ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: DeDelon DeWrightZan

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,249

Re: PG: DeDelon DeWrightZan 

Post#361 » by pingpongrac » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:44 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:8-0 when he scores 40 lol.

Read on Twitter

6-0 this year and 3 of those games have come post-ASB.
AreBe
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,472

Post#362 » by AreBe » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:46 pm

mrdressup wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:What happens in Cavs continue to coast and drop to 2nd? Do we tank for 4th?

Do you really want Milwaukee in the first round? Go for third. We can probably throw the last game and send the to Cavs first if we play it right.

Exactly --- rest a still recovering Lowry, rest many of our players - turn the game into a practice etc. Send Cavs to first so they can deal with the Bulls or the Heat for us.
Holy Moses! Take a look! Flesh decayed in every nook! Some rare bits of brain lie here, Mortal loads of beef and beer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanda_McKittrick_Ros
___Rand___
General Manager
And1: 9,749

Post#363 » by ___Rand___ » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:51 pm

OAKLEY_2 wrote:
___Rand___ wrote:
bon wrote:Man Delon was outstanding defensively today. I don't think Dragic scored on him at all

Delon has been good in certain match ups. his length bothered Dragic. He's useless against quicker smaller PGs. When he can't match up to the speed of the guy he's guarding, he shrank smaller than a mice on the floor. He needs to seriously IMPROVE his game this summer. work that jumpshot. shoot it a 1000 times a day everyday. otherwise he's another wasted 1st round pick.

That's one way to spin it. How about Cory Joseph, better against smaller guards, needs to not get violated by Russell?

Cory has his weaknesses. Have you seen Isiah run rings around Lowry? but seriously, are you trying to say delon is better than cory. lol
T_saurus
Junior
And1: 395

Re: RE: Re: PG: DeDelon DeWrightZan 

Post#364 » by T_saurus » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:14 pm

ruckus wrote:Found this on Reddit. Seems appropriate for our trash team:

https://streamable.com/gv6mk

Loved this, whatever it is..
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,767

Post#365 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:21 pm

Also, DeMar is the first Raptor since Vince to have back-to-back 40 pt games.
dhackett1565
Sixth Man
And1: 1,678
Location: Pessimist central, wondering how I got here, unable to find my way out.

Post#366 » by dhackett1565 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:45 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:We're winning. That's all we should be worried about. Raptors isn't just 1 player btw. Since his 25/12 game against the pelicans. In 8 games JV averaging 9pts 9 rebounds. Production not there

This really is kind of irrelevant, but his production has been fine.

He's only averaged 23 MPG in the past 8 games. On the season, of all the players who average 24 MPG or fewer, the most rebounds per game anyone has is 8.8. So considering the minutes, can't complain about that rebounding production. As for points - of those players who average 24 MPG or fewer on the year, JV would rank 25th with his 9.1 points per game. Of course, he only gets 7.4 FGA's per game to score with - fewer than every player above him except 2, and has a higher FG% in that time than all but 5 of the players above him in points, not to mention the highest FG% on the team in those 8 games.

His defence is why he's sitting (and other times, just for no reason, but when there is a good reason it's his defence), not his production. That 9 points, 9 rebounds line tells you a lot more adjusted for minutes - per 36, he's averaged 14 and 14 on 53% shooting with 1.8 blocks. Again, production fine, it's not why he's sitting. The team has struggled with some of his lineups out there (lineup choice being an entire other conversation), for reasons both attributable to JV and not, so they aren't being used as much.
Alfred re: Coach Mitchell - "My doctor botched my surgury and sewed my hand to my head, but I can't really comment on that, because I'm not a doctor, and thus he is above my criticism."
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#367 » by RaptorsLife » Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:55 pm

dhackett1565 wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:We're winning. That's all we should be worried about. Raptors isn't just 1 player btw. Since his 25/12 game against the pelicans. In 8 games JV averaging 9pts 9 rebounds. Production not there

This really is kind of irrelevant, but his production has been fine.

