ImageImageImageImageImage

Kyle lowry praise thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Re: Kyle lowry praise thread 

Post#61 » by RaptorsLife » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:31 pm

Playoffs let's talk about it when we get there
Raptors til death
Van_Trump
Veteran
And1: 1,266

Post#62 » by Van_Trump » Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:39 pm

Fans forget.

Earlier this year, when we were really cooking, it was Lowry who was carrying this team.

Whenever he came out of a game the team would collapse (and that is a polite way of putting it).
When he returned to the floor, the team would play like the second best team in the east again.

His influence on his team's performance is not at Lebron level, but he is not much lower.

At least DD is learning to pass out of double and triple teams.

On a positive note, the trade deadline additions make this a much better playoff team.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Kyle lowry praise thread 

Post#63 » by RaptorsNorth » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:02 pm

bon wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:
bon wrote:
Dude, Lowry improves the offense of the team even WITHOUT SCORING. I don't know how much clearer I need to say that
oh please! Is that why we were losing before he got injured ? Is that why masai had to make the trades ? Lowry does make the team better but you guys act like everything is a given when he gets back. His performance drops every time he's in the playoffs and that's a fact! This team needs more scoring from him than pervious years. The bench is borderline trash offensively and casey knows it which why he always kept demar or lowry on the flow at all times. The numbers he's been putting up in the playoffs in the last couple seasons is not going to cut it with this current team. Our bench has been one of the worst since the allstar break. Our entire bench have been getting out scored by players, not team benches but single players on their bench.

Ah yes. A 15 game stretch where the team was slumping and wasn't healthy should take precedent over the past 4 seasons he's been with the team. Sounds logical
your argument is based on nothing but hope! My argument is based on facts! It's based on his past playoff appearances. Lowry is a 30 year old PG that has never stepped up in the playoffs and that's a fact! His numbers drop in the playoffs and that's a fact! You can spin it any way you what but everything you're saying is based on hope and wishful thinking. So you can sit there and say lowry will step up in the playoff but what are you basing this off ? Your imagination ? Hope ? Anybody that truly believes lowry will step up in the playoff is basing that off hope. There's no sign of him ever being a playoff performer in his career and he's about to sign his last contract.
ā€œElephant in the room : Nick Thibodeauā€ Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
T-d0t
General Manager
And1: 12,914

Post#64 » by T-d0t » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:04 pm

All hail Kyle praise be to Lowry
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,873

Post#65 » by deeps6x » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:31 pm

First of all, Pizza without Pineapple is the BEST kind of Pizza.

As for Lowry, yeah, I hope he is a Raptor for the rest of his career as well - but only as long as he gets signed to a reasonable contract that takes his age and health into consideration.

No way in hell do I want to see this guy given a super max deal. Does he deserve more that DD? Well... he has in every season he has played with him, so I can't fault Masai and MLSE if they give him a little more. Like $30M/yr. But if anyone starts thinking $40M or (gasp) $50M/yr, someone needs to slap them upside the head and then shake some sense into them.

If MLSE is treating this as a pure business venture, All they will care about is keeping the Raptors in the playoffs - long term - so I don't think they'd cripple the team 3-5 years out by giving Kyle a 5 year super max deal.

I'll bring it up again. Imagine Jameer Nelson being your leader, your star, and the guy taking home a full third of your team's salary, and having your team struggle to make the playoffs from 2020 to 2023, while also being a tax paying team. 7th seed, 8th seed, 9th seed those last three years of his super max contract. Is that something to look forward to?

Yeah yeah, you don't think Jameer is the right player to compare to Lowry. Flame on. Whatever. But consider this, Nelson had his best statistical season at age 26. Then started slipping, slipping, slipping (age?), but the team (contract year for Dwight Howard?) had a resurgence and his age 30 season was his second best ever. The following season, he misses 14 games due to injury. Team is in the playoffs...your star PG might have been injured but was still your second best player for the season... what would have happened IF THAT SEASON WAS JAMEER'S CONTRACT YEAR? Hell the team would have maxed him and suffered greatly, as every season after that, which would have been the first seasons of his new max deal, at age 32 (ring any bells?), WERE THE WORST SEASONS of his Entire Career! Each worse than the previous one. All worse than his rookie season. Wanna kill the Raptors for the next 5 seasons? Bet against father time and give Kyle a super max $250M deal. Want to keep him but also maintain a slim chance you can trade him IF HIS CAREER ARC follows the natural path (aka Jameer Nelson's and countless other star player's paths), then offer him a dollar more than any other team can offer. Give him a regular max Plus a Buck, and only have it be over 4 years.

