ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Well fought but we lost to the better team

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

SciencePiggy
Analyst
And1: 1,968

Re: PG: Well fought but we lost to the better team 

Post#241 » by SciencePiggy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:43 pm

RapsGirl wrote:these **** will engulf you the next time you lose at the ACC. leave dude. at least the next fanbase will already know that you've never been a power player/banger in your life.

You don't have to be a power player/banger in order to swing the ball around, that is swing your elbows around, when the defender is pressed up in front of you.
Cheers to Turbo_Zone
chrome381
Starter
And1: 0

Post#242 » by chrome381 » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:59 pm

Elj4y wrote:Boston has been sucking major ass. Their bench lacks...bad. Trust me, with the way they're playing, they're headed for an early playoff exit. I'll bet money that next year, they won't be nearly the same team they are now, ESPECIALLY if they lose in the playoffs.

yea if we got that close to beating them imagine what the lakers will do to them
SciencePiggy
Analyst

Post#243 » by SciencePiggy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:01 pm

W.I.C wrote:...Lets see, in OT on an early possession Bosh (Triano?) decides to use Solomon not as your typical help defender...but as THE player to double-team KG in the post. You can even hear Bosh (or someone from the bench) scream "Will-Will" as in come over and help me guard KG, then pierce hits an open shot.

How can he also be expected to also cover whoever ends up being open?

Yes, he did carry the ball on one possession, his only turnover the game...but why not point out Bargnani's charge/turnover in OT? Or Bosh's glass hands because of his lack of focus...

4:14 - Soloman's carry
3:11 - Pierce's wide open shot because Soloman is doubling KG
2:54 - Soloman tries to dump the ball into Bosh with 2 defenders drapped on him. Turnover
2:45 - Rondo schools Soloman, gets the layup

Let's assume that you're right about that second play. I personally didn't hear anything over the broadcast but it's not an unreasonable suggestion. KG's following steal should have been Will's turnover (glass hands or no he didn't have a shot at receiving that pass clean) and he immediately followed it up with a defensive effort that made Calderon look good.

I'm not arguing the choice to have Soloman start OT because it does look like Roko gasses himself out (conditioning combined with his style of play?) I'm just saying that its hard to argue that Will didn't choke in OT.

Edit: I releaize I didn't counter the main point of your post. I hate early mornings, where's my coffee!?
Cheers to Turbo_Zone
RapsGirl
Assistant Coach

Post#244 » by RapsGirl » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:41 pm

EvilMonkey wrote:
RapsGirl wrote:these **** will engulf you the next time you lose at the ACC. leave dude. at least the next fanbase will already know that you've never been a power player/banger in your life.

You don't have to be a power player/banger in order to swing the ball around, that is swing your elbows around, when the defender is pressed up in front of you.

Bosh would've been called for a tech. guarantee it.
Garnett is ref-protected.
Local_NG_Idiot
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#245 » by Local_NG_Idiot » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:48 pm

RapsGirl wrote:
EvilMonkey wrote:

Bosh would've been called for a tech. guarantee it.
Garnett is ref-protected.

It's worth the tech to let him know if he gets up on you and keeps both hands on you to keep you in front of him he's going to get a jaw full of elbow.

BTW, this game was once again lost on the boards. Celts had 13 offensive rebounds, Powe 4, Davis 3, Garnett 3. That's 10 from their front court....that's a lot of second chance points when you're shooting 48% from the field.
SciencePiggy
Analyst

Post#246 » by SciencePiggy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:01 pm

Local_NG_Idiot wrote:It's worth the tech to let him know if he gets up on you and keeps both hands on you to keep you in front of him he's going to get a jaw full of elbow.

It shouldn't be a foul let alone a tech but I agree with this. Even if he does get teched up its worth it and may even get the rest of the team pumped up.
Cheers to Turbo_Zone
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#247 » by 6_Rings » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:07 pm

my 2 cents

ur defense was atrocious, especially Bosh, who looked tentative in the last minutes before overtime and throughout overtime. and don't get me started on the turnovers.
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
RapsGirl
Assistant Coach

Post#248 » by RapsGirl » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:33 pm

Local_NG_Idiot wrote:
It's worth the tech to let him know if he gets up on you and keeps both hands on you to keep you in front of him he's going to get a jaw full of elbow.

