ImageImageImageImageImage

Bargnani discussion

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

shapeshifter
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#201 » by shapeshifter » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:57 pm

I didn't follow this board last year but i'm curious as to what the comments were regarding Bargnani, i only remember hearing positive things about the kid on other sites. Was anyone calling him a bust?

I know any criticism of Sam gets greeted with untempered response here, however to not hold Sam's immature mental games, his obvious favoritism, his lack of creativity, his sociopathic behavior and his overall self-righteous tone as part of Bargnani's problems is not looking at the whole problem

Also where is Bosh in the leadership role he said he wanted. How can your self-proclaimed leader give the cold shoulder to your #1 pick? Where has the support been from the team for Andrea? I know i have only seen very little in the way the team relates but from what i've seen it doesn't seem to be a whole lot.

Which kind of makes sense after hearing Brian say Sam is the 'Leader' of this team, and a team will act according to their leader (especially if he/she is the coach)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#202 » by dagger » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:02 am

elmer_yuck wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Is that why Bosh guarded Dwight Howard?

Bargnani, Bosh, Rasho and Hump all guarded him, and on occasion we doubled him.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
The Letter V
Analyst
And1: 11

Post#203 » by The Letter V » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:23 am

elmer_yuck wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Is that why Bosh guarded Dwight Howard?

The main reason for this was because one of them (Bosh/Bargs) had to guard Turkeyglue, and they felt Bargs would do better job of doing it.
The Letter V
Analyst

Post#204 » by The Letter V » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:26 am

Duffman100 wrote:I honestly just don't see the point in sitting here and whining

"we made the wrong pick, he's a bust, he'll never be great, blah blah"

either he will or he won't, at this point, lets just wait and see. Trading him won't get us the difference maker, nobody is going to offer anything amazing for him, so we might as well focus the energy on developing him.

Exactly how I feel. Whether you like it or not, Bargs is here, and we're going to do our best to develop him.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#205 » by Boogie! » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:32 am

CreaM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Lets not look farther than our own team...
Bosh
Rasho
Humps (even though he is not 7 feet, close enough)

Heck...even fat ass shaq dives for looseballs.

Oh yea, Reggie evans.

rasho doesn't dive for balls lol, idk where you got that from... bosh, humps and evans all have athletic fluid movement. bargs isn't flexible. not to mention both humps and evans are significantly shorter than 7 feet. bargnani can move quickly but he's kind of a lumbering clumsy dude, slightly more athletic than rasho. which is why he also can't get off the ground.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Trilogy
RealGM
And1: 3,584

Post#206 » by Trilogy » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:10 am

Drea needs to learn how to shoot...

I'm only half joking, he really isn't consistent in hitting open shots right now, which is what he's out their for. His biggest weapon, isn't there right now. If I'm other teams, I make him show me he can make a couple before I seriously start guarding him.

His shot has been gone for most of the season.
PharoaheMonch
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#207 » by PharoaheMonch » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:15 am

[quote="Trilogy"]Drea needs to learn how to shoot...

I'm only half joking, he really isn't consistent in hitting open shots right now, which is what he's out their for. His biggest weapon, isn't there right now. If I'm other teams, I make him show me he can make a couple before I seriously start guarding him.

His shot has been gone for most of his career.[/quote]

Fixed.
mintsa
Head Coach
And1: 3,745

Post#208 » by mintsa » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:20 am

Andrea has slipped back into the "pick up 2 quick fouls and get very limited minutes for the rest of game" rut again. Hopefully it wont last as long as the first one.
Darrick Martin
Starter
And1: 3

Post#209 » by Darrick Martin » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:20 am

C'mon guys, Bargs won't the battle of the boards tonight. Cheer up.
“On paper, in terms of just pure talent, I would say, yes, this is the best team we’ve had,” - Bryan Colangelo (Sep 29, 2008)
Carnage
Starter
And1: 1

Post#210 » by Carnage » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:22 am

PharoaheMonch wrote:Drea needs to learn how to shoot...

His shot has been gone for most of his career.

Now ain't that the truth
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,413

Post#211 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:25 am

Bargnani is the same as Calderon. Without that jumpshot, he's nothing. At least Calderon is one of the best shooters in the league. Unfortunately, Bargnani is one of the most inconsistent.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
The Letter V
Analyst

Post#212 » by The Letter V » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:34 am

ZOMG drea sucks, he can't shoot. He's not going to improve, cause he sucks. OH no we're doomed foreever! I can't beleive BC had the audacity to draft him. OHHH GOD I hate my life!!!111!
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#213 » by Yosemite Dan » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:38 am

Tha Cynic wrote:Bargnani is the same as Calderon. Without that jumpshot, he's nothing. At least Calderon is one of the best shooters in the league. Unfortunately, Bargnani is one of the most inconsistent.

I really think you need to concentrate and don't let your ADD kick in when you watch Raptor games if you think Jose is "nothing" without that jumpshot but at least you're good for a cheap laugh.
The Letter V
Analyst

Post#214 » by The Letter V » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:42 am

^ Yep stupid comment all-around.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,413

Post#215 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:42 am

Yosemite Dan wrote:I really think you need to concentrate and don't let your ADD kick in when you watch Raptor games if you think Jose is "nothing" without that jumpshot but at least you're good for a cheap laugh.

Without his jumpshot the pick and roll with Bosh wouldn't work, which is the main reason we've been winning games. He's not a very good creator either. I've seen Delfino be more creative when running the point than Calderon. I guess that was aided by my ADD. :nod:
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
JD225
Analyst
And1: 341

Post#216 » by JD225 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:45 am

I'm 100% convinced he will receive limited minutes against the Cavs come playoff time. Overall just a terrible season.
A_wildstabatanything
Lead Assistant
And1: 51

Post#217 » by A_wildstabatanything » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:46 am

What happened to the personal coach BTW?

He strung a couple of good games together and they drop the idea like his struggles never happened???
Illuminati
Banned User

Post#218 » by Illuminati » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:46 am

Why did Bargnani do so bad today?
Shak23
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#219 » by Shak23 » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:00 am

I'm losing faith in him... he sucked tonight, I see a slight improvement defensively but all other aspects are lacking and haven't improved.

Sometimes I think we should just trade him... will he ever become the player we need? We need someone tough, can play D, rebound. He has none of these qualities.

We need someone like Okafor.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#220 » by Yosemite Dan » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:17 am

Tha Cynic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Without his jumpshot the pick and roll with Bosh wouldn't work, which is the main reason we've been winning games. He's not a very good creator either. I've seen Delfino be more creative when running the point than Calderon. I guess that was aided by my ADD. :nod:

Thanx for confirming the fact that you are indeed delusional. With that first sentence you've pretty much written off the careers of John Stockton and Steve Nash in one fell swoop if you think about it. You are starting to talk jibberish, go to bed.

Return to Toronto Raptors