ImageImageImageImageImage

Humphries: Celtics a classless organization

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Re: Humphries: Celtics a classless organization 

Post#61 » by jman3134 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:22 am

ned wrote:
jman3134 wrote:Ned, that's a bit harsh....do Raps fans really want to have a non-classy team? Or do they want to have a team whose results do the talking?

I personally feel that it was a fairly classless move, although I recognize that it's not unprecedented. Ricky Davis used to go nuts at the end of games. lol.

Yes, my post was harsh. However I wasn't implying that Bosh should strike KG maliciously (I know it sounded that way, cos I'm pissed about the raps softness). Dudes do not get up in the face of players like that cos the offensive player will turn with the ball above their heads, leading with the elbow (I'm sure you know this already). That's the way the game is played, however Bosh didn't do it when KG was in his space and clearly dissing him. Then he hugs KG after the game. Uh, what?

(If Bosh had done this, it wouldn't of even been a foul, and there would be players and fans alike lining up to high five Chris, seeing how KG has turned into a chickenhawk and a classless buffoon the season.)

In a way the raps are a perfect embodiment of Canada: soft and acquiescent.

... it's depressing.

Point taken. I sort of agree with you on that. There's a fine line between aggressive and tough play and classless play.
an_also
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#62 » by an_also » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:29 am

appel wrote:He (Rondo) believe to be a star, but he's nothing

Rondo is better than any pg we have.
appel
Banned User

Post#63 » by appel » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:06 am

an_also wrote:

Jose can be the starter in 20+ team
Rondo? Maybe he can start in 10 team
But i am not sure
crm0922
Junior

Post#64 » by crm0922 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:13 am

I can't believe I'm getting involved with this after I was just saying that this C's/Raps drama is a waste of time, lol.

Anyway, c'mon. Calling Rondo a "scrub" and "nothing" is ridiculous. He's a pass-first guard who is getting more consistent. He's done a great job for the C's so far, end of story.

How come that dunk bothers everyone so much? When I watched the game, I thought it was a little over the top, but really, Rondo just saw Leon there and tossed it up for him. I bet he realized it was a lame move after the fact.

It's not like Doc drew up that play or something.

Life's too short to get worked up by somethig mildly obnoxious done by a couple of 22-24 year old kids.

As far as announcers go, I feel like most local-broadcast announcers I hear are major homers. So basically, if you can't hear your own team's announcers, it pretty much sucks for anyone. After saying that, I do admit Tommy Heinsohn is pretty ridiculous...

C
imgrindin247
Rookie

Post#65 » by imgrindin247 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:36 am

Death Knight wrote:
imgrindin247 wrote:
|llsT oNe wrote:Too bad our role players were the only ones that seemed to have a problem with it. Quite telling really.

We deserved it. In fact, I'm glad it happened.

Bosh thought it wasn't classless. AP felt the same way, and Jay Triano was pissed about it as well.

How did we deserve it? We played our asses off and took the defending champs to OT in their building on a back to back without Calderon and JO.

Bosh did think it was classless. He said it wasn't right, but went on to say that Powe and Rondo are young players and that they need to learn. Then he was asked if he agreed on the reputation around the league that Boston is a cocky bunch, and he said no.

The being young excuse really doesn't fly. These guys have been playing basketball all their lives. Doing that at any level AAU, High School or College is pretty much unacceptable. You're taught at a young age to show good sportsmanship and tnot to tack on points at the end of games when you have the game won.
crm0922
Junior

Post#66 » by crm0922 » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:10 am

Young people are taught all kinds of things and still make bonehead moves.

Seriously, who cares? It was one friggin basket in a game that was very close until the last few seconds.

C
ILOVECARTER
Banned User

Post#67 » by ILOVECARTER » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:28 pm

Can anyone explain why you think its classy to stop trying? to let up? Are you kidding me? If you dont finish off your enemey he can get up and shoot in the back, theres no class in war, class is coming home from war with a win.
draft
Starter
And1: 8

Post#68 » by draft » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:41 pm

Celtics have half the teams in the NBA complaining about their antics. They do this stuff to everybody.
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 351

Post#69 » by Ong_dynasty » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:57 pm

ILOVECARTER wrote:Can anyone explain why you think its classy to stop trying? to let up? Are you kidding me? If you dont finish off your enemey he can get up and shoot in the back, theres no class in war, class is coming home from war with a win.

Lol, are you actually comparing a basketball game to War?!?!Wow..some people do take the NBA just a tad too serious..

Im with most people here...If your ahead and you have the ball with less than 24 sec. and the other team is not fouling...then run out the clock...99% of players do that... Same reason why they have kneel downs in the NFL...

But hey, if its there way of "entertaining" the fans then so be it... All I want is the "leaders" of this organisation to take offense to it (Bosh probably won't).. and try and make em pay next time..

Is it a coincedence that the patriots were accused of stat padding as well last year?!?!hmmm...

Last but not least...For people who are comparing this to Derrick Murray..the difference is when you are behind...your suppose to try and go for it..
dillio
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,069

Post#70 » by dillio » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:58 pm

appel wrote:
an_also wrote:

Jose can be the starter in 20+ team
Rondo? Maybe he can start in 10 team
But i am not sure

Off the top of my head, Jose wouldn't start in:

Dallas (Kidd)
Phoenix (Nash)
Chicago (Rose)
NO (Paul)
Utah (Williams)
Denver (Billups)
Detroit (Iverson/Stuckey)
Boston (Rondo)
Cleveland (Williams)
San Antonio (Parker)
New Jersey (Harris)
Atlanta (Bibby)
Golden State (Ellis)
LA Clippers (Davis)

That's about half the league, and he probably wouldn't start in:
Indiana (Ford)
Lakers (Fisher)
Orlando (Nelson)

That leaves, at MOST, 10 teams Jose would start on (mostly lottery teams like Memphis, Sacramento, New York, etc).

