ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: IT'S OVER! RAPS IN 6!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Spicy P
RealGM
And1: 5,859

Re: PG: IT'S OVER! RAPS IN 6! 

Post#581 » by Spicy P » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:52 am

JaysRule15 wrote:Still not sure why Giannis went for the two instead of shooting a three when down 3 and 3.1 seconds to go. We had our small lineup on the floor and everyone was a capable free throw shooter. Plus the Bucks were out of timeouts and would inbound from their basket, making it impossible to get a good shot off. In a situation like that, you take a three no matter what and hope to take it to OT in your home court.

He had Lowry guarding him too so he had a good 1 foot advantage. I was really expecting him to pull up for three.
LJKO
RealGM
And1: 16,356

Post#582 » by LJKO » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:02 am

BucksPackers wrote:
15Years wrote:
BucksPackers wrote:
Keep making excuses for him. All of you call him a super star and he can't make free throws late. And goes for 2 after dribbling for 10 seconds with no time outs left down by three. Keep making excuse for Giannis he made bone head mistakes. Not excusable

It's called inexperience, and not mention playing every single minute you're gonna be gassed.

That's kidds fault he played all those mins. Kidd literally had a lineup of Delly terry brog Henson in the first which lead to being down by 20. Kidd sucks as a coach. He is not smart derrick rose might have a higher IQ. Giannis is good and young but at some point the excuses need to stop. Missing 4 free throws out of 6 in the fourth. No excuse man.

Would take Kidd over our Clown Coach anyday
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#583 » by IggieCC » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:04 am

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,196

Post#584 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:17 am

SalamiNCheez wrote:
JaysRule15 wrote:Still not sure why Giannis went for the two instead of shooting a three when down 3 and 3.1 seconds to go. We had our small lineup on the floor and everyone was a capable free throw shooter. Plus the Bucks were out of timeouts and would inbound from their basket, making it impossible to get a good shot off. In a situation like that, you take a three no matter what and hope to take it to OT in your home court.

He had Lowry guarding him too so he had a good 1 foot advantage. I was really expecting him to pull up for three.

Inxperience. Team facing elimination with 10 sec left and you're down. You're tired and just trying to close the gap. Add in inexperience and the mistake was made. Also, remember he's not a great 3 point shooter and doesn't have confidence in that shot.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
AkelaLoneWolf
RealGM
And1: 12,196

Post#585 » by AkelaLoneWolf » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:19 am

RaptorsLife wrote:Ibaka home and road splits is so drastic

@ home 18, 9, 3, 3 57%

@ road 7pts 7 rebs 1 block 35%

Need him consistent throughout

wouldn't hurt to get him some easy layups and dunks to get his game going.
our role players are going to be critical in the next series.
"We're the middle children of history. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden in Fight Club.
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,485

Post#586 » by Bankai » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:20 am

Ahh the old Raptors mantra... even if the Raptors win, they lose.
har13
Analyst
And1: 1,520

Post#587 » by har13 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:30 am

Greek Bucks fan here, Congratulations guys.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Sorry for my english guys. :(

It’s a magical weed.

GeordieRaptor
Sixth Man
And1: 6,877

Post#588 » by GeordieRaptor » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:33 am

We could of won by 50 and people would still whinge. Anyway 3 days rest then bring on Cleveland
mattkobe1984
Starter
And1: 2,047

Post#589 » by mattkobe1984 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:38 am

Really scratch my head sometimes, why DMC plays bad shot is off Casey overplays him. Today Carrol was decent and JV was also decent could of put them out in the mix while having a 20 point lead.

