ImageImageImageImageImage

Rafael "Baby" Ara

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

planaria
Rookie
And1: 9

Re: Rafael "Baby" Ara 

Post#21 » by planaria » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:39 pm

The suspension was 2 years before the 2004 draft.

BTW, he had 19 points and 8 rebounds in the 117 x 77 victory from Flamengo.
I love players like Kobe Bryant, Vince Carter, Carmelo Anthony and Tracy McGrady. Why? Just because I love basketball. Even if you don't have one in your team, you should love them, too. ;)
PeTBuLL
Bench Warmer
And1: 6

Post#22 » by PeTBuLL » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:51 am

Lol, that´s my Job Mr. Lauria...

Baby (we call him by his national nickname) has talent to play at the NBA level, but his lack of confidence will never allow him to make it...

Over here he is our best Center playing in Brasil by far...
NenĂª, brazilan tomahawk!
AB_21
Analyst
And1: 23

Post#23 » by AB_21 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:37 am

Wanna get away?
Natural11
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#24 » by Natural11 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:48 am

Love that the highlight pack includes random rebounds, free throws, and him getting blocked by a midget. But whatever, the guy got his millions and gets to play pick-up ball in europe with no stress. Good for him.
Exar Kun
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#25 » by Exar Kun » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:59 am

Natural11 wrote:Love that the highlight pack includes random rebounds, free throws, and him getting blocked by a midget. But whatever, the guy got his millions and gets to play pick-up ball in europe with no stress. Good for him.

You failed grade 6 geography, didn't you?
Natural11
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#26 » by Natural11 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:27 am

Exar Kun wrote:
Natural11 wrote:Love that the highlight pack includes random rebounds, free throws, and him getting blocked by a midget. But whatever, the guy got his millions and gets to play pick-up ball in europe with no stress. Good for him.

I could care less where Flamengo is. Troll less.
underdog33
Lead Assistant
And1: 355

Post#27 » by underdog33 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:06 am

he posterizes that guy at 2:35. the dunk and 1
O'neal and Moon 4 Life
planaria
Rookie

Post#28 » by planaria » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:53 am

Highlights from Hoffa´s second game (tonight, against Deportes Castro)

http://www.draftbrasil.net/wordpress/?p=826
I love players like Kobe Bryant, Vince Carter, Carmelo Anthony and Tracy McGrady. Why? Just because I love basketball. Even if you don't have one in your team, you should love them, too. ;)
planaria
Rookie

Post#29 » by planaria » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:55 am

Natural11 wrote:
Exar Kun wrote:

I could care less where Flamengo is. Troll less.

Fail!
thegame10
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#30 » by thegame10 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:36 am

If hoffa had the encouragement and support Andrea has from the front office i think he would have been decent. The pressure on this guy was huge in a time where the franchise was splitting into a new direction. IMO i think his development and pressure that were placed on him were due to the vc situation. Looking back do u guys actually think this guy could be worst than jake.
CalderonFTW
Banned User

Post#31 » by CalderonFTW » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:59 am

ROFL...That was such horse Sh*t!!!!

You could watch clips of Highschool games that are 100000000x better than that sh*t right there...

Hoffa makes free throws! and layups over some 6'6 guy! Not to mention that the dunk was one of the ugliest..ever...
I can honestly say me and my pickup pals can compete in that league.
kelso
Analyst

Post#32 » by kelso » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:03 am

thegame10 wrote:If hoffa had the encouragement and support Andrea has from the front office i think he would have been decent. The pressure on this guy was huge in a time where the franchise was splitting into a new direction. IMO i think his development and pressure that were placed on him were due to the vc situation. Looking back do u guys actually think this guy could be worst than jake.

One of the best coaches in NBA history (Jerry Sloan) was not able to make Hoffa useful enough to keep him around in the NBA and that was back in the friendly confines of Utah where he attended College as well at BYU.

At least Hoffa knew what a hard fouls was all about- remember when he took VC down in the paint once?
thegame10
Pro Prospect

Post#33 » by thegame10 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:23 am

kelso wrote:
thegame10 wrote:If hoffa had the encouragement and support Andrea has from the front office i think he would have been decent. The pressure on this guy was huge in a time where the franchise was splitting into a new direction. IMO i think his development and pressure that were placed on him were due to the vc situation. Looking back do u guys actually think this guy could be worst than jake.

One of the best coaches in NBA history (Jerry Sloan) was not able to make Hoffa useful enough to keep him around in the NBA and that was back in the friendly confines of Utah where he attended College as well at BYU.

At least Hoffa knew what a hard fouls was all about- remember when he took VC down in the paint once?

agree but IMO sloan anit that good its one thing to win ball games and its another to win a title. Jerry was the only thing preventing malone as being the best pf in the history of the game. One ring would have secure that.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#34 » by sh00n » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:03 am

thegame10 wrote:agree but IMO sloan anit that good its one thing to win ball games and its another to win a title. Jerry was the only thing preventing malone as being the best pf in the history of the game. One ring would have secure that.

:lol:

I think you're mistaking Sloan for Michael Jordan - Malone would've had a ring had MJ not been around.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Valard
Sixth Man
And1: 2,902

Post#35 » by Valard » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:29 am

sh00n wrote:
thegame10 wrote:agree but IMO sloan anit that good its one thing to win ball games and its another to win a title. Jerry was the only thing preventing malone as being the best pf in the history of the game. One ring would have secure that.

:lol:

I think you're mistaking Sloan for Michael Jordan - Malone would've had a ring had MJ not been around.

+1
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#36 » by YogiStewart » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:14 pm

thegame10 wrote:
kelso wrote:

agree but IMO sloan anit that good its one thing to win ball games and its another to win a title. Jerry was the only thing preventing malone as being the best pf in the history of the game. One ring would have secure that.

its good that you prefaced your quote with "IMO". otherwise, we would have confused you with a basketball expert.
planaria
Rookie

Post#37 » by planaria » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:10 pm

CalderonFTW wrote:ROFL...That was such horse Sh*t!!!!

You could watch clips of Highschool games that are 100000000x better than that sh*t right there...

Hoffa makes free throws! and layups over some 6'6 guy! Not to mention that the dunk was one of the ugliest..ever...
I can honestly say me and my pickup pals can compete in that league.

No, you cant. The level is trash compared with european or NBA level, but high schoolers or colleges teams always are and always will be destroied for these poor south american teams.

Just remember a American National Team with colleges like Okafor, Gordon and etc that was absolutly abused by the Brazilian National C and teams like Panama and Venezuela.
polvosonic
Freshman

Post#38 » by polvosonic » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:54 pm

jamesd wrote:That's the best highlight musical track ever. It sounds like Os Mutantes a bit.

The track is by Os Mutantes.

On top of not having any lift, Hoffa also has very short arms for a big man.
theSkinny
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,277

Post#39 » by theSkinny » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:21 pm

Yea polvosonic you beat me to it.. Hoffa had a T-Rex frame, which is fine against 6'6 guys..

I wonder if they have chasing chickens as part of their practice regime over there... We know smitch talked about it..sooo yea

He can be a beast in a league no one has heard of with nobody over 6'10 you go "Baby Hoffa" and smash that backboard after your "thunderous" dunks
PeTBuLL
Bench Warmer
And1: 6

Post#40 » by PeTBuLL » Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:29 pm

No need to bash the guy...

He is a milionare and gain his life playing basketball, pretty much more succeeded then every single one in this forum!
NenĂª, brazilan tomahawk!

Return to Toronto Raptors