ImageImageImageImageImage

Chris Broussard: Raptors Are a Sixth Seed in East

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

JD3
Freshman
And1: 1

Chris Broussard: Raptors Are a Sixth Seed in East 

Post#1 » by JD3 » Wed Dec 3, 2008 8:04 am

Toronto is more than a .500 team, but it's not the conference contender many thought it was. There will be improvement, but the Raptors are still a sixth seed. When Jermaine O'Neal returns, they're going to unleash a Tri-Towers lineup featuring Chris Bosh and the once-again-promising Andrea Bargnani at the forwards. It'll work well enough to keep them ahead of Philly.

Rest assured ATLiens, the Hawks are for real. Their recent struggles have much to do with the absence of Josh Smith, who'll return Wednesday from an ankle injury. Arguably the league's best shot blocker, he'll bolster the Hawks on both ends of the floor and enable them to snatch the fifth seed, their highest in 10 years.

I think his prediction is accurate. With the way this team is playing right now, the highest seed we could attain would probably be fourth, but this is not likely. However, I do not agree with his prediction that the Hawks will finish above us. I think we are clearly a better team than the hawks, and they will occupy either the 7th or 8th seed come playoff time.
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,559

Re: Chris Broussard: Raptors Are a Sixth Seed in East 

Post#2 » by s e n s i » Wed Dec 3, 2008 8:07 am

I'll take it and run.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
SkywalkerAC
RealGM
And1: 4,665

Re: Chris Broussard: Raptors Are a Sixth Seed in East 

Post#3 » by SkywalkerAC » Wed Dec 3, 2008 9:56 am

4th, 5th, or 6th and we match up well enough to have a reasonable shot. We're in for a dog fight to land one of those positions though. We need BOB to click.

Return to Toronto Raptors