ImageImageImageImageImage

Score is talking nonsense again

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Re: Score is talking nonsense again 

Post#21 » by 99 Problems » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:20 am

If they threw in an uprotected pick I would be all over that.. Chances are they get a top 3 pick this year and probably top 5 the year after..

Mayo, Griffin, and John Wall sound like a good trio to build around..
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#22 » by timdunkit » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:20 am

rapzfan4lyfe wrote:i bet you half of the stuff they get is from fans from realgm. impatient bandwagon jumpers who have nothing to do but always make stupid comments like trade bosh trade jo. i didn't hear any of these jerks when we were 3-0 ? and our media has to be one of the worst at creating comotion and doubt in players minds. let them play and you be patient. i'm a fan, of course im mad but i don't whine on about trading a franchise player. and come on be reasonable, joey ap even moon i understand but bosh jo jose and bargz should be untouchable.

Toronto is considered small NBA city; however, the city in itself is pretty huge considering we are the biggest and most popular city in Canada and our media is like the son of the media of NY ...
durka
Starter
And1: 1,031

Post#23 » by durka » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:20 am

rapzfan4lyfe wrote:i bet you half of the stuff they get is from fans from realgm. impatient bandwagon jumpers who have nothing to do but always make stupid comments like trade bosh trade jo. i didn't hear any of these jerks when we were 3-0 ? and our media has to be one of the worst at creating comotion and doubt in players minds. let them play and you be patient. i'm a fan, of course im mad but i don't whine on about trading a franchise player. and come on be reasonable, joey ap even moon i understand but bosh jo jose and bargz should be untouchable.

how exactly do you expect to fix this mess? keeping the team the way it is is pretty much just tanking. Not that I support THIS trade (unless their picks are unprotected and we get Gasol also), but we have to trade one or two of those 4 if we want to be anything more then a treadmill team for the next two years like we have been the past 2.
alberta_rapsfan
Junior
And1: 0

Post#24 » by alberta_rapsfan » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:22 am

To clarify where did you hear this. First of all it is not even possible and makes no sense what so ever for MEM trade gasol for future then trade future for bosh? That being said i wish it were true if gasol and conley were included.
Superboy316KING
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#25 » by Superboy316KING » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:23 am

A_wildstabatanything wrote:I wish that were true.

so do i
Deeboy66
Sophomore
And1: 17

Post#26 » by Deeboy66 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:25 am

wow is this true, can someone verify what was said on the score? :-?
rapzfan4lyfe
Junior

Post#27 » by rapzfan4lyfe » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:25 am

durka wrote:

how exactly do you expect to fix this mess? keeping the team the way it is is pretty much just tanking. Not that I support THIS trade (unless their picks are unprotected and we get Gasol also), but we have to trade one or two of those 4 if we want to be anything more then a treadmill team for the next two years like we have been the past 2.

all i'm saying is that why cause a fuss towards players who have done so much for us so far? i do think we need more of a solid wing but at what cost? jo, bosh? i think not. i'd rather keep them then trade either. with jo and jay tri our interior defence has been solid. we kept duncan under 20pts last game? he demolishes every time. i think we have a good team, our bench could be improved and more consistent wing players.
alberta_rapsfan
Junior
And1: 0

Post#28 » by alberta_rapsfan » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:25 am

Warya wrote:If they threw in an uprotected pick I would be all over that.. Chances are they get a top 3 pick this year and probably top 5 the year after..

I say top 5 and late lotto. But add our top 10 and late lotto that we would have and we got some young talent moving forward.
NH
Veteran

Post#29 » by NH » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:26 am

If the Raptors decide to go on tank mode, then yeah this is an alright deal. Mayo is going to be a stud. I would actually do Bosh, Parker, and Moon for Gay, Mayo, and 1 first rounder (go big or go home lol).
vancityballer
Rookie
And1: 153

Post#30 » by vancityballer » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:27 am

Gabriel Moronis really doesn't know what he is talking about.... This is a nice sounding deal....but has no legs to stand on. No salary match, no chance...but still throw in Gasol and I jump at it. Though I still am pro-Bosh and would love to see him turn the good ship Raptors around.
The more posts of yours I read, the dumber I get
Trax416
Bench Warmer

Post#31 » by Trax416 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:27 am

timdunkit wrote:

Toronto is considered small NBA city; however, the city in itself is pretty huge considering we are the biggest and most popular city in Canada and our media is like the son of the media of NY ...

Actually, we aren't considered a small market anymore. We are one of the top 10 most valuable franchises in the NBA, and have only been around since 1995. We are also 8th in the league in attendance, and have been top 10 in attendance for years. The only reason we are not higher, is because we have a smaller stadium then the teams ahead of us.

