ImageImageImageImageImage

Bosh has the least help in the NBA

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

jonny three time
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,246

Re: Bosh has the least help in the NBA 

Post#21 » by jonny three time » Wed Dec 3, 2008 7:33 am

Bosh doesn't have much help. But its not like we have a lot of depth either that is expected to be real strong players. JO and Kapono are the only bad contracts on the team, but when one of them is a 21 mil player who plays like he's worth 1/3 of that then its going to hurt your team. BIGTIME

Show me the contending team that has a 21 mil waste on their roster..........BC made a gamble on JO and it didn't work out. When you put all your eggs in one basket, its always a risk.
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#22 » by Volcano » Wed Dec 3, 2008 11:28 am

Miami seems to rely a lot on jumpshooting...from what I've seen. Then they have Wade who's amazing at getting to the basket. He would make our team better if he replaced Bosh (mainly because he fills in a huge weakness)

Calderon's good as a role player, but he's no star. Most of his assists come from other people making shots and the reason his turnovers are low is because he rarely makes a great play.

Kapono was never that good to begin with and should be used as the 8-10th guy off the bench. I wouldn't give him over 10 minutes/game.

Bargnani's still developing...doesn't have good help D as a big man (neither does Bosh) and relies mostly on jumpers and the occasional drive on offense. His post game still needs work.

Joey's D sucks, his driving is only good if he actually drives..which means he needs to catch his man off guard...and usually it's just a straight line to the basket.

JO isn't healthy yet..but I wouldn't rely on him offensively. I'll take him on D though.

Jamario's effort isn't consistent and, like Joey, he can't stay in front of quick players and he can't drive.

If AP's guarding the best player every night, he should stick to more of a Bruce Bowen role, where he just defends, sticks open 3's and gets the occasional mid range shot off screens. Anything else just goes away from his strengths and is a waste of energy.

We're also a poor rebounding team. Bosh isn't exactly the best at boxing out his man either or taking up space in the paint
Guy Smiley
RealGM
And1: 491

Post#23 » by Guy Smiley » Wed Dec 3, 2008 11:50 am

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#24 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Wed Dec 3, 2008 12:36 pm

lets say that Bosh also benefits from our offensive system, in which he's almost solely featured. Lets say Bosh is the one last year that came out and said we had to sign José, after it seemed like he and TJ hadn't talked all year after being best buds the year before. If Bosh wasn't making crazy jumpers at a high clip, which he probably can't keep up, than I would say he was chucking. No matter how good you are offensively, he's been a complete sieve on D lately. But hey best of luck with the MVP.

How great of a year would it be for Toronto to have aMVP and a lottery pick, talk about win win, eh?

Nené pwned him with on one good nut. He's supposed to be the leader of this team, why are we making excuses for him, shouldn't he be coming out and owning up to all of it, his fault or not. If he wans player to sacrifice for his MVP campaign, he's got to take the lumps.

Imagine how it must make JO feel to come into a tandem where you say your going to sacrifice to get wins, only to have you partner claim his goal it to be MVP. which he's doing on the back of yours and others selflessness, and if he's get nothing left in the tank for D, he don't care, he's outscoring his man. I like CB a lot I just wish he'd get over trying to get in Wade, Lebron "too cool 4 u" crowd and focused on helping this team win games.
RandomRaptorfan
Veteran
And1: 2,404

Post#25 » by RandomRaptorfan » Wed Dec 3, 2008 12:52 pm

TheRaptor! wrote:Yea, no help at all.

Highest assist to TO ratio PG
#1 3pt shooter
#1 pick
Jermaine O'neal
High flyer moon
Consistent guard who plays D and can drain the 3.

One of the best 3pt shooting team last year.

