ImageImageImageImageImage

Lineup of Derozan, Lowry, Ibaka, Powell and Carroll Could Very Much Be Our Best Lineup

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Raptorstopfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 651

Lineup of Derozan, Lowry, Ibaka, Powell and Carroll Could Very Much Be Our Best Lineup 

Post#1 » by Raptorstopfan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:26 pm

Lineup of Derozan, Lowry, Ibaka, Powell and Carroll Could Very Much Be Our Best Lineup. What makes this lineup so effective is everyone one on the lineup can shoot. The ball moves faster which allows for seamless ball movement...Bucks couldn't keep up with these guys. With exception of Carroll, they seem to have that explosiveness that can rattle the fans. I love this lineup!
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Re: Lineup of Derozan, Lowry, Ibaka, Powell and Carroll Could Very Much Be Our Best Lineup 

Post#2 » by RaptorsLife » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:29 pm

This lineup won't work against cavs or wizards or warriors. Big SF

If derozan was a 2 way player like Kawhi Leonard or Jimmy butler. 6'7 SF or Powell was 4 inches taller.

For sure would be perfect
Raptors til death
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Re: Lineup of Derozan, Lowry, Ibaka, Powell and Carroll Could Very Much Be Our Best Lineup 

Post#3 » by Basketball_Jones » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:29 pm

Really, I thought Joseph/Lowry/Derozan/ was our best combo. Three guys taking turns pounding the rock while everyone stands around. That's what Casey thought anyways before playing Norm.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Patman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,410

Post#4 » by Patman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:31 pm

Raptorstopfan wrote:Lineup of Derozan, Lowry, Ibaka, Powell and Carroll Could Very Much Be Our Best Lineup. What makes this lineup so effective is everyone one on the lineup can shoot. The ball moves faster which allows for seamless ball movement...Bucks couldn't keep up with these guys. With exception of Carroll, they seem to have that explosiveness that can rattle the fans. I love this lineup!

Powell's shooting is the X-factor. The line-up is night and day different when Powell is hitting his shots vs. when he's not. He's shooting an absurd percentage right now. Let's re-visit when that percentage normalizes (no pun intended).
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#5 » by vini_vidi_vici » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:32 pm

That lineup is a +19.2 in 32 mins. 84.4 DRTG.
iDRTG is terrible. ** Paid for by Pfizer Inc.
MoneyBall
Analyst
And1: 3,198

Post#6 » by MoneyBall » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:34 pm

Patterson used to be in all of our best lineups... he has somewhat faded in the background since the Ibaka/Tucker trades. I guess we won't be the ones to give him 12-15 million next season.
Raptorstopfan
Pro Prospect
And1: 651

Post#7 » by Raptorstopfan » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:34 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:This lineup won't work against cavs or wizards or warriors. Big SF

If derozan was a 2 way player like Kawhi Leonard or Jimmy butler. 6'7 SF or Powell was 4 inches taller.

Powell is a Westbrook kind of player. They may seem average in height...6'3-6'4, but they can elevate and jump just as high as near 7 footers. So I don't see their height as a liability.

Derozan was in fact developing as a two-way player while Lowry was gone, that seemed to have fizzled out. Derozan morphing into a two-way player might be his biggest asset...he will surpass Kawhi since he is a better shooter and finisher at the rim than Kawhi.
dkb33
Starter
And1: 1,006

Post#8 » by dkb33 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:34 pm

Thompson/Love/James would just destroy Ibaka/Carroll/Powell on the glass. I do not think you can roll this line up out against the Cavaliers.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,106

Post#9 » by YogurtProducer » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:35 pm

Patman wrote:
Raptorstopfan wrote:Lineup of Derozan, Lowry, Ibaka, Powell and Carroll Could Very Much Be Our Best Lineup. What makes this lineup so effective is everyone one on the lineup can shoot. The ball moves faster which allows for seamless ball movement...Bucks couldn't keep up with these guys. With exception of Carroll, they seem to have that explosiveness that can rattle the fans. I love this lineup!

Powell's shooting is the X-factor. The line-up is night and day different when Powell is hitting his shots vs. when he's not. He's shooting an absurd percentage right now. Let's re-visit when that percentage normalizes (no pun intended).

Honestly I would love to see Norms shooting splits when playing with Lowry/Deman vs when he is not. I have a feeling we're looking at like 40% vs 20%.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#10 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:35 pm

If the Raps are to contend for a 'ship, I think they need somebody who can be markedly better than Carroll (or Patterson/Tucker if they're in there instead), and then, we'd have our very own lineup of doom.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,106

Post#11 » by YogurtProducer » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:35 pm

Raptorstopfan wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:This lineup won't work against cavs or wizards or warriors. Big SF

Powell is a Westbrook kind of player. They may seem average in height...6'3-6'4, but they can elevate and jump just as high as near 7 footers. So I don't see their height as a liability.

Derozan was in fact developing as a two-way player while Lowry was gone, that seemed to have fizzled out. Derozan morphing into a two-way player might be his biggest asset...he will surpass Kawhi since he is a better shooter and finisher at the rim than Kawhi.

**** stop
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Mikestro
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#12 » by Mikestro » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:41 pm

Against the Cavs you'll def need PJ Tucker in there for D and rebounds.
Totem
Analyst
And1: 3,161

Post#13 » by Totem » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:45 pm

I think this lineup can give warriors a run when they play small. If you take out Carroll for Pat they have no one to hide steph on.
Product of TZ
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,659

Post#14 » by Jadoogar » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:45 pm

Why did Powell drop so far to the second round? he seems like the perfect height for a SG, good wing span, good athlete, decent ball handler. I'm not saying he should be top 10 because he was a poor shooter and old for a rookie, but second round seems awfully low
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Post#15 » by Basketball_Jones » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:46 pm

Raptorstopfan wrote:

He already is better then Kawhi...
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Ipsofact0
Senior
And1: 529

Post#16 » by Ipsofact0 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:46 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Raptorstopfan wrote:

**** stop

Both Butler and Kawhi overrated as **** especially Butler my god.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#17 » by RaptorsLife » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:47 pm

Ipsofact0 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Raptorstopfan wrote:Powell is a Westbrook kind of player. They may seem average in height...6'3-6'4, but they can elevate and jump just as high as near 7 footers. So I don't see their height as a liability.

**** stop

Both Butler and Kawhi overrated as **** especially Butler my god.

Have u seen kawhi playoffs stats? Lol. He has been unbelievable
Raptors til death
dkb33
Starter
And1: 1,006

Post#18 » by dkb33 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:47 pm

Mikestro wrote:Against the Cavs you'll def need PJ Tucker in there for D and rebounds.

It is going to be interesting to see what Casey does if the Raptors do advance. Lowry, DeRozan, Powell, Carroll, Ibaka makes sense against Brogdon, Snell, Middleton, Giannis, Maker but no so much against Irving, Smith, James, Love, Thompson. It will not be popular to send Powell to the bench but Lowry, DeRozan, Tucker, Ibaka, JV seems to make the most sense.
kingr
Head Coach
And1: 2,617

Post#19 » by kingr » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:49 pm

In this series, any lineup that had some 3pt makes looked like a good lineup. Thank you Norm Powell for hitting 3s.
Valanciunuts
Sixth Man
And1: 929

Post#20 » by Valanciunuts » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:50 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:
Raptorstopfan wrote:

He already is better then Kawhi...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to Toronto Raptors