You need to stop making things up. Can you name a single team that Calderon would start on but Rondo wouldn't?
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,579

Post#71 » by Fairview4Life » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:58 pm

ILOVECARTER wrote:Can anyone explain why you think its classy to stop trying? to let up? Are you kidding me? If you dont finish off your enemey he can get up and shoot in the back, theres no class in war, class is coming home from war with a win.

Basketball isn't war.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
ILOVECARTER
Banned User

Post#72 » by ILOVECARTER » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:20 pm

Ong_dynasty wrote:

Lol, are you actually comparing a basketball game to War?!?!Wow..some people do take the NBA just a tad too serious..

Im with most people here...If your ahead and you have the ball with less than 24 sec. and the other team is not fouling...then run out the clock...99% of players do that... Same reason why they have kneel downs in the NFL...

But hey, if its there way of "entertaining" the fans then so be it... All I want is the "leaders" of this organisation to take offense to it (Bosh probably won't).. and try and make em pay next time..

Is it a coincedence that the patriots were accused of stat padding as well last year?!?!hmmm...

Last but not least...For people who are comparing this to Derrick Murray..the difference is when you are behind...your suppose to try and go for it..

Yeah sports are no different from war, war is sport sport is war, its a competition where only 1 winner can come out of it and the loser gets nothing. Hows that hard to understand? Maybe thats the problem with the NBA, its not a war or competition anymore, its a bunch of spoiled millionares hugging and kissing each other. Sport isnt any different from, war, you go out there to win and you do everything you can not to lose, that includes dunking at the last second.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,962

Post#73 » by Cassius » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:27 pm

dillio wrote:

Golden State (Ellis)
LA Clippers (Davis)

Lakers (Fisher)

He'd start next to Ellis and Davis as a pretty perfect complement. He'd definitely start over Fisher because their jobs are almost exactly the same and Fish is just as bad a pick/roll defender. The chemistry with Pau would be marvelous.

Don't get me wrong, Jose's a pansy... but a top 15 "Mr. Calderon" pansy to you.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 351

Post#74 » by Ong_dynasty » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:52 pm

ILOVECARTER wrote:
Ong_dynasty wrote:

Yeah sports are no different from war, war is sport sport is war, its a competition where only 1 winner can come out of it and the loser gets nothing. Hows that hard to understand? Maybe thats the problem with the NBA, its not a war or competition anymore, its a bunch of spoiled millionares hugging and kissing each other. Sport isnt any different from, war, you go out there to win and you do everything you can not to lose, that includes dunking at the last second.

Your comparing the War In Iraq and Life and Death to the NBA..even the old timers who are still nostalgic about the "great Bball" in the 80's wouldn't compare it to war.

Competition does not = War

And just so you know, there are also rules on War...(Well in theory there is!!)..

In theory there are no rules for doing what they did, but its called class...Hence the term "classless"
dillio
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,069

Post#75 » by dillio » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:56 pm

Cassius wrote:
dillio wrote:

Golden State (Ellis)
LA Clippers (Davis)

Lakers (Fisher)

He'd start next to Ellis and Davis as a pretty perfect complement. He'd definitely start over Fisher because their jobs are almost exactly the same and Fish is just as bad a pick/roll defender. The chemistry with Pau would be marvelous.

Don't get me wrong, Jose's a pansy... but a top 15 "Mr. Calderon" pansy to you.

I don't know about starting next to Davis (he's more of a shoot first point, rather than a 2 guard). Ellis for sure (we've seen that experiment work last year and prior), but he wouldn't replace Ellis. I always understood a "Top 5/10/15 PG" to mean that he would start OVER the current PG on all but 5/10/15 teams, not that he could potentially start on X number of teams if they shifted around their roster.

So the questions I would ask would be: Would the Clippers be willing to replace Davis with Calderon? Or would GS be willing to replace Ellis with him? The only teams I could definitely answer that question with a "yes" would be SAC, NY, Memphis, Minnesota, and a few other (generally crappy) teams.
kelso
Analyst
And1: 2

Post#76 » by kelso » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:58 pm

imgrindin247 wrote:
|llsT oNe wrote:Too bad our role players were the only ones that seemed to have a problem with it. Quite telling really.

We deserved it. In fact, I'm glad it happened.

Bosh thought it wasn't classless. AP felt the same way, and Jay Triano was pissed about it as well.

How did we deserve it? We played our asses off and took the defending champs to OT in their building on a back to back without Calderon and JO.

But he still had hugs for KG after the game- even when he was in his grill earlier probably not whispering sweet nothings. O'Neal wouldn't have put up with that crap. Back in the day, neither would have Oakley, AD, even JYD probably would have done something. I'm sure if Joey was on the floor, he probably would have had something to say.

Bosh needs to grow some. Leadership isn't always quantifed and qualified on the scoresheet.
KSR
Banned User

Post#77 » by KSR » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:01 pm

Who cares its just the pathetic Celtics, their a pathetic organization, shure they have 17 championships but their classless, i shure dont respect them as an NBA team, they got lucky last year. Garnett isnt even that good anymore, Pierce is overrated, Ray Allen is declining. I wouldnt be suprised if they go out in the 1st round this year, and i would be happy if the raptors were the team to do it. They had their one year of fame, their time is done..their only going to get worse, no one is going to trade with them because they really have no assets outside of their starting line-up. I dont think we have to worry about the celtics anymore, but i dont mind facing them in the playoffs and beating them. Like i said, their time is done they dont even have a proper bench. Celtics SUCK!! so do their fans.

Return to Toronto Raptors