ImageImageImageImageImage

Colangelo's possible coaching plan?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Joga_Bonito
Analyst
And1: 6

Re: Colangelo's possible coaching plan? 

Post#21 » by Joga_Bonito » Wed Dec 3, 2008 6:51 am

the traveller wrote:
Joga_Bonito wrote:
the traveller wrote:I don't understand what the holdup is. Why isn't Smitch gone yet? It's painfully clear to everyone except BC. Smitch's stink is starting to rub off on BC.

Don't get me wrong, I respect what BC has done in the past, but right now, he's just being stubborn. Fire Smitch!!!!!!!

Didnt you read my post? I explained why BC may be waiting a while before he fires Smitch..

I read it, I just disagree with you. I think he should be fired ASAP. Tonight.

After the post-game interview.

Haha well i'm just trying to get in the head of BC as to why he hasn't fired him yet so I came up with that idea of firing him to use him as a scape goat if everything goes wrong this season so that BC doesn't look too bad.

If he fires him now, and hire a coach and the team still does bad, it will make BC look bad and i'm sure he wants to look good.
rise of raptors
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#22 » by rise of raptors » Wed Dec 3, 2008 8:08 am

I'm not buying into the conspiracy theory: making the Smitch as a scapegoat to look better.

The Suns has had some up and down years under BC's watch. They would miss the playoffs for a variety of reasons and BC never hesitated to make big moves. He brought in a rookie coach the same off season he signed his big FA (Nash).

I think he's just seeking approval from MLSE.
SkywalkerAC
RealGM
And1: 4,665

Post#23 » by SkywalkerAC » Wed Dec 3, 2008 8:26 am

still too early. at least keep Sam around to take the brunt of the losses to come.

i still believe this is a sink or swim situation. let Sam go for it and if he and his team are not up to it, cut him loose and let the team sink or swim on its own.

team swims, we make playoffs and compete in the first round, under Sam or an interim coach.

team sinks, we get a lotto pick, which is what we're starting to look like we desperately need.

patience. when we do get a new coaching staff, we should put them in a position to succeed.

honestly, the best thing for this team might be to miss the playoffs.
Morena R
Analyst
And1: 1
Location: Born in Santo Dominigo,Dominican Rep, But I Go To School In Toronto

Post#24 » by Morena R » Wed Dec 3, 2008 1:52 pm

SkywalkerAC wrote:still too early. at least keep Sam around to take the brunt of the losses to come.

i still believe this is a sink or swim situation. let Sam go for it and if he and his team are not up to it, cut him loose and let the team sink or swim on its own.

team swims, we make playoffs and compete in the first round, under Sam or an interim coach.

team sinks, we get a lotto pick, which is what we're starting to look like we desperately need.

patience. when we do get a new coaching staff, we should put them in a position to succeed.

honestly, the best thing for this team might be to miss the playoffs.

How the **** is to early i'm sick and tired of people defending this douche of a coach, he's shown weakness since late last season he shuld have been fired already no excuses he clearly has lost respect from his players
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,154

Post#25 » by djsunyc » Wed Dec 3, 2008 2:25 pm

for the first time in a while, the raptors have expectations. colangelo was allowed to take on salary with jermaine and the team now expects to advance in the playoffs. with expectations, pressure increases.

gm's get the players. if it doesn't work out, then the guy that's the first to go is the coach. that's the business. no gm is going to say it's my fault without exploring another voice to lead *his* players.

with that said, what are the viable alternatives? there's none out there except possibly flip saunders. and i wouldn't fire smitch for a rookie coach b/c that is a step back in a season they expectated to take a step forward. mavs got lucky with avery after nelson, but he was being groomed for a while and that didn't even last long. i think smitch sticks around for a bit (unless this spins out of control).
joeyt618
Rookie
And1: 569

Post#26 » by joeyt618 » Wed Dec 3, 2008 3:00 pm

I guess what the OP is trying to say is that Sam will be used as a scapegoat, and is better off being fired later on in the season if the team conintues to struggle. If BC fires Sam now, and the team continues to lose for the entire season, the heat will go towards BC. Whereas, if Colanglo waits, all eyes will be on Sam for his inability to coach a team full of good players, rather than BC's inability to assemble a good team.

For us hardcore fans, I don't think any of this will manipulate us. However, for the casual fans and the general public who abide by what the media portrays, this tactic will work.

Return to Toronto Raptors