of those nights.

I saw demar got 1 on 3 on like the 3rd play of the game.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk
Camboflage
Veteran
And1: 1,725

Re: PG : JYD 3.0 and DeKobe FTW!! 

Post#482 » by Camboflage » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:30 pm

Lol @ Knick fans on realGM acting all inferior celebrating tanking. Those days they ignored we were the kings of the division when they were decent calling us Craptors. You aren't tanking, you are trying to win and just bad at it. I love beating the Knicks!!!! Give us another draft pick!!!! Take our worst players!!!
GQStylin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,631

Post#483 » by GQStylin » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:35 pm

Saciid11 wrote:Even when we win JV fan boys will still find something to bitch about .... Tonight they bitching about the game winning shot being bad shot . This is like why the fuuuck are you winning the game Demar, you should be bricking that shot so we can celebrate and in dignity blame everything on you and Casey .... But hey we still gone blame you and hate on you even if you hit that clutch shot .

We are 3-0 without Lowry, we are winning games with our defense and not our mediocre offense ...So why not just enjoy this moment instead of ruining it with constant bitching ..

JV aside, I don't know how you can be celebrating how well Demar did but at the same time don't criticize him on nearly costing us the game. As much as his offense helped us to a win, his lack of BBIQ and defense almost cost us the game. On the Courtney Lee go ahead 3pter, Demar completely left him wide open to take a free shot and then on the last shot he was blinding running after Lee trying to cover him without even looking back to see that Carmelo was wide open for a shot attempt.

So yeah its great that we won this game, but we easily could've lost it because of two dumb Demar defensive plays. So instead of giving Demar a pass why not call him out on his lack of defense that constantly hurts the Raps when he's on the floor? Would you be giving JV a pass if twice he left his man open like that and almost cost us a game? Somehow I doubt it.
Moose23
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#484 » by Moose23 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:35 pm

Choker wrote:
Moose23 wrote:I am happy with the win.

But I am very disappointed with the execution of it.

Demar scored alot of points, but there was far too much arms flailing at the refs, far too much 1v3 or 4, poor defense and not nearly enough of ball movement once the ball touched his hands. That last one in particular makes it very hard for the rest of the team to get it going offensively when they are essentially trying to do nothing other than "I need to get up a few shots, need to get mine" offense.
It seems at times like Demar is more concerned about getting his and trying to prove his own worth than anything else......very much like NYK Carmelo.

Mabey that is what the team has....a 29 million dollar a year Carmelo Anthony....Cause Kobe was a DPOY candiate and all nba defensive talent as well as a guy who would put up 30ppg....Demar does only one of those things.

And the defense was atrocious for all but about 20 minutes of the game, team got lucky to beat a much worse team who was without their best player, and a player that they have no real talent behind. I know we was without Lowry, but we still have Joseph AND Wright behind him who have shown they can fill in admirably.

Our offense was trash most of the game outside of DeRozan. Ibaka was airballing 3 pointers, Powell decided to become a scrub for the night, Patterson was missing everything. The only other notable offensive contributor was Jonas, who dealt with foul trouble and didn't get to play in the 4th quarter as per usual. Carroll and Joseph were okay at best. We NEEDED DeMar to go hero ball and it worked. Better ball movement meant more shots for people who proved to not have it going offensively.

We're missing our best player, this was our 3rd game in 4 nights, we dealt with foul trouble to one of our only other scoring options, and most of our players sucked offensively. DeRozan should be the last player you need to be complaining about.

I dont believe i am complaining, i am critiquing.

I am just pointing out something that i feel is not good

And it started at the jump. If its 4th quarter, no one is scoring and demar is making everything and is going nuts then great.

But when its first quarter and even though some teamates arent making...that is the time to try and get them going....not solely look for your own.

Jonn
RealGM
And1: 19,076

Re: Holy shoot! Demar.. What.. When.. How O.o 

Post#485 » by Jonn » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:35 pm

Rose was engaged defensively last night. He was definitely into people and making an effort. He is playing for his next contract though.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#486 » by Kabookalu » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:47 pm

Moose23 wrote:
Choker wrote:
Moose23 wrote:I am happy with the win.

But I am very disappointed with the execution of it.

Demar scored alot of points, but there was far too much arms flailing at the refs, far too much 1v3 or 4, poor defense and not nearly enough of ball movement once the ball touched his hands. That last one in particular makes it very hard for the rest of the team to get it going offensively when they are essentially trying to do nothing other than "I need to get up a few shots, need to get mine" offense.
It seems at times like Demar is more concerned about getting his and trying to prove his own worth than anything else......very much like NYK Carmelo.

