ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Gilbert Arenas Talks About Resting Players

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Risk101
General Manager
And1: 19,145

OT: Gilbert Arenas Talks About Resting Players 

Post#1 » by Risk101 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:51 pm

no.chill.gil@lindacohn Do you remember a player by the name of #iverson and his famous quote y'all mocked for years "practice? We talking about practice? Not the game,not the game I go out there and DIE FOR"if you've never stepped foot on an NBA floor your not a expert,you're just a person out there giving ur expert opinion on a profession you're not actually an expert in so I'll help out..let's take my man #BrodieWestbrook this man goes 1000% on that floor 3-5 days a night..study shows it takes an avg player less then 72hrs to fully recover..now if these guys can't actually fully recover with 3-5 games a week now throw in PRACTICE, let's talk about PRACTICE....U think #brodie don't practice just as hard ? He goes 1000% in practice also..how can Westbrook recover to preform like he does? During an 8hr flt?

The NBA is being filled with younger coaches who treat **** like it's college and run players down during the season..so now players are staying fatigued,beat up and missing actual games..if u guys wanna know how to rest players during an NBA season without disrespecting the games! Talk to doc rivers #ThePlayersCoach he understands rest is the MOST important thing during a season so midway through his teams barely practice..it's march if u don't know the plays by now your not a professional..practice is never about the other team..it's about ur stuff..reg season is based off your principles you've learned during training camp,an not much focus on the team ur facing day to day..unless u have shoot around the day of the game where u run over key plays for that team..if ur playing against #GS go over on screens with #curry, if he runs a pick with another shooter #Switch..go under all pick and rolls with #livingston if they repick switch..force klay to come off the right side on a pin down his shot is alot slower that way,if he does come off the left side be prepared to switch and make sure u talk becuz that's a freethrow for him that way..force green to score and be one Dimensional and not let him pick us apart with an all around game..I haven't practice one day this season and I'll understand the game #kerr do what's best for your team,this is chess not checkers
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Re: OT: Gilbert Arenas Talks About Resting Players 

Post#2 » by Inevitable » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:56 pm

I want to fire Casey and hire Gilbert
Drop Shot
RealGM
And1: 91,916

Post#3 » by Drop Shot » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:58 pm

Inevitable wrote:I want to fire Casey and hire Gilbert

S/O to Bruno for the Sig and Avi
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,388

Post#4 » by Mikistan » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:01 pm

CDN Uprising wrote:

Gilbert talked about training camp and running offensive sets in practice. "Run your stuff not worry about other teams"

Once again, this year, our "head coach" came in with no plan for offense in training camp -
Right from the get go we were ****.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,165

Post#5 » by YogurtProducer » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:11 pm

**** based off this thread you'd think we were last in Offense
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Badonkadonk
Head Coach
And1: 11,756

Post#6 » by Badonkadonk » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:15 pm

The only thing Glibert is good for is to be the punch line of a Jeopardy answer.

MavCarter
RealGM
And1: 30,987

Post#7 » by MavCarter » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:25 pm

Mikistan wrote:
CDN Uprising wrote:

Gilbert talked about training camp and running offensive sets in practice. "Run your stuff not worry about other teams"

Once again, this year, our "head coach" came in with no plan for offense in training camp -

Our offense was **** right from the get go?
#Enjoytheride
Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,989

Post#8 » by Mack11 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:29 pm

would be great with our empty the clip mantra
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,741

Post#9 » by Yeezus_ » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:49 pm

Mikistan wrote:
CDN Uprising wrote:

we had the best offense in history up until Demar got hurt I believe lol
Yeezy SZN approaching
VinBaker6
RealGM
And1: 61,808

Post#10 » by VinBaker6 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:10 pm

Hibachi knows his ****. Smart guy.

S/O to TZ!
Steelo Green
RealGM
And1: 24,807

Post#11 » by Steelo Green » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:35 pm

Mikistan wrote:
CDN Uprising wrote:

He came in with no plan you say, and yet he's constantly running sets.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,388

Post#12 » by Mikistan » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:21 am

McGregFan wrote:
Mikistan wrote:
CDN Uprising wrote:

Our offense was **** right from the get go?

Are you pointing at Demar's unsustainable uptick in efficiency from long 2s masking a complete non-system to draw attention away from the simple improvement we could make as a team to be EVEN better?
Grandia
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,547

Post#13 » by Grandia » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:37 am

I think Gilbert would work better with DeRozan than Casey. Gilbert really understands "Empty the clip."
I hate pineapples.
refshateRaps
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,947

Post#14 » by refshateRaps » Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:59 pm

When Gilbert make sense you know you have bad coach.

Casey has wore down Kyle every year. Its one thing to be really smart and give your best players with full days off like Pops does but its just insanity :cry: to play your best and grittiest player 35 mins a night even in unnecessary regular season games.

Every GD season after the AS break Lowry start to show wear and tear. Casey is a moron.
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#15 » by Psubs » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:47 pm

refshateRaps wrote:When Gilbert make sense you know you have bad coach.

Casey has wore down Kyle every year. Its one thing to be really smart and your best players full days off like Pops does but its just insanity :cry: to play your best and grittiest player 35 mins a night even in unnecessary regular season games.

Every GD season after the AS break Lowry start to show wear and tear. Casey is a moron.

Lowry is the key, so is JV, everyone else is secondary.
Red_Claw
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,646

Post#16 » by Red_Claw » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:17 pm

Gilbert, don't bring the whole league into this just because you were made of glass.
tnugget
Bench Warmer
And1: 206

Post#17 » by tnugget » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:58 pm

That was a really long response.

Gilbert had a tough road to the NBA. Well documented.

Obviously it's a catch 22. If he behaved himself better then he wouldn't get love from the average fan for being too real. Too real is an understatement with Gil.

If he was a first round pick, and mostly kept his mouth shut throughout his playing career, maybe he would have an analyst position right now in the media. Would love to see his actual opinion, and well prepared to dish it on a proper stage instead of Instagram.

If I were him I wouldn't waste my breath but obviously he's passionate about the game, and still watches it unlike maybe some former players now analysts that barely even watch the game as intently as Gil might.

As far as my personal opinion on the matter I'm not gonna get into it since both sides, fans vs players get mad trying to explain the concept vs the other. It's pretty much beating a dead horse. Although, true that it has only occurred within less than the past 24 hours.

So, to our fans, just be glad that the Raptors starting lineup suited up last night, even as bad as last night's game was. Most of us would rather have Kerr as a coach compared to Casey anyways. Fans are always gonna think they can do the players and coaches jobs better than the players and coaches themselves anyways. It's the nature of the beast.
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#18 » by Throwback24 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:05 pm

CDN Uprising wrote:

he understands ball gilbert would make baketball exciting again
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
tnugget
Bench Warmer
And1: 206

Post#19 » by tnugget » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:18 pm

He's no perfect player, career wise, but a lot of people wouldn't wanna see Gilbert Arenas at his actual peak in today's NBA game. If a time machine could bring back 2005-2006 Gilbert Arenas and the swag that he had in that season to be able to step onto the court of any current NBA arena and/or even in any era you had to respect how much he could make your life a living hell as an opponent.

Return to Toronto Raptors