Nelson and Lowry aren't that different. Both little bulldogs, both relying on toughness and their shot. The only difference as I see it, is Kyle has managed to stretch his prime years a few years beyond the 27-28 year old statistical peak of the bulk of NBA players. But even Kyle is about to have father time catch up with him.

Fingers crossed Kyle comes back from this injury shooting as well as he was earlier this season. But if he doesn't, wow, do you really want to risk mega money and mega years on the hope that he keeps beating the odds before his inevitable natural decline in productivity and performance?

FWIW, Jameer's stats:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/n/nelsoja01.html
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager
And1: 12,646

Post#66 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:32 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:
bon wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:oh please! Is that why we were losing before he got injured ? Is that why masai had to make the trades ? Lowry does make the team better but you guys act like everything is a given when he gets back. His performance drops every time he's in the playoffs and that's a fact! This team needs more scoring from him than pervious years. The bench is borderline trash offensively and casey knows it which why he always kept demar or lowry on the flow at all times. The numbers he's been putting up in the playoffs in the last couple seasons is not going to cut it with this current team. Our bench has been one of the worst since the allstar break. Our entire bench have been getting out scored by players, not team benches but single players on their bench.

Ah yes. A 15 game stretch where the team was slumping and wasn't healthy should take precedent over the past 4 seasons he's been with the team. Sounds logical
your argument is based on nothing but hope! My argument is based on facts! It's based on his past playoff appearances. Lowry is a 30 year old PG that has never stepped up in the playoffs and that's a fact! His numbers drop in the playoffs and that's a fact! You can spin it any way you what but everything you're saying is based on hope and wishful thinking. So you can sit there and say lowry will step up in the playoff but what are you basing this off ? Your imagination ? Hope ? Anybody that truly believes lowry will step up in the playoff is basing that off hope. There's no sign of him ever being a playoff performer in his career and he's about to sign his last contract.

He's had some duds but he's clearly the most impactful player even with those. You are taking this extreme stance on his playoff performance with no real substance. If you want to say he doesn't play like beast Lowry consistently in the playoffs sure. But you are talking like he has done squat in the playoffs.

Some highlights:

Game 5 vs Nets: 36/6, 6/9 3pt
Game 7 vs Nets: 28/7/5, 12/14 FT

Game 5 vs Miami: 25/10/6
Game 6 vs Miami: 36/4/3
Game 7 vs Miami: 35/9/7, 5/7 3p

Game 4 vs CLE: 35/5/3, 4/7 3p

How has he shown no signs of every being a playoff performer? 2015 Playoffs were a disgrace. He was hurt but if you want to use that go ahead. At the end of the day this team goes with Lowry. He doesn't have to step it up in the playoffs, nor do I think he will, he just has to be the same player that he continually shows us in the regular season.
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,873

Post#67 » by deeps6x » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:40 pm

Yeah, lets talk about how often he gets hurt. About the playoff games where he wasn't the star (many more than where he was).

Last year was his peak. This year could have been better if he'd have stayed healthy. The future years aren't going to be better, they are guaranteed to be worse.

That said, I will cross my fingers if I'm Masai, and offer him that 4 yr plus a buck 'other team's max' deal and pray he remains a star for at least the first 2 or 3 years of the deal.

If we can also bring back Ibaka and Tucker (might have to trade Carroll or JV to make that work though), then we can remain a top 5 team in the east for 2-3 more seasons.

That should satisfy MLSE, make the fans happy, and if Kyle is reasonable and realistic, he will realize this is the best possible deal and outcome for him. He makes more than anywhere else, plus he earns a few cents more, stays with his buddy DD, and a coach who lets him do whatever he wants in Casey (until enough time comes off Casey's deal that MLSE can finally fire him).
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#68 » by RaptorsNorth » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:45 pm

ROBBS wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:
bon wrote:Ah yes. A 15 game stretch where the team was slumping and wasn't healthy should take precedent over the past 4 seasons he's been with the team. Sounds logical

He's had some duds but he's clearly the most impactful player even with those. You are taking this extreme stance on his playoff performance with no real substance. If you want to say he doesn't play like beast Lowry consistently in the playoffs sure. But you are talking like he has done squat in the playoffs.

