ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Phil Jackson Considering Trading Porzingis, Multiple Teams Interested

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

soloxylo
General Manager
And1: 12,204

Re: Woj: Phil Jackson Considering Trading Porzingis, Multiple Teams Interested 

Post#61 » by soloxylo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:18 am

CoachJReturns wrote:If we're not making a play for PG13 to try and win the east, then this is a trade we must make. Offer DeMar and pieces and start the best possible rebuild we could have asked for.
Imagine having Porzingis and drafting one of Doncic, Ayton, Bagley or Barrett....

Imagine having Casey putting him on to his infamous dirty bulk program.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
soloxylo
General Manager
And1: 12,204

Post#62 » by soloxylo » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:21 am

Mack11 wrote:I dont know if Phil's just a bad GM or the Knicks cancerous culture infected him.

Phil is stuck in the dark ages of the NBA. Great players/coaches, basketball minds don't always equate to great executive ones.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,077

Post#63 » by Westside Gunn » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:24 am

This is where you try to get Melo and Porzingis in a package deal. Go all in
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
Drop Shot
RealGM
And1: 91,916

Post#64 » by Drop Shot » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:43 am

I swear to god if the Celtics get Porzingis man.

But then again Ainge likes to hoard his picks so all is good.

S/O to Bruno for the Sig and Avi
GoSu
Rookie
And1: 1,760

Post#65 » by GoSu » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:30 am

PJ just trying to force Carmelo out of the city with this, right? He can't be seriously considering this?
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,188

Post#66 » by Tofubeque » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:53 am

GoSu wrote:PJ just trying to force Carmelo out of the city with this, right? He can't be seriously considering this?

Porzingis hurt his feelings by criticizing Knicks managment and skipping the exit interview. He's seriously that petty. Almost Trumpian, really.
props Turbozone
Hero
RealGM
And1: 53,364

Re: RE: Re: Woj: Phil Jackson Considering Trading Porzingis, Multiple Teams Interested 

Post#67 » by Hero » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:38 am

Asif16 wrote:Val + Poetl + Wright for Porzingis and Noah

Lmao I'm not sure Billy King would make that trade. Gonna need more to get KP.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Re: RE: Re: Woj: Phil Jackson Considering Trading Porzingis, Multiple Teams Interested 

Post#68 » by RaptorsNorth » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:04 am

RaptorXD wrote:
hsb wrote:
Read on Twitter

So, Woj is getting specific.

Wow, if this is true than Celtics can legit get him
yea but does that 3rd pick have the potential to better than him ? If so then you don't make that deal. Does Porzingis make the celtics any better than the Cav's ? Nope! Might as well just keep the 3rd pick and draft what could be a superstar.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,442

Post#69 » by mtcan » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:18 am

RaptorsNorth wrote:
RaptorXD wrote:
hsb wrote:
Read on Twitter

yea but does that 3rd pick have the potential to better than him ? If so then you don't make that deal. Does Porzingis make the celtics any better than the Cav's ? Nope! Might as well just keep the 3rd pick and draft what could be a superstar.

Isiah
Brown
Hayward
KP
Horford

That lineup is solid.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,567

Post#70 » by DreamTeam09 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:25 am

RaptorsNorth wrote:
RaptorXD wrote:
hsb wrote:
Read on Twitter

Umm Porzingas is by far the best player in the draft.

That's like throwing away a 100k lottery ticket because it isn't the million dollars you wanted so might as well keep playing the lottery

In Raptor Ball I Trust
LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Post#71 » by LastNameEver » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:31 am

Phil came in and completely destroyed the optics of this franchise, it was already trash but now its literally in shambles
RaptorsNorth
RealGM

Post#72 » by RaptorsNorth » Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:31 am

DreamTeam09 wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:
RaptorXD wrote:Wow, if this is true than Celtics can legit get him

That's like throwing away a 100k lottery ticket because it isn't the million dollars you wanted so might as well keep playing the lottery
what ? By far ? Where is my kobe gif. Image
Tim Horton
Analyst
And1: 1,233

Post#73 » by Tim Horton » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:05 pm

I have a feeling he's Segundo Pasta. Pass

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
DreamTeam09
RealGM

Post#74 » by DreamTeam09 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:20 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote: yea but does that 3rd pick have the potential to better than him ? If so then you don't make that deal. Does Porzingis make the celtics any better than the Cav's ? Nope! Might as well just keep the 3rd pick and draft what could be a superstar.

