ImageImageImageImageImage

Jawai

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

yk24
Sixth Man
And1: 346

Re: Jawai 

Post#21 » by yk24 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:58 am

I really want to see this guy in a game before the end of the season.

But it's highly unlikely that we will now that we've got Voskuhl for the rest of the season and there is already a log jam at that spot.
Flashy_Lights
Rookie
And1: 389

Re: Jawai 

Post#22 » by Flashy_Lights » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:10 am

The D League is NOT a good option for this guy. I agree with Hendrix and Ozzy that Bigs are ignored in the D league which is basically a run and Gun league where guards dominate the ball and perimiter jumpers are the norm.

I would also argue that the D league is never a good option for any raptor or 75% of guys who a team has a vested intrest in, in general.

The league is great for guys who went undrafted and are trying to attain that next level and is a great tool to evaluate such players. However I am of the thinking that a player can learn much more from your own teams coaching staff, studying your system and practicing with your players.

Outside of the Lakers(L.A. D-Fenders), Spurs(Austin Toros), and the Thunder(Tulsa 66ers) who all own D league franchises players are playing an entirely different system when moving down to the D league. Also you are playing and practicing much less frequently and I would specualte that although a lot of guys would become hungrier and more determined to succeed and "make it" I can see it being a lot more relaxed enviorment where players can take nights off and quite possibly develop poor habits.

Some Times Playing isn't always the solution.
Props to ®ated

Return to Toronto Raptors