Some highlights:

How has he shown no signs of every being a playoff performer? 2015 Playoffs were a disgrace. He was hurt but if you want to use that go ahead. At the end of the day this team goes with Lowry. He doesn't have to step it up in the playoffs, nor do I think he will, he just has to be the same player that he continually shows us in the regular season.
now post all his numbers and not just a few games. Fact is he had more stinkers than he had good games. Those numbers are not good for 3 seasons in the playoffs considering we went all the the way to the ECF last season. I mean look at the few number of decent you came up with. 6 decent games from 3 seasons of playoff basketball. How is that good ?
ā€œElephant in the room : Nick Thibodeauā€ Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
BramptonYute
Head Coach
And1: 8,677

Post#69 » by BramptonYute » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:51 pm

god bless kyle lowry
RaptorsLife
RealGM

Post#70 » by RaptorsLife » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:56 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:
ROBBS wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote: your argument is based on nothing but hope! My argument is based on facts! It's based on his past playoff appearances. Lowry is a 30 year old PG that has never stepped up in the playoffs and that's a fact! His numbers drop in the playoffs and that's a fact! You can spin it any way you what but everything you're saying is based on hope and wishful thinking. So you can sit there and say lowry will step up in the playoff but what are you basing this off ? Your imagination ? Hope ? Anybody that truly believes lowry will step up in the playoff is basing that off hope. There's no sign of him ever being a playoff performer in his career and he's about to sign his last contract.

Some highlights:

now post all his numbers and not just a few games. Fact is he had more stinkers than he had good games. Those numbers are not good for 3 seasons in the playoffs considering we went all the the way to the ECF last season. I mean look at the few number of decent you came up with. 6 decent games from 3 seasons of playoff basketball. How is that good ?

Please answer this. Im not jv fan either but I'm nowhere a big of a jv hater as you. Stats prove JV was easily our best playoff player. You care so much about playoff performances yet you dislike our best playoff player. Makes no sense to me
Raptors til death
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager

Post#71 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:57 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:
ROBBS wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote: your argument is based on nothing but hope! My argument is based on facts! It's based on his past playoff appearances. Lowry is a 30 year old PG that has never stepped up in the playoffs and that's a fact! His numbers drop in the playoffs and that's a fact! You can spin it any way you what but everything you're saying is based on hope and wishful thinking. So you can sit there and say lowry will step up in the playoff but what are you basing this off ? Your imagination ? Hope ? Anybody that truly believes lowry will step up in the playoff is basing that off hope. There's no sign of him ever being a playoff performer in his career and he's about to sign his last contract.

Some highlights:

I'm responding to the fact you said he has shown NO signs of being a playoff performer which is not true. Like I said, if you want to say he hasn't consistently put up great stats in the playoffs then say that instead.
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager

Post#72 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:18 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:
ROBBS wrote:

Some highlights:

Also here. I left out the Was series for obvious reasons.

2013-2014 Regular season avgs: 17.9 points / 7.4 ast /4.7 reb / .380 3P% / .423 FG% / .567 TS / USG 22.9
2013-2014 Playoffs avgs: 21.1 points / 4.7 ast / 4.7 ref / .395 3P% / .404 FG% / .567 TS / USG 26.1

2015-2016 Regular season avgs: 21.2 points / 6.4 ast / 4.7 reb / .388 3P% / .427 FG% / .578 TS / USG 26.1
2015-2016 Playoffs: 19.1 points / 6.0 ast / 4.7 reb / .304 3P% / .397 FG% / .508 TS / USG 26.5
raptorstime
RealGM
And1: 43,280

Post#73 » by raptorstime » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:22 pm

Best Raptor ever, imo.
RaptorsLife
RealGM

Post#74 » by RaptorsLife » Thu Apr 6, 2017 2:06 am

The goat is back. Better than ever
Raptors til death
RealGM
And1: 66,474

Post#75 » by 720 » Thu Apr 6, 2017 2:26 am

Greatest Raptor of all time and It's not close.
dawn_wan
Veteran
And1: 612

Post#76 » by dawn_wan » Thu Apr 6, 2017 2:29 am

No one will wear # 7 when his time is done

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#77 » by Vlade Divac » Thu Apr 6, 2017 2:40 am

Always big fan of his game. Heart, grit, skill and more hart! Welcome back King Kyle!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#78 » by Vlade Divac » Thu Apr 6, 2017 2:42 am

Rapcity_11 wrote:Too bad he's not having the best individual season in Raptora history.

So the president of DeBrick fanboy club is saying?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,485

Post#79 » by Bankai » Thu Apr 6, 2017 2:42 am

Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,376

Post#80 » by Mikistan » Thu Apr 6, 2017 2:44 am

ROBBS wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:
bon wrote:Ah yes. A 15 game stretch where the team was slumping and wasn't healthy should take precedent over the past 4 seasons he's been with the team. Sounds logical

Some highlights:

Those are monster numbers - but he wasn't doing so hot in games 1-4 in those series, which is what people remember

YO THIS IS A PRAISE LOWRY THREAD Not a told-you-so thread

LOWRY SHOWED ME SOMETHING TONIGHT

GIVE HIM THE MAX

Return to Toronto Raptors