Are you somehow disputing that Porzingas is by far the best player in this draft?

In Raptor Ball I Trust
chimpston17
Sixth Man
And1: 644

Post#75 » by chimpston17 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:27 pm

Tofubeque wrote:
GoSu wrote:PJ just trying to force Carmelo out of the city with this, right? He can't be seriously considering this?

Porzingis hurt his feelings by criticizing Knicks managment and skipping the exit interview. He's seriously that petty. Almost Trumpian, really.

He's a fake zen master lol
joshgc
Veteran
And1: 5,457

Post#76 » by joshgc » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:33 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote: yea but does that 3rd pick have the potential to better than him ? If so then you don't make that deal. Does Porzingis make the celtics any better than the Cav's ? Nope! Might as well just keep the 3rd pick and draft what could be a superstar.

Read on Twitter
Saciid11
General Manager
And1: 4,225

Post#77 » by Saciid11 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:46 pm

Sherlock wrote:Just a quick question -- but is KP actually as good as people in this thread think he is?

We're talking about him as though he's a future top-5 player / MVP candidate / championship team cornerstone / first-ballot HOFer. Basically we're saying his trajectory gets him to peak-Dirk level or better.

But how do we know he's not going to be more in the DeRozan/Lowry mould of a very solid star player who's not good enough to be a franchise cornerstone for a true championship contender?

I'm a lot more skeptical about KP than it seems many are. Maybe it's because I haven't seen him play enough. But he doesn't scream championship franchise cornerstone to me. So putting him on the block doesn't seem like the blasphemous idea that many make it sound like it is -- assuming of course that the return is solid.

KP is good player, but he is not superstar .. Lebron, Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Davis ... and I don't see that type of potential ... So ya I can why Phil would sell high while his stock is all time high.
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,570

Post#78 » by dTox » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:55 pm

Saciid11 wrote:
Sherlock wrote:Just a quick question -- but is KP actually as good as people in this thread think he is?

We're talking about him as though he's a future top-5 player / MVP candidate / championship team cornerstone / first-ballot HOFer. Basically we're saying his trajectory gets him to peak-Dirk level or better.

But how do we know he's not going to be more in the DeRozan/Lowry mould of a very solid star player who's not good enough to be a franchise cornerstone for a true championship contender?

I'm a lot more skeptical about KP than it seems many are. Maybe it's because I haven't seen him play enough. But he doesn't scream championship franchise cornerstone to me. So putting him on the block doesn't seem like the blasphemous idea that many make it sound like it is -- assuming of course that the return is solid.

KP is good player, but he is not superstar .. Lebron, Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Davis ... and I don't see that type of potential ... So ya I can why Phil would sell high while his stock is all time high.

food for thought

Last season, Porzingis avg more PPG than Aldridge, more Blks than DeAndre, shot better from 3 than JR Smith, more dunks than Blake. He's 21.
TBZ for the win
RaptorsNorth
RealGM

Post#79 » by RaptorsNorth » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:05 pm

joshgc wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:

Read on Twitter
yet the knicks are trading him for trade pic. When it's all said and done he won't be a better player than markelle fultz. Also I'll still take Jokic over him.
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
DreamTeam09
RealGM

Post#80 » by DreamTeam09 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:09 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:
joshgc wrote:
RaptorsNorth wrote: what ? By far ? Where is my kobe gif. Image

Read on Twitter
yet the knicks are trading him for trade pic. When it's all said and done he won't be a better player than markelle fultz.

They're trading him b/c the knicks are the knicks. The same organization that just gave noah 4yrs 70 lol. I'm a fultz fan, but Porzingas would go ahead of him this year and projects to be way more valuable than him and ultimately will be the better player. What you are saying isn't really adding up. *kobe gif*

Nurkic better than Porzingas??? WTF!!!!!!! Have a great draft day my dude lol

I figured you meant Jokic instead of Nurkic, I like Jokic too tho, still would give the edge to Porzingas tho

In Raptor Ball I Trust

Return to Toronto Raptors