ImageImageImageImageImage

Nba refs

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,771

Re: Nba refs 

Post#21 » by Zeno » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:21 am

I actually thought the Raptors were getting favourable calls before the Bucks run. Then they started favouring the Bucks. This crew was very poor. Hopefully they don't make it to the next round.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,726

Post#22 » by BoyzNTheHood » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:22 am

hankscorpioLA wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:
hankscorpioLA wrote:
I'm NOT giving bad refereeing a pass.

I'm saying it's JUST bad refereeing.

And sure...fire the refs...who you gonna replace them with? You seen the next level of officiating?

Like it or not, these are, for the most part, the best refs out there.

Not sure how many people grow up wanting to be a referee. But if they're well compensated I'm sure you could find some talent.

They have.

This is it.

Deal with it.

Typical bad attitude.

You're fine with mediocrity.

I'm not.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
bakafool
RealGM
And1: 4,651

Post#23 » by bakafool » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:25 am

Zeno wrote:I actually thought the Raptors were getting favourable calls before the Bucks run. Then they started favouring the Bucks. This crew was very poor. Hopefully they don't make it to the next round.

Yeah Bucks started getting favorable calls after the Kidd tech
Noooo!!! Not Possible! Not Possible! - Comcast commentator after the shot by Mo Peterson.
hankscorpioLA
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#24 » by hankscorpioLA » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:25 am

BoyzNTheHood wrote:
hankscorpioLA wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:
Not sure how many people grow up wanting to be a referee. But if they're well compensated I'm sure you could find some talent.

They have.

This is it.

Deal with it.

Typical bad attitude.

I'm not.

Dude...Chill....NBA refs have been missing calls since the 50s. We aren't going to solve it tonight or this week.

The more pressing issue...if there is one...is how the game got to a situation where the refs were a factor.
The absurd mystery of the strange forces of existence.
hankscorpioLA
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#25 » by hankscorpioLA » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:26 am

BoyzNTheHood wrote:
hankscorpioLA wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:

They have.

This is it.

Deal with it.

Typical bad attitude.

I'm not.

Dude...Chill....NBA refs have been missing calls since the 50s. We aren't going to solve it tonight or this week.

The more pressing issue...if there is one...is how the game got to a situation where the refs were a factor.

EDIT: The refs didn't give up a 24 point lead.
The absurd mystery of the strange forces of existence.
BoyzNTheHood
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,726

Post#26 » by BoyzNTheHood » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:27 am

hankscorpioLA wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:
hankscorpioLA wrote:
They have.

This is it.

Deal with it.

Typical bad attitude.

I'm not.

That pressing issue can be solved by good officiating, just as much as it can be solved by the Raptors avoiding reverting back into ISO ball.
deeps6x wrote:I guarantee you that (Jaylen) Brown and (Kris) Dunn are drafted OUT of the top 5.
steluta
Freshman
And1: 198

Post#27 » by steluta » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:36 am

hankscorpioLA wrote:I'd say it's more likely they just missed some calls.

Hard to argue corruption when the foul calls were exactly even.

Not sure why it's hard for people to understand that refs are humans and they make mistakes.

:crazy: ... Someone please GIF Terry at the end karate chopping Demar's hands...
One_Day
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#28 » by One_Day » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:37 am

Not sure why it's hard for people to understand that refs are humans and they make mistakes.

Bruh... even?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Noobslife
Starter
And1: 2,107

Post#29 » by Noobslife » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:38 am

To be honest, their calls were heavily favoured towards us in the first half. But outrageous in the 2nd half.
Pessimists are in a win-win situation. Whatever happens, they are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
One_Day
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#30 » by One_Day » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:39 am

BoyzNTheHood wrote:
hankscorpioLA wrote:
BoyzNTheHood wrote:
Typical bad attitude.

I'm not.

That pressing issue can be solved by good officiating, just as much as it can be solved by the Raptors avoiding reverting back into ISO ball.

