ImageImageImageImageImage

Who would you rather have on the Raps..

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

rim_killa
Pro Prospect
And1: 242

Who would you rather have on the Raps.. 

Post#1 » by rim_killa » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:34 am

Nick Young or JR Smith

I say Nick Young, I think he has more potential
Theta64
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Re: Who would you rather have on the Raps.. 

Post#2 » by Theta64 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:50 am

And how exactly do you propose we acquire either one of them.
This is one of the most important movies you will ever watch. Watch it free at google video.
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#3 » by J Dilla » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:51 am

The same as usual, Kapono. Hump, Joey, 1st.
Hypz
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#4 » by Hypz » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:52 am

JR Smith is as good as Nick Young will ever be. Young is very over-rated by some in my opinion.
EventHorizon
Assistant Coach
And1: 306

Post#5 » by EventHorizon » Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:53 am

Smith is a realistic target, therefore him.
akaFlip
Pro Prospect
And1: 169

Post#6 » by akaFlip » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:35 am

J Dilla wrote:The same as usual, Kapono. Hump, Joey, 1st.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's so true

I'm on the Smith Bandwagon.
tylrrr
Assistant Coach
And1: 29

Post#7 » by tylrrr » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:43 am

Smith.

Young is undersized and really hasn't shown me much yet. But I'd take him if the price was right; not that they'd be willing to part with him given their lack of depth in the backcourt and the likelihood that they're probably about to enter rebuilding mode.
_Mantofini_
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by _Mantofini_ » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:55 am

EventHorizon wrote:Smith is a realistic target, therefore him.

People keep bringing Smith up like they think Denver actually wants to get rid of him. They made it a priority to sign him this summer. His play is what got them into the playoffs last season. Smith is going to be a part of that team's future. Everybody knows about his personality and drive issues as well. Karl looks like he's the same type of hard-headed coach that SMitch is and Smith hasn't really reponded to that.

Kleiza is likely more obtainable because they have been putting off signing him to a deal so far. People claim that Denver is just waiting to make a deal that would get them under the cap before resigning Kleiza.

I'm not sure Carter is up for grabs either. He's a great defender and has been their most stable point guard until Billups. The dynamic they have now with Carter coming in when Billups is out works really well. He brings a stability to the 2nd unit. Plus, I've seen them sub Carter in and out with J.R. Smith for offense/defense on each posession.
_Mantofini_
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by _Mantofini_ » Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:58 am

tylrrr wrote:Smith.

Young is undersized and really hasn't shown me much yet. But I'd take him if the price was right; not that they'd be willing to part with him given their lack of depth in the backcourt and the likelihood that they're probably about to enter rebuilding mode.

The way the Billups trade is shaping up, they may put off the rebuild for a little while. If they make it past the 1st round, I could see their GM go back into the tax if he can fill the holes and make the team a contender.

The Melo/Iverson experiment was failing and I can understand why they would be ready to start rebuilding. However, with Nene coming into his own, Melo learning to play team ball and the success they're currently having, it seems the window may have started to re-open.
tylrrr
Assistant Coach

Post#10 » by tylrrr » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:20 am

I meant the Wizards were [almost] in rebuilding mode.
_Mantofini_
Pro Prospect

Post#11 » by _Mantofini_ » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:36 am

tylrrr wrote:I meant the Wizards were [almost] in rebuilding mode.

Ahhh. That makes more sense. Seriously, what were they thinking with that Arenas deal? It crippled the franchise with a guy who has been borderline crippled for the past 2 years. The most hilarious part about the whole thing is that they have these big signs above the seats behind the basket that call those seats the "Gil Zone." Gil hasn't been around for a while. You think they'd change it to "Butler-ville" or something in the meantime.
tylrrr
Assistant Coach

Post#12 » by tylrrr » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:44 am

Arenas is essentially making max money to write his blog and pay for his ugly suits.
_Mantofini_
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by _Mantofini_ » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:48 am

tylrrr wrote:Arenas is essentially making max money to write his blog and pay for his ugly suits.

I know. It's the greatest job ever. He doesn't even have to show up to the games cause he doesn't "want to be a distraction to the team." If I'm the GM of Washington, I'm giving him two towels and having him wave them around at every game for his paycheques. Hasan Adams does it for 700k. The least Gil could do is wave some towels at 15mil a year or whatever he's getting.

Also, he should be handing out Gatorage at halftime and high-fiving dudes as they come off the floor.
TheRaptorTruth
Senior
And1: 183

Post#14 » by TheRaptorTruth » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:55 pm

JR Smith easier to get
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#15 » by Gold Chain » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:13 pm

JR Smith is my choice.

This guy can go off, I have yet to see Young do that.

Young is a okay player, but JR can win you games.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#16 » by Alfred » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:27 pm

_Mantofini_ wrote:
tylrrr wrote:Arenas is essentially making max money to write his blog and pay for his ugly suits.

I know. It's the greatest job ever. He doesn't even have to show up to the games cause he doesn't "want to be a distraction to the team." If I'm the GM of Washington, I'm giving him two towels and having him wave them around at every game for his paycheques. Hasan Adams does it for 700k. The least Gil could do is wave some towels at 15mil a year or whatever he's getting.

Also, he should be handing out Gatorage at halftime and high-fiving dudes as they come off the floor.

:lol:

Return to Toronto Raptors