LOL, is that some kind of sick joke?
Tommy Gun
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#26 » by Tommy Gun » Wed Dec 3, 2008 12:52 pm

He's got IL MAGO, the high flyer jamario Moon, and AP.
LMAO
08HEMI
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#27 » by 08HEMI » Wed Dec 3, 2008 1:01 pm

No mater how bad you think the coach is, no matter how bad you think the players around him are there is no excuse for the atitude Bosh has been showing as of late. Im extremely disappointed in the defence he has played the last two games and him basically going through the motions.
Strategist1
Head Coach
And1: 413

Post#28 » by Strategist1 » Wed Dec 3, 2008 2:17 pm

Bosh' defence is soft the last couple of games. He can easily draw charges but he never does. He sorta always sidesteps the guy cutting to the basket. It really doesn't look like he's putting the effort on defence and rebounding. He's playing like a star SF rather than a dominating PF who takes care of scoring, rebounding, and defence. Bosh should be a 2nd option so he concentrate on rebounding and defence but we just don't have the wing right now.
Prediction
Spurs in 7. Parker MVP. Lebron 6-17fg, 18pt, 8reb, 5 asst in game 7 LOSS.
The Heat will choke!
boshjonesford
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#29 » by boshjonesford » Wed Dec 3, 2008 3:00 pm

RandomRaptorfan wrote:
TheRaptor! wrote:Yea, no help at all.

Highest assist to TO ratio PG
#1 3pt shooter
#1 pick
Jermaine O'neal
High flyer moon
Consistent guard who plays D and can drain the 3.

One of the best 3pt shooting team last year.

LOL, is that some kind of sick joke?

or in other words

worst defensive point guard
pylon
scores less then 12 ppg
injured and in efficient scoring center
High flyer moon that only jumps when he is taking a ridicules jumper
consistently bad guard who is shotting 41% from the field.
gamer4Life
General Manager
And1: 1,077

Post#30 » by gamer4Life » Wed Dec 3, 2008 3:09 pm

Guy Smiley wrote:Image

Vince Carter part two. No wonder Vince wanted out so badly.
MerK
Senior
And1: 1

Post#31 » by MerK » Wed Dec 3, 2008 4:10 pm

Ill wrote:wade has a rooke point guard and a 6'8 guy playing centre, and a sulking marion who is the equivalent of jo at his best

/end thread

you Av is hilarious. I just watched it three times in a row.
Sig by Rare!!
CreaM
Banned User
And1: 1,163

Post#32 » by CreaM » Wed Dec 3, 2008 4:52 pm

Strategist1 wrote:Bosh' defence is soft the last couple of games. He can easily draw charges but he never does. He sorta always sidesteps the guy cutting to the basket. It really doesn't look like he's putting the effort on defence and rebounding. He's playing like a star SF rather than a dominating PF who takes care of scoring, rebounding, and defence. Bosh should be a 2nd option so he concentrate on rebounding and defence but we just don't have the wing right now.

Nice knee jerk reactionary post there.
sepandb
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#33 » by sepandb » Wed Dec 3, 2008 5:27 pm

I don't understand how ppl can even be debating that Bosh has the LEAST help in the NBA? Our team has above average talent no question. Jose is a great pg, just hasn't really been the same since the injury. I never saw anybody complain before he got injured that he sucks. He was probably the best pg in the east then. JO's shot has been off, yes, but he brings defense Bosh dreams he could bring. Plus he's 1000x tougher than Bosh. Bargnani is an up-and-coming star as you can see. When he plays, he plays well. He's not a star right now, but he is far from a bust. A bust shows no promise. An up-and-comer shows star material inconsistently, which is what Andrea is doing. Give him time.

Granted the rest of our roster is pretty thin but nonetheless, that's 3 very good, solid players other than Bosh so I dunno how you can say he has the least help in the NBA. The problem with Bosh is that he ONLY brings scoring. He doesn't pass out of double teams very often and plays little to no defence. I think our record is reflective of our star. Until Bosh is more than just a scoring machine, we won't be nothing better than what we are until he improves, or is moved.

Return to Toronto Raptors