This.... why underestimate how a terrible call can take the air out of one team and give huge lift to the other. If you watched the game, you saw that happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ciueli
Analyst
And1: 2,284

Post#31 » by ciueli » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:42 am

Kahn_2001 wrote:The amount of crap Gianni's gets away with is mind blasting. He's already one of the best in the league, but I don't even see LeBron get away with that much. He should have fouled out by 3rd, but the refs are blind to everything he does.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

This is my take except I disagree that Giannis is one of the very best in the league. He has no game outside 5 feet from the basket and if he didn't get the insane calls and non-calls he gets from the refs his numbers would be much worse. People keep saying that he'll learn to shoot but he's been in the league 4 years and he hasn't yet. He's a long way away from becoming what LeBron was at his age.
HiMyNameIsTrey
General Manager
And1: 12,648

Post#32 » by HiMyNameIsTrey » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:43 am

NBA really needs to change that replay rule about non call fouls that cause the ball to be last touched by the player. If they see on replay that a foul was missed and caused the TO, they should acknowledge that, don't assign a foul, but allow the team to keep possession.
jbbinbrook
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#33 » by jbbinbrook » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:44 am

Try GOOGLING: Tim Donaghy :noway: & now your right about one thing refs are humans and they do make mistakes..... :lol:
preacher
Sophomore
And1: 234

Post#34 » by preacher » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:45 am

Are the referees employed by the NBA, or is it a third party?
Kahn_2001
Starter
And1: 2,191

Re: RE: Re: Nba refs 

Post#35 » by Kahn_2001 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:31 am

ciueli wrote:
Kahn_2001 wrote:The amount of crap Gianni's gets away with is mind blasting. He's already one of the best in the league, but I don't even see LeBron get away with that much. He should have fouled out by 3rd, but the refs are blind to everything he does.

This is my take except I disagree that Giannis is one of the very best in the league. He has no game outside 5 feet from the basket and if he didn't get the insane calls and non-calls he gets from the refs his numbers would be much worse. People keep saying that he'll learn to shoot but he's been in the league 4 years and he hasn't yet. He's a long way away from becoming what LeBron was at his age.

You can't deny the kids talent, he's a bonafide superstar. I don't know if he'll ever develop a jumper, but if he ever even gets a mid-range shot he will be a multiple MVP winner.

The refs help him out for sure, but the talent is there.

credit: TurboZone
raptor jesus
RealGM
And1: 22,013

Post#36 » by raptor jesus » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:35 am

Some bad calls down the stretch tonight, but NBA officiating is generally as good as it gets. Don't believe me? Try watching NCAA basketball.
Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,785

Post#37 » by Dennis 37 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:44 am

Noobslife wrote:To be honest, their calls were heavily favoured towards us in the first half. But outrageous in the 2nd half.

Refs should be rated by both teams every game. Refs with the highest consistency ratings should get the highest pay. Those with the lowest consistency rating would receive the base amount.

A bad, or missed call, here or there, is perfectly human, but players rely on the refs to demonstrate the standard at which the game will be reffed. Changing the standard during the game is just unprofessional. Refs think they need to even out the calls. No they don't. What they need to do is have the same standard for contact throughout the game. To even out the calls means one has to apply a different standard to each team as teams will not play at the same level of aggressiveness. No two teams are going to have the same number of fouls. The talent level and personalities of the players on each team is different.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
c3luong
Senior
And1: 343

Post#38 » by c3luong » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:12 am

hankscorpioLA wrote:
c3luong wrote:
hankscorpioLA wrote:Hard to argue corruption when the foul calls were exactly even.

That's crazy. They were just shoving our guys every possession (on offense and on defense), where we actually played like an actual nba team.

I dunno what to tell you. I saw lots of fouls not get called on both sides. That's the playoffs.

Show me an obvious call that went in our favor in the last minute of the game.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,373

Post#39 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:35 am

Fam, were you watching the same game as everyone else?

Then they reviewed the play and gave the ball to Milwaukee. :lol:
BHF
Veteran
And1: 2,683

Post#40 » by BHF » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:44 am

You watch soccer and a assistant referee will make a offside call down to a millimeter from a mile away, and you tell me a experienced NBA ref who is supposed to be better than any other ref in basketball cant see a foul or a out of bounce play right in front of his nose. Where there is big money involved there is always going to be bs happening.

Return to Toronto Raptors