ImageImageImageImageImage

Jerry Stackhouse - D League COY

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

CoachJReturns
RealGM
And1: 10,535

Re: Jerry Stackhouse - D League COY 

Post#41 » by CoachJReturns » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:55 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:How much will we regret it if we don't make Stackhouse the head coach?

It's impossible to say bro. Every coach's success ultimately depends on the caliber of players they coach, so it may not be a drastic difference, but then again if he is quicker to make adjustments in playoff games that could be the difference between winning and losing a series at some point. Casey has been good for this franchise, but if it's going to get any better I think a coaching change may be necessary.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,718

Post#42 » by BoyzNTheHood » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:09 pm

CoachJReturns wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:How much will we regret it if we don't make Stackhouse the head coach?

It's impossible to say bro. Every coach's success ultimately depends on the caliber of players they coach, so it may not be a drastic difference, but then again if he is quicker to make adjustments in playoff games that could be the difference between winning and losing a series at some point. Casey has been good for this franchise, but if it's going to get any better I think a coaching change may be necessary.

I think it will be as regrettable as when we chose Colangelo over Ujiri. Casey understands that this is a business. He's ok'd trading players before, and I think cutting him loose will be much the same. His resume has been solidified for his next job with the consistent improvement our team has seen. But I still believe Stack would be an improvement. I think Stack hurt himself a little with the comments he made about DeMar emptying the clip, but that doesn't seem to be his coaching style. The 905 play beautiful team ball. They're basically the same roster from last season that was horrific under Mermuys, but is in the Finals with Stack. They lost their two best players and didn't skip a beat. That speaks to their team first style of play. Stack looks like a gem of a coach, and if we don't sign him up someone will steal him away this off season.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
Noobslife
Starter
And1: 2,107

Post#43 » by Noobslife » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:50 pm

He deserves it. I hope we can replace Casey with Stackhouse
Pessimists are in a win-win situation. Whatever happens, they are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,718

Post#44 » by BoyzNTheHood » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:35 am

The way the Raptors start playoff games is disgraceful. No one can tell me Casey deserves to keep his job, even if they win this series. He NEVER has them ready to play. Stackhouse needs to be called up.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.

Return to Toronto Raptors