Mabey that is what the team has....a 29 million dollar a year Carmelo Anthony....Cause Kobe was a DPOY candiate and all nba defensive talent as well as a guy who would put up 30ppg....Demar does only one of those things.

And the defense was atrocious for all but about 20 minutes of the game, team got lucky to beat a much worse team who was without their best player, and a player that they have no real talent behind. I know we was without Lowry, but we still have Joseph AND Wright behind him who have shown they can fill in admirably.

Our offense was trash most of the game outside of DeRozan. Ibaka was airballing 3 pointers, Powell decided to become a scrub for the night, Patterson was missing everything. The only other notable offensive contributor was Jonas, who dealt with foul trouble and didn't get to play in the 4th quarter as per usual. Carroll and Joseph were okay at best. We NEEDED DeMar to go hero ball and it worked. Better ball movement meant more shots for people who proved to not have it going offensively.

We're missing our best player, this was our 3rd game in 4 nights, we dealt with foul trouble to one of our only other scoring options, and most of our players sucked offensively. DeRozan should be the last player you need to be complaining about.

I dont believe i am complaining, i am critiquing.

I am just pointing out something that i feel is not good

And it started at the jump. If its 4th quarter, no one is scoring and demar is making everything and is going nuts then great.

But when its first quarter and even though some teamates arent making...that is the time to try and get them going....not solely look for your own.

I felt like more than usual DeRozan was passing the ball more. He usually only has 33 passes a game, last night that was up to 41. There were also 8 potential assists left on the board, I know a few of them were from kicking it out to a wide open Ibaka who missed everything. The thing with DeMar and his passing game is that he's a drive and kick player, not a drive and dish. He doesn't create open opportunities for big men inside the way Westbrook can on the daily, he's more opt to find players on the perimeter. And last night our perimeter shooters missed almost everything.
Read on Twitter
GQStylin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,631

Post#487 » by GQStylin » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:57 pm

Gold Dragon wrote:Anyone complaining about Demar this game doesn't really understand basketball. Demar was in the zone. Demar going up against 3 defenders had a higher chance of going in than wide open shots by almost any other player on the team. On other nights when he isn't shooting like this, passing it is a good idea. This last game was not one of those nights.

So wait let me get this straight. When Demar is 'in the zone' the Raps should keep feeding him because he has the hot hand and has got it going. Ok fine, BUT how come this has HARDLY EVER applied to JV?? How come when he's 'in the zone' and has got it going during a game we still have give it to Demar, Lowry and the rest of our jumpshooters even when they're laying bricks all night?

This is the kind of double standard on this team that I HATE with a passion and its why I hate Casey as a coach. Its ALWAYS two different sets of rules depending if you're a favorite of his or not and its pretty obvious that JV isn't a favorite of his. This isn't just stupid and wrong, but it often hurts the team and has cost us games because of Casey and the Raps giving JV the bare minimum to do on offense instead of using his abilities to the fullest especially when he has the hot hand and is hitting most of his shots.

How sad is it that Ibaka in his very first 3 games as a Raptor is already consistently taking many more shots than JV is who hasn't broken 10 FGAs in the last 4 games? Its pretty damn apparent that Casey and the Raps simply refuse to give JV a chance no matter how well he's doing and I just HATE that about this team. Can we trade him already and just set him free?
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#488 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:02 pm

beachbean wrote:I :love: love :love: this team.

YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,164

Post#489 » by YogurtProducer » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:02 pm

Rapcity_11 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:FVV gave great minutes tonight. Hope he finds more minutes in the rotation especially if Cojo puts up 6 points in 30+ mins

Guy is too small and unathletic to compete defensively unfortunately.

In his very limited minutes our team D has been elite
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#490 » by RaptorsLife » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:03 pm

Derozan and JV in the same sentence doesn't work lol
Raptors til death
Gold Dragon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,582

Post#491 » by Gold Dragon » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:04 pm

GQStylin wrote:

So wait let me get this straight. When Demar is 'in the zone' the Raps should keep feeding him because he has the hot hand and has got it going. Ok fine, BUT how come this has HARDLY EVER applied to JV?? How come when he's 'in the zone' and has got it going during a game we still have give it to Demar, Lowry and the rest of our jumpshooters even when they're laying bricks all night?

This is the kind of double standard on this team that I HATE with a passion and its why I hate Casey as a coach. Its ALWAYS two different sets of rules depending if you're a favorite of his or not and its pretty obvious that JV isn't a favorite of his. This isn't just stupid and wrong, but it often hurts the team and has cost us games because of Casey and the Raps giving JV the bare minimum to do on offense instead of using his abilities to the fullest especially when he has the hot hand and is hitting most of his shots.

