ImageImageImageImageImage

Nba refs

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,273

Re: Nba refs 

Post#41 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:45 am

BHF wrote:You watch soccer and a assistant referee will make a offside call down to a millimeter from a mile away, and you tell me a experienced NBA ref who is supposed to be better than any other ref in basketball cant see a foul or a out of bounce play right in front of his nose. Where there is big money involved there is always going to be bs happening.

Soccer refs are crooked as **** too.
BHF
Veteran
And1: 2,683

Post#42 » by BHF » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:47 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
BHF wrote:You watch soccer and a assistant referee will make a offside call down to a millimeter from a mile away, and you tell me a experienced NBA ref who is supposed to be better than any other ref in basketball cant see a foul or a out of bounce play right in front of his nose. Where there is big money involved there is always going to be bs happening.

Soccer refs are crooked as **** too.

yes they are
Robinator
Senior
And1: 754

Post#43 » by Robinator » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:17 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
hankscorpioLA wrote:I'd say it's more likely they just missed some calls.

Hard to argue corruption when the foul calls were exactly even.

Not sure why it's hard for people to understand that refs are humans and they make mistakes.

Fam, were you watching the same game as everyone else?

Then they reviewed the play and gave the ball to Milwaukee. :lol:

Uh they HAVE to give the ball to Milwaukee there. If you want them to call a foul on Terry using the review I don't know what to tell you. Refs can't rewrite the review rules on the spot. The review is to see who the ball went off of

The real problem in that situation, I think, is that refereeing seems to change at the end of tight games. They just seem to allow a lot more physicality
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#44 » by Throwback24 » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:24 pm

Kahn_2001 wrote:The amount of crap Gianni's gets away with is mind blasting. He's already one of the best in the league, but I don't even see LeBron get away with that much. He should have fouled out by 3rd, but the refs are blind to everything he does.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

He's a star player, possibly a superstar. The NBA wants to highlight his life in a documentary, he will be a force to be reckoned with.

If we play them again next year I think we lose tbh.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,053

Post#45 » by carlosey » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:30 pm

NBA molds the game to feature certain guys. Giannis is certainly one of them.

refs also were trying to keep the game close to keep good ratings. that was super obvious last night.
ciueli
Analyst
And1: 2,281

Re: RE: Re: Nba refs 

Post#46 » by ciueli » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:45 pm

Kahn_2001 wrote:
ciueli wrote:
Kahn_2001 wrote:The amount of crap Gianni's gets away with is mind blasting. He's already one of the best in the league, but I don't even see LeBron get away with that much. He should have fouled out by 3rd, but the refs are blind to everything he does.

This is my take except I disagree that Giannis is one of the very best in the league. He has no game outside 5 feet from the basket and if he didn't get the insane calls and non-calls he gets from the refs his numbers would be much worse. People keep saying that he'll learn to shoot but he's been in the league 4 years and he hasn't yet. He's a long way away from becoming what LeBron was at his age.

You can't deny the kids talent, he's a bonafide superstar. I don't know if he'll ever develop a jumper, but if he ever even gets a mid-range shot he will be a multiple MVP winner.

The refs help him out for sure, but the talent is there.

This article does a good job of highlighting some of the weaknesses of his game. I expect him to improve his shooting as his career progresses, but at the moment it's just too easy to contain him. Force him to shoot outside 5 feet from the basket and he's neutralized. Then look at guys like LeBron, Butler, Paul George, Anthony Davis, Kawhi, they force your team into bad choices, the only way to defend them is with a DPOY candidate.
ReggieSlater
Starter
And1: 873

Post#47 » by ReggieSlater » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:54 pm

I hate it when our announcers harp on the refs, because it always gets everyone all riled up. Leo and Rob complained for a good 5 minutes about the refs last night.

Hank is right, the refs aren't crooked, they just make dumb calls sometimes. We ignore it when its in our favor and claim the league is out to get us when its not.
hankscorpioLA
RealGM
And1: 10,007

Post#48 » by hankscorpioLA » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:03 pm

carlosey wrote:NBA molds the game to feature certain guys. Giannis is certainly one of them.

refs also were trying to keep the game close to keep good ratings. that was super obvious last night.

I am sorry but I just don't see it.

The Bucks came back because they increased their intensity and hit their shots and the Raptors stopped hitting theirs and turned the ball over instead.

I am not saying it was a well-officiated game. I just don't see the agenda.

As for the ratings, do you really think the ratings for Bucks-Raptors, played while the first round of the NFL Draft is live, is worth all that?
The absurd mystery of the strange forces of existence.
Too Late Crew
Head Coach
And1: 750

Post#49 » by Too Late Crew » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:45 pm

ReggieSlater wrote:I hate it when our announcers harp on the refs, because it always gets everyone all riled up. Leo and Rob complained for a good 5 minutes about the refs last night.

Hank is right, the refs aren't crooked, they just make dumb calls sometimes. We ignore it when its in our favor and claim the league is out to get us when its not.

I have NBA league pass so can watch the feeds from the announcers on both teams. I every team feels they got jobbed on every call. I thought the Celtics crew were homers but they pale on comparison to the Rockets. You'd think that Harden was being hit with an axe 5 times on every play the way they talk. Then I switched over to the Thunder feed and they complained about how harden gets every call by throwing himself onto the D. Point is the refs may not be great but the idea that the Raps are persecuted is just a homer perspective. Doesn't mean the refs can't be bad let's have some perspective and realize that the refs can't actually favour both teams intentionally
sortpar
Sixth Man
And1: 792

Post#50 » by sortpar » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:00 pm

Dennis 37 wrote:
Noobslife wrote:To be honest, their calls were heavily favoured towards us in the first half. But outrageous in the 2nd half.

