ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Celtics looking to land both Hayward and George

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

MavCarter
RealGM
And1: 30,983

Re: Woj: Celtics looking to land both Hayward and George 

Post#41 » by MavCarter » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:57 pm

Inevitable wrote:Meanwhile we're going to be doubling down on our core who got destroyed by the Cavs after barely squeaking by Milwaukee.

If the bucks beat us 3 games in a row to eliminate us would you be on here right now saying "they barely squeaked by us"? Or does it only work when it pushes your typical "the raptors are the worst franchise ever omgzzzzz" narrative?
#Enjoytheride
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,760

Post#42 » by Lord_Zedd » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:57 pm

At this point, I'd be impressed if Ainge lands Gallinari
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,158

Post#43 » by PhilBlackson » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:58 pm

McGregFan wrote:I love how tankers are in every single thread crying. Should we start crying about all the high lotto top 5 picks that underachieve every year? A 2nd round pick just won rookie of the year with all those superstar propsectzzzz

Remember not to say anything in a few years when PHI stomps us and the rest of East.

Also not the strongest point when last year was considered one of the weakest drafts in years where the #1 pick didn't even play and nearly all the MVP candidates with the exception of the fluke pick of Kawhi were all players in the top 6 of the draft.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,266

Post#44 » by ruckus » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:00 pm

I won't believe it until I see it.
MavCarter
RealGM

Post#45 » by MavCarter » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:00 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:
McGregFan wrote:I love how tankers are in every single thread crying. Should we start crying about all the high lotto top 5 picks that underachieve every year? A 2nd round pick just won rookie of the year with all those superstar propsectzzzz

Remember not to say anything in a few years when PHI stomps us and the rest of East.

Also not the strongest point when last year was considered one of the weakest drafts in years where the #1 pick didn't even play and nearly all the MVP candidates with the exception of the fluke pick of Kawhi were all players in the top 6 of the draft.

Yes i'll be sure to not say anything. Just like someone on here told me in 2013 that the magic would be dominating the league in 4 years. Keep it coming
#Enjoytheride
Lord_Zedd
RealGM
And1: 19,760

Post#46 » by Lord_Zedd » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:01 pm

Inevitable wrote:Meanwhile we're going to be doubling down on our core who got destroyed by the Cavs after barely squeaking by Milwaukee.

I was told that signing Amir Johnson and Vince Carter, their mentorship will help our young players improve and help us against Cleveland

#organicgrowth
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#47 » by hsb » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:04 pm

So if all goes to plan; after one season they'll try to have Horford, IT, PG and Hayward all making max money lol? And no Bradley elite defense to cover up IT?
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
MavCarter
RealGM

Post#48 » by MavCarter » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:04 pm

Before draft- "This is such a strong draft!! So many star players at the top!! So deep!!"

A year later when 90% of the prospects underwhelm- "We all knew this was a weak draft, NEXT years draft is the one!!"

Rinse, Repeat.
#Enjoytheride
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#49 » by Yeezus_ » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:07 pm

Two weeks from now: "Ainge unwilling to trade future firsts for George"
Yeezy SZN approaching
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,735

Post#50 » by Yeezus_ » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:09 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:

Philly has a long way to go. Especially with that teams best players being injury prone. Then you add the fact they have a mediorce GM and Im not sure they end up reaching their potential. We will see in time.
Yeezy SZN approaching
PhilBlackson
RealGM

Post#51 » by PhilBlackson » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:10 pm

McGregFan wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:

Yes i'll be sure to not say anything. Just like someone on here told me in 2013 that the magic would be dominating the league in 4 years. Keep it coming

Yeah because the Magic had even one player that was considered the best player in their draft :roll: lol never mind 3 smh
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
MavCarter
RealGM

Post#52 » by MavCarter » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:17 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:
McGregFan wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:

Yeah because the Magic had even one player that was considered the best player in their draft :roll: lol never mind 3 smh

Orlando had a plethora of young players that were exceeding expectations and everyone was raving about hennigan and the young talent he managed to accumulate after the howard trade. Everyone thought orlando would be at the top of the east by now, this isn't any different than everyone thinking philly will automatically be at the top of the east 3 years from now. Nothing is guaranteed. Tanking isn't guaranteed to accomplish a championship and neither does standing pat and trying to be just competitive. Every championship team has a unique pathway that pushes them over the top. Tankers really need to stop with the in your face "blah blah blah the sky is falling we are the worst franchise in sports" approach in every thread though because its getting **** annoying
#Enjoytheride
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,428

Post#53 » by KrazyP » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:20 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:For everyone talking about usage and IT taking over....

1. Pretty much every time a "Big 3" come together each player realizes they won't get as many touches as they used to and if there were ever some understanding players of that PG and Hayward are quite easy to picture being able to making that adjustment.

2. Keep in mind IT has such heavy 4th usage BECAUSE he has no help and no other teammates that can create for themselves. You might want to believe it wouldn't work but there's no reason why it wouldn't.

I think Isiah Thomas is only userful IF he's a high usage player. If he isn't scoring, he's useless out there and plays horrible D. A team with George and Hayward would need a different type of guard starting at the 1. thomas would be a great 6th man but I dont know if hed accept that role.
PhilBlackson
RealGM

Post#54 » by PhilBlackson » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:23 pm

Yeezus_ wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:

Philly has a long way to go. Especially with that teams best players being injury prone. Then you add the fact they have a mediorce GM and Im not sure they end up reaching their potential. We will see in time.