Toronto is now considered a fairly large market. The "Mega City" is also the third largest city in North America, behind only LA and New York. That is another thing to consider. Remember, when people talk about "Toronto" in terms of business, they still mean only the downtown-ish area. Not places like Etobicoke etc.. that are all part of Toronto now. We have 5,500,000 citizens living in the city and an estimated 2 million non-citizens/those who did not file taxes or take the census on top of that. Bringing the population to around 7.5 million.

To put it in perspective, Toronto is growing faster now then New York city is.

All it will take is Toronto to win a championship, or compete for one for a few years and the Raptors will be **** gigantic.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#32 » by sh00n » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:30 am

Warya wrote:If they threw in an uprotected pick I would be all over that.. Chances are they get a top 3 pick this year and probably top 5 the year after..

Yeah, that looks really solid going forward. Mayo can play back up to Jose, too. So you're constantly dangerous at PG that way.

Griffin is the next coming of Karl Malone.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
durka
Starter
And1: 1,031

Post#33 » by durka » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:30 am

rapzfan4lyfe wrote:
durka wrote:

all i'm saying is that why cause a fuss towards players who have done so much for us so far? i do think we need more of a solid wing but at what cost? jo, bosh? i think not. i'd rather keep them then trade either. with jo and jay tri our interior defence has been solid. we kept duncan under 20pts last game? he demolishes every time. i think we have a good team, our bench could be improved and more consistent wing players.

Well if our team was any good, we'd be better then 10-17 would we not? What have these players, other then Bosh, done for us? I don't really care if the opposing star scores 82 points on us, I just want a W. It seems like you're content with this mediocrety. The only untouchable on this team should be our 09 pick. We have absolutly no depth or good wing players, so the only way to get any of that is to trade away the peices we have like JO who has more value then just his play, because if you looked at this guy objectivley you'd see that he's a pretty good defender, a black hole on offence and rediculously injury prone while eating up 20+ mill
Deeboy66
Sophomore
And1: 17

Post#34 » by Deeboy66 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:31 am

Can someone plz clarify what the newswire is?
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#35 » by timdunkit » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:32 am

Trax416 wrote:
timdunkit wrote:

Actually, we aren't considered a small market anymore. We are one of the top 10 most valuable franchises in the NBA, and have only been around since 1995. We are also 8th in the league in attendance, and have been top 10 in attendance for years. The only reason we are not higher, is because we have a smaller stadium then the teams ahead of us.

Toronto is now considered a fairly large market. The "Mega City" is also the third largest city in North America, behind only LA and New York. That is another thing to consider. Remember, when people talk about "Toronto" in terms of business, they still mean only the downtown-ish area. Not places like Etobicoke etc.. that are all part of Toronto now. We have 5,500,000 citizens living in the city and an estimated 2 million non-citizens/those who did not file taxes or take the census on top of that. Bringing the population to around 7.5 million.

To put it in perspective, Toronto is growing faster now then New York city is.

All it will take is Toronto to win a championship, or compete for one for a few years and the Raptors will be **** gigantic.

Sorry, I was more looking at the perspective of the American media when I said Toronto was a small NBA city ... One of the problem is that Toronto is hockey first ....
h00pst1r
Starter

Post#36 » by h00pst1r » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:32 am

If this were true, I'd actually be for it...

Play Bargs at his natural position and now we have a legit and up-and-coming, athletic SG. PG spot is locked up long term with Jose or Roko (I think he will be better than Jose, especially on the defensive end). Draft a good sf and a C and were set.

Jose/Roko
OJ/AP (re-signed)
1st Rounder/Kapono or JG
AB/Hump
JO/Nate/other 1st round pick.

I like...still have youth and some serious scoring threats...and maybe finally a player that can take over games and come thru in the clutch.
yk24 wrote:Moon bit on CBs pump fake.
Kc17
Lead Assistant
And1: 36

Post#37 » by Kc17 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:33 am

It was nothing, it was on TxtTV during Drive This..just something a fan wrote in.
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#38 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:34 am

itbobby007 wrote:Salary wise it doesn't comply to the CBA. OP, wtf are you talking about?

Memphis is the only team under the cap. they can probably make this trade. Raptors would get Trade exception for the difference in salary - IF IT HAPPENS, that is.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
EventHorizon
Assistant Coach
And1: 306

Post#39 » by EventHorizon » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:34 am

If this happened I would punch someone in the face.

BC should unload that bum Andrea and expirings first.
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#40 » by 99 Problems » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:35 am

Trax416 wrote:
timdunkit wrote:

Toronto is now considered a fairly large market. The "Mega City" is also the third largest city in North America, behind only LA and New York.

Not true.. If you are talking about population in the metro area we are 5th.. Its Mexico city, New York, LA, Chicago, and Toronto..

Return to Toronto Raptors