Refs should be rated by both teams every game. Refs with the highest consistency ratings should get the highest pay. Those with the lowest consistency rating would receive the base amount.

A bad, or missed call, here or there, is perfectly human, but players rely on the refs to demonstrate the standard at which the game will be reffed. Changing the standard during the game is just unprofessional. Refs think they need to even out the calls. No they don't. What they need to do is have the same standard for contact throughout the game. To even out the calls means one has to apply a different standard to each team as teams will not play at the same level of aggressiveness. No two teams are going to have the same number of fouls. The talent level and personalities of the players on each team is different.

Agree, plus put pressure on the Refs to stop making Superstar calls.
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#51 » by Clutch Carter » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:11 pm

Not sure why it's hard for people to understand that refs are humans and they make mistakes.

From what I remember skimming the gamelog last night the free throws for the 4th quarter were like 18 to 2 in favor of the Bucks if you omit the intentional fouls at the end and the JKidd tech.

So, Bucks only got called for 1 shooting foul and only 1 personal foul for the entire 4th quarter, excluding intentional fouls.

The officiating did a complete 180 late in the game, I think that's worthy of discussion.
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

TerryTate
Analyst
And1: 1,451

Post#52 » by TerryTate » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:22 pm

BoyzNTheHood wrote:

This is the typical weak argument people make to give bad refereeing a pass. They missed calls right in front of their eyes. They were not difficult calls to make. If they were screened, or far away from the play you could defend them, but that is not the case. Take Giannis' clear charge. CLEARLY lowers the shoulder, Tucker CLEARLY in front. If regular people made this many mistakes at their job they'd be out the door.

Raptor Killer aka Tony Brother's saw that Giannis charge....... but called a blocking foul.
It was literally right in front of his face.......
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#53 » by Clutch Carter » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:23 pm

Interesting if you look at DD's free throws you see 9 and you say, that's right about where he should be.

Then you look at the gamelog and 4 of his FT's were intentional fouls late in the game, and 1 was the JKidd tech.

So in reality DD took 24 shots and got 4 free throws.
Giannis took 23 shots and got 13 free throws.

Just interesting when you start breaking it down.
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,932

Post#54 » by ATLTimekeeper » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:27 pm

Clutch Carter wrote:Interesting if you look at DD's free throws you see 9 and you say, that's right about where he should be.

Then you look at the gamelog and 4 of his FT's were intentional fouls late in the game, and 1 was the JKidd tech.

Also went 10/13 on drives. Apparently untouched. Drove 15 times, only got 2 free throws out of them.
OakleyDokely
RealGM
And1: 63,480

Post#55 » by OakleyDokely » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:27 pm

Series stats

FT attempts per game:
Raptors: 24.0
Bucks: 22.8

Fouls called against per game:
Raptors: 21.2
Bucks: 21.3
ReggieSlater
Starter

Post#56 » by ReggieSlater » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:30 pm

Clutch Carter wrote:Interesting if you look at DD's free throws you see 9 and you say, that's right about where he should be.

Yes, but what does this mean? No one is disputing sometimes the refs make mistakes, but I think the few rational people in this thread are saying this has nothing to do with a league wide conspiracy that they're out to get us.
Gold Dragon
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,582

Post#57 » by Gold Dragon » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:43 pm

ReggieSlater wrote:

Yes, but what does this mean? No one is disputing sometimes the refs make mistakes, but I think the few rational people in this thread are saying this has nothing to do with a league wide conspiracy that they're out to get us.

It may not be a league wide conspiracy against the Raptors, but it could be a league wide conspiracy to keep games close and "exciting" for ratings purposes.
TerryTate
Analyst
And1: 1,451

Post#58 » by TerryTate » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:46 pm

ReggieSlater wrote:

Have you watched any of the other series?
Lotta sloppy calling in Bulls/Celtics series.....
Sloppy foul calls made OKC advance vs Spurs last year. Westbrook got away with SOOOO STUPID MANY CALLS in last years playoffs.
A lot of sloppy calls and no techs or suspensions for nut shots made GSW advance vs OKC last year.
If Draymond got suspended vs OKC, I think it would have been a OKC vs Cavs finals last year.
ReggieSlater
Starter

Post#59 » by ReggieSlater » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:46 pm

Gold Dragon wrote:
ReggieSlater wrote:

It may not be a league wide conspiracy against the Raptors, but it could be a league wide conspiracy to keep games close and "exciting" for ratings purposes.

You have a man who was working in the NBA as a ref for 13 years who has been actively trying to ruin their reputation since. This man has zero evidence of such a conspiracy. How exactly would the league communicate these demands to their refs without one of them going to the media? It doesn't make sense.
ReggieSlater
Starter

Post#60 » by ReggieSlater » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:47 pm

TerryTate wrote:
ReggieSlater wrote:

Have you watched any of the other series?
Lotta sloppy calling in Bulls/Celtics series.....
Sloppy foul calls made OKC advance vs Spurs last year. Westbrook got away with SOOOO STUPID MANY CALLS in last years playoffs.
A lot of sloppy calls and no techs or suspensions for nut shots made GSW advance vs OKC last year.
If Draymond got suspended vs OKC, I think it would have been a OKC vs Cavs finals last year.

Yes and the league very well have made a mistake in not suspending Green. That doesn't mean they were favoring one team over another.

Return to Toronto Raptors