He's only averaged 23 MPG in the past 8 games. On the season, of all the players who average 24 MPG or fewer, the most rebounds per game anyone has is 8.8. So considering the minutes, can't complain about that rebounding production. As for points - of those players who average 24 MPG or fewer on the year, JV would rank 25th with his 9.1 points per game. Of course, he only gets 7.4 FGA's per game to score with - fewer than every player above him except 2, and has a higher FG% in that time than all but 5 of the players above him in points, not to mention the highest FG% on the team in those 8 games.

His defence is why he's sitting (and other times, just for no reason, but when there is a good reason it's his defence), not his production. That 9 points, 9 rebounds line tells you a lot more adjusted for minutes - per 36, he's averaged 14 and 14 on 53% shooting with 1.8 blocks. Again, production fine, it's not why he's sitting. The team has struggled with some of his lineups out there (lineup choice being an entire other conversation), for reasons both attributable to JV and not, so they aren't being used as much.

Yeah i mean the pelicans game was percived as a break game for him but he really didn't break through the wall he's in.

Whiteside and Robin lopaz should have been a great matchup for him but he was completely irrelevant in both games. Look lost on defense. We got a top 3 defense since all star break

JV mins before all star break 27 mins

JV mins after all star break 23 mins.

Ibaka and tucker. Also not coniencdence that our defense got better with less mins for jv
Raptors til death
Turbo_Zone
Veteran
And1: 13,042

Post#368 » by Turbo_Zone » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:01 pm

Patman wrote:
Turbo_Zone wrote:Image

Read on Twitter

More like Toronto TRAP-tors, amirite???

I'll see myself out.

ALL DAY BABY!!!! TRAPTORS!!!!! hahaha

Toronto Raptors - Best Team Ever Forever
MasaiLegs
Junior
And1: 362

Post#369 » by MasaiLegs » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:17 pm

Ipsofact0 wrote:
MasaiLegs wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:I still don't know why demar gets so much hate on here. Oh And believe me it's only on here. I hardly meet people in the real world that dislike demar. Without him where would we be right now ?

Tonight's not the night to **** on Derozan... but there are plenty of people outside of this board who don't rate Derozan's game. Travel south of the border. There's a reason ESPN ranked him in the 40's (mind you even I think he's way better than that). A lot of people don't like his game outside of Raptor fans and that's coming from somebody who has lots of friends in the US and watch basketball religiously.

He did have a great game tonight, looked like Kobe. But don't get it twisted, it's not just us on RealGM who don't particularly like his game.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

they ranked derozan 40 because he plays for Canada. It's that simple. If you think it's anything other than that, well you fell for it.

and YES it is only on realgm where people hate on a elite talent, i wouldn't be proud of it either.

Elite? Derozan's scoring is elite. But he is not an elite player. Again, I said his 40 ranking was wrong too... BUT he does have his flaws. Elite players, true max players are in small company... are your expectations of an elite player that low that defense doesn't count for anything? Court vision? Decision making? Clutch factor?

Don't get me wrong him and Lowry are the engines to this team. He's an AMAZING scorer, one of the best in the world. We'd be **** without him. But he doesn't excel in anything but scoring. Kahwi, Lebron etc are elite players... Derozan is not in that tier.

To say the ONLY reason why Derozan was ranked so low because he plays for a team in Canada speaks to either your Canadian inferiority complex or your overrating of Derozan. It's one of the reasons, but not the only one.
DonMega
General Manager
And1: 8,689

Post#370 » by DonMega » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:21 pm

Can't believe how terrible JV was in this game. Whiteside completely demolished him, actually even when whiteside wasn't in JV demolished himself. That's really un-JV like, usually whiteside has problems with him.
Ipsofact0
Senior
And1: 529

Post#371 » by Ipsofact0 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:29 pm

TackyRapsFan wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
TackyRapsFan wrote:
I tried explaining that in the game thread, and the rebuttal was basically, "hey, this **** is working right now who cares weeee!"