Also wright was having a decent game as well, but cojo did hit that huge three, if he had miss that boy the series would be in Toronto for game 7

I hope we don't need to go down in the series to make the right adjustment in the cavs series
peralta
Bench Warmer
And1: 894

Post#590 » by peralta » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:00 am

I was so mad at the TV when Bucks were making that run and you can feel the momentum shifting..and Casey still has JV out there who was clearly out matched in speed by the athletic bigs of Bucks who were playing desperate since it was almost 4th and they were still down big...he was pushed around by Monroe as well...whats wrong with his balance? lol. He should've yanked him out of there sooner...and then they forgot to share the ball..DeMar DeFumble made a quick cameo in crucial possessions..I was livid. Glad we pulled it off. Great fight by the Bucks....with the way the Raptors play in post season we were never in a boring series...but its not good for my heart lol
Dante80
Pro Prospect
And1: 842

Post#591 » by Dante80 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:01 am

AkelaLoneWolf wrote:
SalamiNCheez wrote:

Inxperience. Team facing elimination with 10 sec left and you're down. You're tired and just trying to close the gap. Add in inexperience and the mistake was made. Also, remember he's not a great 3 point shooter and doesn't have confidence in that shot.

Pretty much this. The guy gave everything this last match (and his other games in the series were also intense, he always fights till the end). Pressure (his mean FT% in the regular is much, much better), lack of confidence on his shot and inexperience got the best of him. I think that this was a great learning experience for Giannis though, and that it will greatly push him to work this summer on his deficiencies.

I mean, the guy loses one regular match and then goes straight to the gym/practice range for the next 5 hours, uniform and all, trying to re-enact the game and correct his mistakes. This loss will be a great motivator for him. And after Holger Geschwindner is done with him this summer, we might see his shot confidence improve in the next season.

Given his work ethic, physical attributes and character, I think that one day in the future he might even become MVP if he continues progressing.

But that is a story for another, future time. Congrats again for the win, and go kick some Lebron butt! I think the best thing out of this series was Powells coming out party (as well as DD+Ibakas' performance), will love to watch them in the next round.
LJKO
RealGM
And1: 16,356

Post#592 » by LJKO » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:04 am

Geddy wrote:
JaysRule15 wrote:
Clutch Carter wrote:Papa Barney? May I get some pineapple for our pizza?

No little Bucky, you may not.

Clutch bruh, join #TeamPineapple already. They go great with Jamaican patties too.

Keep your dirty pineapple propaganda out of this thread!

It's the Barney Era now get that #TeamPineapple sh@t out of here; Barney Era is 3-0 :nod:. But I gotta give credit to the Bucks for giving us this idea because if it wasn't for that Barney Song introduction and humiliating in Game 3 we wouldn't win 3 Straight without worshiping Barney as our new Mascot. No matter what happen next series the Barney Era next season is going to be frigging fun :nod:
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 119,995

Post#593 » by JaysRule15 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:12 am

peralta wrote:I was so mad at the TV when Bucks were making that run and you can feel the momentum shifting..and Casey still has JV out there who was clearly out matched in speed by the athletic bigs of Bucks who were playing desperate since it was almost 4th and they were still down big...he was pushed around by Monroe as well...whats wrong with his balance? lol. He should've yanked him out of there sooner...and then they forgot to share the ball..DeMar DeFumble made a quick cameo in crucial possessions..I was livid. Glad we pulled it off. Great fight by the Bucks....with the way the Raptors play in post season we were never in a boring series...but its not good for my heart lol

To be fair though, Casey went with his small lineup with 6:30 left and the lead still at 8. That lineup absolutely choked offensively and made some horrible turnovers. What bugged me was that instead of playing our usual game, the guys started watching the scoreboard and tried to kill the clock. We had way too many possessions where we would bring the ball to half court, dribble around for 10-15 seconds and then try for a bad look ISO play with 3 seconds left on the clock. And since we were small, we weren't getting many rebounds at all on either ends of the floor.
peralta
Bench Warmer

Post#594 » by peralta » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:22 am

JaysRule15 wrote:
peralta wrote:I was so mad at the TV when Bucks were making that run and you can feel the momentum shifting..and Casey still has JV out there who was clearly out matched in speed by the athletic bigs of Bucks who were playing desperate since it was almost 4th and they were still down big...he was pushed around by Monroe as well...whats wrong with his balance? lol. He should've yanked him out of there sooner...and then they forgot to share the ball..DeMar DeFumble made a quick cameo in crucial possessions..I was livid. Glad we pulled it off. Great fight by the Bucks....with the way the Raptors play in post season we were never in a boring series...but its not good for my heart lol