BTW, this game was once again lost on the boards. Celts had 13 offensive rebounds, Powe 4, Davis 3, Garnett 3. That's 10 from their front court....that's a lot of second chance points when you're shooting 48% from the field.

mind you, Bosh already had one tech. i don't think it would've been worth him getting his 2nd just so we could bitch about him getting thrown out.....with no other offensive option (at PF) to sub him with.
SciencePiggy
Analyst

Post#249 » by SciencePiggy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:58 pm

RapsGirl wrote:
Local_NG_Idiot wrote:

mind you, Bosh already had one tech. i don't think it would've been worth him getting his 2nd just so we could bitch about him getting thrown out.....with no other offensive option (at PF) to sub him with.

Touche good err madam? I completely forgot that Bosh had already picked up a tech. Although I still stand by the "swing the boes" strategy. You can't play the game at full tilt on both ends if you're worried about picking up fouls.
Cheers to Turbo_Zone
Local_NG_Idiot
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#250 » by Local_NG_Idiot » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:09 pm

RapsGirl wrote:
Local_NG_Idiot wrote:

It's about winning the war and not the battle though. If Bosh comes around with an elbow to clear space and it connects while Garnett has both hands on him (one on each hip, which is a foul) it forces the refs to either make a no-call on the elbow swinging, or throw Bosh out of the game. If they throw Bosh out of this game with a second tech, sure he's out and this game we lose, but it does give the Raps a chance to send tape to the head office and state a case saying:

"Hey, if you allow Garnett to put Both hands on an offensive player to impede forward progress and you aren't going to call a foul, then you have to allow the offensive player a chance to create the necessary space the rules are supposed to allow him in the first place."

It may not make a difference for that game, but it puts a case together for Bosh in future games where the defending teams understand that it's either a foul when they do this, or if they do it, the refs are going to allow Bosh to clear the space himself.

Edit: If Bosh continues to allow defenders to shut him down in this manner and he relies on the refs to blow the whistle, it sets a precidence for teams to attempt at the beginning of games to take Bosh out of the game, knowing he will not clear his own space if the refs don't call the foul them.
RapsGirl
Assistant Coach

Post#251 » by RapsGirl » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:37 pm

Local_NG_Idiot wrote:
RapsGirl wrote:
Local_NG_Idiot wrote:

It's about winning the war and not the battle though. If Bosh comes around with an elbow to clear space and it connects while Garnett has both hands on him (one on each hip, which is a foul) it forces the refs to either make a no-call on the elbow swinging, or throw Bosh out of the game. If they throw Bosh out of this game with a second tech, sure he's out and this game we lose, but it does give the Raps a chance to send tape to the head office and state a case saying:

"Hey, if you allow Garnett to put Both hands on an offensive player to impede forward progress and you aren't going to call a foul, then you have to allow the offensive player a chance to create the necessary space the rules are supposed to allow him in the first place."

It may not make a difference for that game, but it puts a case together for Bosh in future games where the defending teams understand that it's either a foul when they do this, or if they do it, the refs are going to allow Bosh to clear the space himself.

Edit: If Bosh continues to allow defenders to shut him down in this manner and he relies on the refs to blow the whistle, it sets a precidence for teams to attempt at the beginning of games to take Bosh out of the game, knowing he will not clear his own space if the refs don't call the foul them.

the amazing thing is though....they seem willing to call the foul on ANYONE else that gets that physical with Bosh before CB initiates the contact. but it's worth a try next time. i don't think it's in line with CB's personality though. like if he weren't a ball player, i totally think he would be a 6-11" computer geek.

speaking from experience: it's really hard to piss nice guys off. i bet CB doesn't even take KG's antics personally. and maybe that's the problem.
SciencePiggy
Analyst

Post#252 » by SciencePiggy » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:44 pm

RapsGirl wrote:the amazing thing is though....they seem willing to call the foul on ANYONE else that gets that physical with Bosh before CB initiates the contact. but it's worth a try next time. i don't think it's in line with CB's personality though. like if he weren't a ball player, i totally think he would be a 6-11" computer geek.

speaking from experience: it's really hard to piss nice guys off. i bet CB doesn't even take KG's antics personally. and maybe that's the problem.

Not anyone else. Anyone perceived (by the refs) to be out of Bosh's league will probably have the foul called on them...during the regular season. Miki Moore got away with much more physical play on Bosh in the post season than he ever would in a regular game. Welcome to the wacky world of NBA officiating.

By all accounts Jake "the snake" is a nice guy off the court, but when he's in the game you know he's looking to rattle some skulls with the picks he throws. Bosh hasn't shown the ability to make this switch. And as a computer geek myself I'm a little offended that you think that none of us can have an aggressive/physical side :P
Cheers to Turbo_Zone

Return to Toronto Raptors