So.

In the game thread you pretty much blamed him for scoring too much compared to the rest of the team. Not for taking too many shots, just scoring too much. And now you're still trying to make it sound like you had a valid point. Pathetic.

The thread is still there, there's no need for the lies.

My gripe was that DeRozan shooting 8/12 wasn't sustainable and after shooting so well, he's not going to look to pass the ball, and he'll continue to heave - even if the shot selection was poor. I think DeRozan ended the night with, maybe, three assists.

I'm asking for ball movement. Actively seek to get his team-mates going. We've seen this hero style in the Play-offs for three years running. And every series has ended in shameful defeat (to lower seed, in the first round) or the narrowest of victories (to lower seed, less talented teams).

If you think DeRozan can regularly shoot 65% from the field, with the post-season looming, then I've got some magic beans for trade.

The TEAM needs to improve, needs to get into rhythm before the post season, or face another first round bombing. Now, that's pathetic.

(and your posts are crap, too.)

lol this **** is so pathetic, DD haters literally have no points anymore.
Ipsofact0
Senior

Post#372 » by Ipsofact0 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:44 pm

MasaiLegs wrote:
Ipsofact0 wrote:
MasaiLegs wrote:

Tonight's not the night to **** on Derozan... but there are plenty of people outside of this board who don't rate Derozan's game. Travel south of the border. There's a reason ESPN ranked him in the 40's (mind you even I think he's way better than that). A lot of people don't like his game outside of Raptor fans and that's coming from somebody who has lots of friends in the US and watch basketball religiously.

He did have a great game tonight, looked like Kobe. But don't get it twisted, it's not just us on RealGM who don't particularly like his game.

they ranked derozan 40 because he plays for Canada. It's that simple. If you think it's anything other than that, well you fell for it.

and YES it is only on realgm where people hate on a elite talent, i wouldn't be proud of it either.

Elite? Derozan's scoring is elite. But he is not an elite player. Again, I said his 40 ranking was wrong too... BUT he does have his flaws. Elite players, true max players are in small company... are your expectations of an elite player that low that defense doesn't count for anything? Court vision? Decision making? Clutch factor?

Don't get me wrong him and Lowry are the engines to this team. He's an AMAZING scorer, one of the best in the world. We'd be **** without him. But he doesn't excel in anything but scoring. Kahwi, Lebron etc are elite players... Derozan is not in that tier.

To say the ONLY reason why Derozan was ranked so low because he plays for a team in Canada speaks to either your Canadian inferiority complex or your overrating of Derozan. It's one of the reasons, but not the only one.

sure thing bud
MasaiLegs
Junior

Post#373 » by MasaiLegs » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:51 pm

Ipsofact0 wrote:
MasaiLegs wrote:
Ipsofact0 wrote:they ranked derozan 40 because he plays for Canada. It's that simple. If you think it's anything other than that, well you fell for it.

sure thing bud

Are you saying Demar has elite court vision? Decision making? Clutch factor? If so we have nothing more to discuss.
Ipsofact0
Senior

Post#374 » by Ipsofact0 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:58 pm

MasaiLegs wrote:
Ipsofact0 wrote:
MasaiLegs wrote:

sure thing bud

Are you saying Demar has elite court vision? Decision making? Clutch factor? If so we have nothing more to discuss.

I thought that was clear from the "sure thing bud" DD haters always raise the bar whenever he passes it. That's just how it is.

Derozan is a elite player, i don't give a flying **** what you think.
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,249

Post#375 » by pingpongrac » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:08 pm

MasaiLegs wrote:
Ipsofact0 wrote:
MasaiLegs wrote:

Clutch? DeRozan is 13th in points at 3.4 PTS and is shooting 47.2% in clutch situations - which is better than his season average as a whole. The only players in the top 25 in clutch PPG that have a better FG% than him (and at least 1 FGA and 10 such games) are Thomas, McCollum, Walker and LeBron.

