ImageImageImageImageImage

Could Triano Lure Nash?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Re: Could Triano Lure Nash? 

Post#21 » by Cassius » Fri Dec 5, 2008 9:36 pm

I think in three years he'll be a Raptor, assuming his deal is up next season. He'll probably extend for another year and then come over to backup, mentor and play alongside Jose the same way Kevin Johnson did for Jason Kidd back in the day.

I'm not saying we want them playing together, but if Phoenix gets bounced in the first round again and Amare keeps insinuating that he feels no need to be loyal, you can bet Steve will be out of Arizona real quick.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
jbraptor
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by jbraptor » Fri Dec 5, 2008 10:38 pm

i'll take him for the Vet min., +plus throw in Maxy! "Welcome to TORONTO BABYYYYYYY!"
alex_nba42
Sophomore
And1: 10

Post#23 » by alex_nba42 » Fri Dec 5, 2008 10:58 pm

if we could bring in Nash, y dont we bring in Amare as well LOL. I think it's workable
rdtx2005
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#24 » by rdtx2005 » Fri Dec 5, 2008 11:05 pm

why the hell do we need Nash?
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#25 » by J-Roc » Fri Dec 5, 2008 11:08 pm

This is a dangerous things the Leaves suffered from. In hockey, it was GTA born players coming back to the Leaves only after they were washed up. Sure it would be cool for Nash to be a Rap, but not as the main man at PG. And definitely not at any big cost or long term contract.
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#26 » by Hendrix » Fri Dec 5, 2008 11:14 pm

Won't be able to happen till atleast 2010.

If he can still play a bit then it would be great to have him here as a backup.

If he's still playing better then Calderon, then we could trade Calderon to fill other needs, with no drop of at PG.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
COY0607
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,815

Post#27 » by COY0607 » Sat Dec 6, 2008 1:19 am

no way the suns are going to trade nash.......they just wont get enough value for him........and in 2010 calderon is still going to have 3 years left on his contract, and nash will probably be more interester in going to the knicks to play with lebron and amare and win a chamionship there, because he is not going to win one in the desert.
ShaqSlamsU
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#28 » by ShaqSlamsU » Sat Dec 6, 2008 2:10 am

i could care less about Nash, his age will catchup with him soon enough.
yk24
Sixth Man
And1: 346

Post#29 » by yk24 » Sat Dec 6, 2008 2:12 am

KingAmmar wrote:Really? You want Nash at this stage? His productivity has already gone downhill from where he was a few years ago, and hes not getting any better, healthier, or younger.

AAAAAH FK IT. Lets trade Bosh for Nash!

Could you please stop typing in Italics...

oh and btw...UOIT FTW!
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#30 » by sule » Sat Dec 6, 2008 2:14 am

i think he signs for a couple million for two or three years as the perfect backup for this team...maybe he can teach Calderon about how to pass before the other teams defense has a chance to setup, take a break, have a snack, and get back into position.
travesy3
Sophomore

Post#31 » by travesy3 » Sat Dec 6, 2008 2:17 am

Nash has already expressed interest in ending his career in Canada(Toronto). It'd be a nice idea in 2010 to sign him relatively cheap, however I am unsure how much he'd really have left in the tank by that time.
Natural11
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#32 » by Natural11 » Sat Dec 6, 2008 2:21 am

boshprincess wrote:Why would he leave a competitve suns team for the raptors not to be rude

PHO have been playing terrible lately. Don't let their winning record fool you. They aren't a happy team right now.

I'm a huge Nash fan, but we already have a good (young) PG. I don't think Jose will want to go back to the bench at this point, and he's too small to play the 2. I don't see the sense in giving up Jose for a year or two of Nash playing really well.

For those saying Steve's #'s have dropped, it's because of Porter's "system". His % are right where they should be. Tough to get assists when the bench is screaming at you to walk it up court and dump it into Shaq so he can get hacked and miss FT's.
B_Unit
Sophomore

Post#33 » by B_Unit » Sat Dec 6, 2008 2:36 am

I can't believe that there are people on this board who think adding steve nash to this roster would be anything but great for the raptors.

nash is a two time MVP as recent as two years ago. just last season he put up identical numbers to his MVP years, with a slight drop in scoring. oh, and PS, he played 81 games last year.. more than his MVP seasons.

you add veteran leadership like nash when you want to win a championship. its going to have to happen. ray allen has been in the league as long as nash, and adding him helped the celts win it all last year. we're going to need to add some vets if we want to take it to the next level. adding a guy like nash and a decent swingman would be the kind of moves that could put us over the top. i'd sign nash for as long a contract as he thought he could handle, knowing that whenever he finishes being effective he'll be a coach and backup.
Valard
Sixth Man
And1: 2,902

Post#34 » by Valard » Sat Dec 6, 2008 3:17 am

I sure hope not. The last thing we need is another pg who doesnt play defense.

Return to Toronto Raptors