ImageImageImageImageImage

January 20th - Gerry Dee sighting

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

rapluva
Analyst
And1: 938

January 20th - Gerry Dee sighting 

Post#1 » by rapluva » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:29 am

Go to the Score - King and Peter street (I think). (Downtown Toronto)

Gerry Dee is handing out 3 court side seats for a Raptors Game (Free ofcourse).

All you have to do is make sure you have a Mr. SUB Sandwich in your hand (he even mentioned, it could be more than one sandwich - I guess anything to catch his eye)

I'm obviously not working downtown, so....enjoy...

**edited for entering wrong company name* - It's Mr. Sub

and around 12:00pm
Hypz
Head Coach
And1: 8

Re: January 20th - Gerry Dee sighting 

Post#2 » by Hypz » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:31 am

Oops.
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,558

Post#3 » by s e n s i » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:33 am

rapluva wrote:Go to the Score - King and Peter street (I think). (Downtown Toronto)

All you have to do is make sure you have a SUBWAY Sandwich in your hand (he even mentioned, it could be more than one sandwich - I guess anything to catch his eye)

LOL you're gonna look like an idiot holding a SUBWAY sandwich, because he's only giving them out to people holding a Mr.SUB sandwich.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
MiltonBaller
Senior
And1: 490

Post#4 » by MiltonBaller » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:43 am

OP was setting a smokescreen. Wanted everyone to show up with Subway so he would win. :-P
Hit Em Up
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,778

Post#5 » by Hit Em Up » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:43 am

LMAO.. Subway is waaaaaaay better anyways..

also.. wats up with Gerry D in a bunch of commercials all of a sudden??
PoloGoose
Senior
And1: 0

Post#6 » by PoloGoose » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:43 am

sub fail
ForeveRaptorFan
Sixth Man
And1: 11

Post#7 » by ForeveRaptorFan » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:47 am

1st ever legit smoke screen on Raptors RGM.
Following Bargnani's Progress since entering the League: Bargnani, Ill Mago, Barney, Bustnani, Bust and a Nani, Beastnani, Beardnani, Killer B...
TOStateofMind
RealGM
And1: 21,339

Post#8 » by TOStateofMind » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:54 am

lmao that would be hilarious is someone got a subway sandwich instead of a mr.sub
boshjonesford
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#9 » by boshjonesford » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:58 am

which day... and where exactly???
JaysOrRaps
Sophomore

Post#10 » by JaysOrRaps » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:11 am

I'm confused about Gerry Dee. Is he trying hard not to be funny or by not trying hard thinking he is funny? Maybe I don't watch The Score enough when I'm drunk.

Oh and if anyone actually goes for this, bring a Quiznos sub too in case this is a double smokescreen. :lol:
God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. - Voltaire
gei
Sixth Man
And1: 394

Post#11 » by gei » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:43 am

JaysOrRaps wrote:I'm confused about Gerry Dee. Is he trying hard not to be funny or by not trying hard thinking he is funny? Maybe I don't watch The Score enough when I'm drunk.

Oh and if anyone actually goes for this, bring a Quiznos sub too in case this is a double smokescreen. :lol:

I really don't get him either. At first I found him INCREDIBLY annoying. But for some reason lately I find him amusing... and I have no idea why. I have never been so confused :-?
WHAT_DA
Lead Assistant
And1: 30

Post#12 » by WHAT_DA » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:47 am

gei wrote:
JaysOrRaps wrote:I'm confused about Gerry Dee. Is he trying hard not to be funny or by not trying hard thinking he is funny? Maybe I don't watch The Score enough when I'm drunk.

I really don't get him either. At first I found him INCREDIBLY annoying. But for some reason lately I find him amusing... and I have no idea why. I have never been so confused :-?

CO....STANZA
NG15
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Post#13 » by NG15 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:00 am

He's a professional comedian.. I like a lot of his stand up to be honest with you..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=043qo0v3Y_U&feature=related
Boner Champ
Bench Warmer
And1: 8

Post#14 » by Boner Champ » Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:14 pm

gei wrote:

Agree completely. He was pretty awkward at first, but he's been getting a lot better with his role lately.
DarkKnight
Analyst
And1: 672

Post#15 » by DarkKnight » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:00 pm

A bunch of my friends went to high school at De La Salle and this guy was one of their teachers. He quit to go be a comedian and somehow he actually seems to have made it (sort of). Weird.
"JJ is a fineness player." - knickerbocker2k2 (meaning to say "finesse", about James Johnson)
TheMainEvent
Analyst
And1: 1,814

Post#16 » by TheMainEvent » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:21 pm

Da_Drought_3 wrote:also.. wats up with Gerry D in a bunch of commercials all of a sudden??

Yeah, I've seen the dude in I believe 3 commercials now. One was a beer commercial, another a car commercial, and one for Rogers.

And I think his comedic style is similar to Steve Carell. A monotonic voice + ignorance + unemotional face / blank stare + thinking he's always right. I guess the idea is being funny by acting like he's trying not to be funny, sort of. He's okay though, not hilarious, but he's grown on me a bit.
Good Lord, the little stoner's got a point.
TheMainEvent on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:03 pm wrote:I say the Raptors win the championship in 2019.
thebosh_78
Freshman

Post#17 » by thebosh_78 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:20 pm

I believe he was a contestant on that show Last Comic Standing, but i'm not sure how far he got.

Also, he's got some kindof competition going on with Cabbie right now...I saw a bit of it last night where a fitness instructor was having them do drills and they were trash talking each other back and forth. It was kinda funny.
PJTucker
Junior
And1: 68

Post#18 » by PJTucker » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:03 pm

thebosh_78 wrote:I believe he was a contestant on that show Last Comic Standing, but i'm not sure how far he got.
Also, he's got some kindof competition going on with Cabbie right now...I saw a bit of it last night where a fitness instructor was having them do drills and they were trash talking each other back and forth. It was kinda funny.

Pretty sure he made the finals and actually finished second. The winner, an arkansas hick can be seen in Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (great movie by the way).
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#19 » by Gold Chain » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:05 pm

Gerry Dee's stand up is pretty good and I like the guy.

He is going to get knocked out one day with that act, as funny as he is, not every one (ala Randy Couture) is going to be in on the joke.
Canada_7
General Manager
And1: 2,486

Post#20 » by Canada_7 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:10 pm

rapluva wrote:Go to the Score - King and Peter street (I think). (Downtown Toronto)

All you have to do is make sure you have a Mr. SUB Sandwich in your hand (he even mentioned, it could be more than one sandwich - I guess anything to catch his eye)

**edited for entering wrong company name* - It's Mr. Sub

and around 12:00pm

I remember seeing on The Score where Gerry Dee gave courtside tickets to these 2 or 3 women for the Mr. Sub thing or something a few weeks ago. If he's doing this again, I'm deffinitely going. Can anyone confirm the location or provide the exact location of where The Score is located?

Return to Toronto Raptors