Agreed they do have a long way to go hence why I said a few years. Also the narrative of being injury prone I think is a bit stretched. It certainly applies to Embiid (and Noel who is GONE) but SImmons had a foot injury for crying out loud lol Michael Jordan had the same thing early on his career and it's not like Ben had a bunch of injuries before. Worst case scenario PHI is moving forward with Ben and Fultz surrounded by Saric, Korkmaz, Bolden, TLC etc and a TON of cap space. Fultz and Simmons will have a similar dynamic to Kyrie/Bron. Ben isn't the same level scorer of course but he is the super quick monster that sucks in the defense with unbelievable passing ability and Fultz is a great iso scorer/secondary ball handler. They at bare minimum project to be as good of a combo as Wall/Beal who are good enough to be top 4....I see no reasons considering Fultz showed A LOT more ball skills than Beal did as a freshman and Ben towering over Wall why they won't be at least at that level but also with no egos either.

They haven't even stepped foot on court together and there's already all this excitement and buzz around them so even if Embiid can never return tell me that there isn't a single young player coming up now that won't think that's an intriguing duo or franchise to join. On the flip side, if somehow Embiid can remain relatively healthy then it's a wrap. It's not an exaggeration but Embiid is actually a generational talent. His defensive impact is staggering, I wish I could remember that article but apparently his prescence on court took PHI from being related near dead last to top 3 in the league just when he's playing never mind the incredible offensive skills from a guy the height of Shaq and not quite as big but not that far off...he's physically bigger than even Hakeem or Robinson were. Those 3 together could make a mockery out of the league's rewarding for tanking.

Throwing out the Magic as a comparible is a joke, they haven't had a single player that was supposed to be as good as Fultz who incredibly is probably the least franchise altering of the 3 and only speaks to the talent of them.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,401

Post#55 » by KL78192020 » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:25 pm

Asif16 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Unless that the Nets and Lakers/Kings pick. That's a **** deal.
PhilBlackson
RealGM

Post#56 » by PhilBlackson » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:32 pm

McGregFan wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
McGregFan wrote:

Orlando had a plethora of young players that were exceeding expectations and everyone was raving about hennigan and the young talent he managed to accumulate after the howard trade. Everyone thought orlando would be at the top of the east by now, this isn't any different than everyone thinking philly will automatically be at the top of the east 3 years from now. Nothing is guaranteed. Tanking isn't guaranteed to accomplish a championship and neither does standing pat and trying to be just competitive. Every championship team has a unique pathway that pushes them over the top. Tankers really need to stop with the in your face "blah blah blah the sky is falling we are the worst franchise in sports" approach in every thread though because its getting **** annoying

I just said it in a previous response but there isn't a SINGLE player that ORL drafted that was regarded to be on the level of Markelle Fultz and funny thing is Fultz is actually the lowest ceiling of their young "Big 3". Comparing ORL to PHI is a joke, simple and plain.

But yes nothing is guaranteed but it's also dependent on having good management. One thing is obvious and that's that ORL hasn't had good management in decades hence Weltman just joining there. Also everyone here seems to think Masai is quite the GM and have an eye for talent, I'd certainly like to see what he can do when he was the first guy to recognize Giannis' potential.

Certainly every team has a unique path to a championship but there are very few exceptions that didn't have the STARTING point by drafting ONE of their core players that ATTRACTED other star players. To say tanking doesn't work (intentional or not) is pure bs. There are very few, in fact I can't even think of a SINGLE team that was just hovering in a top 4 spot that was CAPPED OUT and suddenly became a legit contender by staying the course....so the ratio of teams that tanked (intentional or not) to get a TRUE star player greatly outweighs the number of teams that lingered a level below true contenders and somehow out of nowhere became one.
MavCarter
RealGM

Post#57 » by MavCarter » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:45 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:
McGregFan wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:

I just said it in a previous response but there isn't a SINGLE player that ORL drafted that was regarded to be on the level of Markelle Fultz and funny thing is Fultz is actually the lowest ceiling of their young "Big 3". Comparing ORL to PHI is a joke, simple and plain.

But yes nothing is guaranteed but it's also dependent on having good management. One thing is obvious and that's that ORL hasn't had good management in decades hence Weltman just joining there. Also everyone here seems to think Masai is quite the GM and have an eye for talent, I'd certainly like to see what he can do when he was the first guy to recognize Giannis' potential.

Certainly every team has a unique path to a championship but there are very few exceptions that didn't have the STARTING point by drafting ONE of their core players that ATTRACTED other star players. To say tanking doesn't work (intentional or not) is pure bs. There are very few, in fact I can't even think of a SINGLE team that was just hovering in a top 4 spot that was CAPPED OUT and suddenly became a legit contender by staying the course....so the ratio of teams that tanked (intentional or not) to get a TRUE star player greatly outweighs the number of teams that lingered a level below true contenders and somehow out of nowhere became one.

Do you think tanking automatically means you're going to win the #1 pick? How many high ass lotto picks have the magic had? The magic have been tanking the last 5 years and just like a lot of other teams who tank their luck has been complete ****
#Enjoytheride
MavCarter
RealGM

Post#58 » by MavCarter » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:48 pm

Can you imagine if the celtics were traditionally tanking right now? Tanking an entire year for jaylen brown? Kill me right now
#Enjoytheride
MaxwellSmart
Head Coach
And1: 2,098

Post#59 » by MaxwellSmart » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:53 pm

Asif16 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Crowder aint gonna be happy---gotta go through with the deal to avoid problems now.
ChromeKid
Veteran
And1: 2,380

Post#60 » by ChromeKid » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:55 pm

Talk is cheap I'm calling they stay put, Ainge is too attached to his assets.

Return to Toronto Raptors