Notables:

Westbrook: 5.9 PTS, 43.0 FG%
Butler: 4.3 PTS, 44.0 FG%
Lillard: 4.3 PTS, 35.8 FG%
Curry: 4.0 PTS, 42.6 FG%
Cousins: 3.8 PTS, 40.8 FG%
Leonard: 3.8 PTS, 42.4 FG%
Harden: 3.8 PTS, 36.4 FG%
Davis: 3.7 PTS, 41.7 FG%
George: 3.6 PTS, 45.5 FG%
Wall: 3.4 PTS, 41.6 FG%
Irving: 3.4 PTS, 40.6 FG%
MasaiLegs
Junior

Post#376 » by MasaiLegs » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:18 pm

pingpongrac wrote:
MasaiLegs wrote:
Ipsofact0 wrote:they ranked derozan 40 because he plays for Canada. It's that simple. If you think it's anything other than that, well you fell for it.

Clutch? DeRozan is 13th in points at 3.4 PTS and is shooting 47.2% in clutch situations - which is better than his season average as a whole. The only players in the top 25 in clutch PPG that have a better FG% than him (and at least 1 FGA and 10 such games) are Thomas, McCollum, Walker and LeBron.

Notables:

Fair enough, I'll concede clutch factor even though I'd like to know the definition of 'clutch' for those stats. So are you saying Derozan is an elite player? Elite defense? Elite court vision? Elite decision maker? Are you saying he belongs in the same tier as Lebron or Kahwi?
Concernedcad
Starter
And1: 5,894

Post#377 » by Concernedcad » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:18 pm

Ipsofact0 wrote:
MasaiLegs wrote:
Ipsofact0 wrote:sure thing bud

I thought that was clear from the "sure thing bud" DD haters always raise the bar whenever he passes it. That's just how it is.

After the Bulls game it was he took too many shots. Couldn't use that again so it's ball movement now. I suspect things will change once JV gets traded.
MasaiLegs
Junior

Post#378 » by MasaiLegs » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:20 pm

Ipsofact0 wrote:
MasaiLegs wrote:
Ipsofact0 wrote:sure thing bud

Done.
Ipsofact0
Senior

Post#379 » by Ipsofact0 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:23 pm

MasaiLegs wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:
MasaiLegs wrote:

Notables:

Fair enough, I'll concede clutch factor even though I'd like to know the definition of 'clutch' for those stats. So are you saying Derozan is an elite player? Elite defense? Elite court vision? Elite decision maker? Are you saying he belongs in the same tier as Lebron or Kahwi?

Sweetheart NO ONE is on the same tier as Lebron first and foremost. Second you "conceding" clutchness so quickly means your arguments are shallow in the first place. Third can you please name the player that possess all these "elite talents" you speak about? Perfect defense, perfect offense, perfect floor general, perfect decision making LOL

plz..stop it
Kurtz
RealGM
And1: 15,710

Post#380 » by Kurtz » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:36 pm

MasaiLegs wrote:Fair enough, I'll concede clutch factor even though I'd like to know the definition of 'clutch' for those stats. So are you saying Derozan is an elite player? Elite defense? Elite court vision? Elite decision maker? Are you saying he belongs in the same tier as Lebron or Kahwi?

Your definition of "elite" may be out of line with what most folks think is elite.

No, he doesn't have Lebron's or Kawhi's all-around game...but you don't need to, to be considered elite. And you don't need to check all of those boxes either. Curry and Harden are MVP-type players, and the former barely plays any defense, and the latter plays no defense at all.

Derozan has become an elite player in this league. Is he mvp-quality? Surely not. Is he a Lebron/Leonard? Nope. But he's in the next, elite tier.

Return to Toronto Raptors