How sad is it that Ibaka in his very first 3 games as a Raptor is already consistently taking many more shots than JV is who hasn't broken 10 FGAs in the last 4 games? Its pretty damn apparent that Casey and the Raps simply refuse to give JV a chance no matter how well he's doing and I just HATE that about this team. Can we trade him already and just set him free?

We should feed JV when he is hot too. To a certain extent. There are different rules not because of being a favourite but because JV is a C with a limited repertoire that works only in certain situations depending on what the defense gives you. A lot of the JV fans need to catch up to some of the changes that have happened league wide and not just to the Raptors.
ropjhk
RealGM
And1: 10,527

Post#492 » by ropjhk » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:04 pm

He even got hit on the arm on his shot and still dropped it in. Demar is still developing and has franchise borderline superstar potential.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#493 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:04 pm

zippy wrote:
carl_english wrote:Val only 18 min? Casey tryin to get rid of him.

He got into early foul trouble, Lost his rhythm.

Wasn't he perfect from the field?
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#494 » by RaptorsLife » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:06 pm

Read on Twitter
Raptors til death
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Post#495 » by Double Helix » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:08 pm

Yeah. I didn't see the foul until phantom cam. All the more impressive in slow mo.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
artsncrafts
RealGM
And1: 25,039

Post#496 » by artsncrafts » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:09 pm

I want JV to go to a different team and feast on Casey (and Saciid) when he play us.
Harold_and_Kumar wrote:What if the 10 incher was overrated and the 4 incher was too small for any playing time, but the 7 incher was a perfect fit for our roster and the 5 incher was good for specific situations, like backdoor cuts?
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#497 » by Kabookalu » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:12 pm

GQStylin wrote:

It's hard comparing post players to ballhandlers. When DeMar has it going it's easy to get him the ball. Just get him the ball. No one is going to deny him the ball from 30ft out this side of Avery Bradley. To get Jonas the ball though, we need to run plays to get him open down low in the post, assuming that he's sealed his man well enough and there's a good enough passing angle, and it also doesn't help our guys aren't good post entry passers. There's a lot more factors into getting the hot hand to a post player, as opposed to a ballhandler.

Also there's a reason why Ibaka is getting the amount of attempts he has. For one, he can knock down the 3. Two, he's been getting the ball from the elbows a lot ala Bosh and going to work either facing his man up or backing them down. There have been a couple of moments where Ibaka sealed his man down low like how Jonas would, asking for the ball, and he wouldn't see it at all, so not getting the ball down low with good position isn't just a Jonas thing. Ibaka gets more attempts because he can catch the ball from farther out and do more things with it as opposed to Jonas.

Look, I don't like this at all myself. Jonas has improved his passing game (not getting assists but it's there), he's not hesitating on those free throw line jumpers anymore, and he's as efficient as ever. All the missed opportunities to get him the ball triggers me. Though I don't think there's a conspiracy to purposely hinder him. Our guys are just not good at making the post entry pass, and Casey discourages passes that his players don't feel in confident in making, and unfortunately that's most of our players outside of Lowry.

Read on Twitter
MavCarter
RealGM
And1: 30,987

Post#498 » by MavCarter » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:14 pm

artsncrafts wrote:I want JV to go to a different team and feast on Casey (and Saciid) when he play us.

Yeah we'll get all the points right back with him protecting the rim for another team. Lowry/Ibaka would feast in the pnr
#Enjoytheride
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#499 » by RaptorsNorth » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:19 pm

Love threads like these because they slowly bring out the haters... Give it a couple hours.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,961

Post#500 » by ATLTimekeeper » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:22 pm

DeMar's defense was horrendous last night... thank god he's on fire these days. Casey would have been roasted if Melo hit that shot for leaving DeMar in on D. I get that there's a bit of ego stroking going on, but damn... and letting O'Quinn dish off to Baker on that cut with 2 seconds on the shot clock was just terrible basketball by DeMar. Those two players should never be allowed to save a possession :lol:

On the other hand, DeMar's confidence on offense really settles the team down. I was sort of hoping we'd give Norm the reigns a bit on the 2nd unit, but it seems like we're not entirely sure what to do other than attack in transition.

We've been fortunate that the competition we've faced without Lowry are all **** defensive teams. Washington will be better. This could be ugly with the way we've been coming out of the gate.

Return to Toronto Raptors