To be fair though, Casey went with his small lineup with 6:30 left and the lead still at 8. That lineup absolutely choked offensively and made some horrible turnovers. What bugged me was that instead of playing our usual game, the guys started watching the scoreboard and tried to kill the clock. We had way too many possessions where we would bring the ball to half court, dribble around for 10-15 seconds and then try for a bad look ISO play with 3 seconds left on the clock. And since we were small, we weren't getting many rebounds at all on either ends of the floor.

by that time the momentum has fully swung and Bucks got their confidence back...just glad we learned from last year and didn't see any of the guys lose their composure. you know when the momentum shifts and the crowd is into it...doesnt matter what line up u put out there they r gonna make shots...and starts winning 50/50 balls...and also the whistle of the refs...just glad we kept our composure and weathered the storm.
RaptorHusky
Veteran
And1: 4,876

Post#595 » by RaptorHusky » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:23 am

You should care of ticket holders. They come to an arena for watching fight and intrigue, for getting some adrenaline, which is good for common health. If you don't get heart attack, you feel better and the guys feel like made decent job while working for money you paid for the ticket. Imagine if the game was 20+ after 1st Q and remaining the same through remaining 3 quarters - so boring. :lol:
peralta
Bench Warmer

Post#596 » by peralta » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:29 am

RaptorHusky wrote:

You should care of ticket holders. They come to an arena for watching fight and intrigue, for getting some adrenaline, which is good for common health. If you don't get hearth attack, you feel better and the guys feel like made decent job while working for money tou paid for the ticket. Imagine if the game was 20+ after 1st Q and remaining the same through remaining 3 quarters - so boring. :lol:

EVERYONE HERE WOULD RATHER HAVE THE LEAD ALL THROUGH OUT THE GAME...WE'VE HAD ENOUGH HEARTBREAKS WITH THIS TEAM. i thoroughly enjoy when Raps stomping other teams out especially on the road...nothing boring about it

btw if you like getting heart attacks...you are cheering for the right team lol Raptors will give you plenty
Sakkreth
Starter
And1: 3,391

Post#597 » by Sakkreth » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:05 am

Are you **** kidding me, you blame JV for that run? He wasn't playing for the big majority of that run and when he was, it was not on him whatsoever.
peralta
Bench Warmer

Post#598 » by peralta » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:12 am

Sakkreth wrote:

Are you **** kidding me, you blame JV for that run? He wasn't playing for the big majority of that run and when he was, it was not on him whatsoever.

I wasn't blaming JV but it was clearly time to sub him out of there to weather the storm and what happened when he got out the floor had space again and they can swing the ball around...he was too slow with the 50/50 balls...Bucks getting 2nd chance points. theres a reason he was moved out of the starting line up...Bucks is just a bad match up for him with all the length and quickness. I was actually blaming Casey there if you can read....JV was playing good..but the Bucks made adjustments...the lineup Casey had there was a matchup nightmare and DD had no choice but to go 1 on 1 since they stopped blitzing that much

by the way you said he wasnt there majority of the run...and youre right...i was implying when the momentum was just starting to shift you can feel it..but it was too late when they removed him the momentum swings...hence why he wasnt out there majority of the run and the momentum is on the bucks side now..but the guys kept their composure and won
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#599 » by Clutch Carter » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:14 am

Sakkreth wrote:

Run started before JV came on, continued while he was on for a couple of minutes at the end of the 3rd, and was just as bad, if not worse while JV was on the bench for the entire 4th. I mean we were stuck on 4 points for most of the 4th.

Conclusion: JV's fault!
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

Clementine64
Starter
And1: 2,523

Post#600 » by Clementine64 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:16 am

Thank you Demar Derozan for single handedly winning us this game. My goodness, Demar is a handful. The guy was smashing the ball in everyone's face all game.

Return to Toronto Raptors