ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Raps Choke

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Re: PG: Raps Choke 

Post#301 » by Death Knight » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:02 am

TheRaptor! wrote:
GCougar wrote:Bosh is on quite a streak at end of games.

God damn he's a mess.

Yea LOL @ everyone focusing on Moon. I guess he's the scapegoat for today.

Did anyone see Bosh's turnover the possession before? Guess not. :lol:

I guess this can make you guys happy though:

Starting Foward for ya'll, SHAWWWWWWWN MAARRRIOOON!

Yea, I don't know why people are giving Bosh a pass on his turnover. The Raptors got lucky that Atlanta tried to go for a quick 2 and screwed up, which gave the Raptors a 2nd chance, only to have the moronic Moon jack up the 3. Then JJ makes a clutch 2 afterwards, and the best the Raptors can do at that point is tie the game.

I wasn't even surprised that Bosh turned it over. During the timeout, I said to myself if the play call is for Bosh, Raptors will lose. That's what happened.
Garmfay
Assistant Coach
And1: 507

Post#302 » by Garmfay » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:07 am

Tommy Gun wrote:
Duncanfan wrote:
Are typical bigs shooting 3's? If you want to cherry pick stats, Bargs is shooting like 50% in the last two games inside the arc. Go look at his overall avg's starting if you like, but you won't because they don't show you what you want to see.

It's obvious to everyone that he had a good game today aside from his 3 point shot.

He's been shooting pretty high percentage lately so a three game skid isnt the end of the world.

Offensively, the fact that he makes Hump look like John Stockton is far more annoying...does he ever pass the ball??

Bargs actually passes a lot but our scrubs can't finish plays or they pass to someone else. Also usually Bargs gets the ball when there is no one else to pass so he usually needs to shoot it.
Credit to Turbo_Zone
"The Lion does not concern himself with the opinion of the sheep"
supersub15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#303 » by supersub15 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:08 am

Of the 18 losses under Triano so far, 14 have been close games (2 possessions disparity with 2 minutes to go). That's a mark of a team that can't handle pressure situations.

How many have we basically given away?
chrome381
Starter
And1: 0

Post#304 » by chrome381 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:09 am

TheRaptor! wrote:I noticed something...

Almost anyone who is of significance to this team has been bashed.

Calderon? Check
Parker? Check
Moon? Check
Kapono? Check
Solomon? Check
Bargnani? Check
Jermaine? Check
Sam Mitchel? Check
BC? Check

How long will it take for you to realize Bosh is part of the problem? This guy gets no part of the blame, yet he is our 'franchise player' with the team having a **** record. Hes one hell of a franchise player eh? There is a reason why hes nothing more than an all-star, yet hes being treated like a Superstar/God.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :nonono: :crazy:
underdog33
Lead Assistant
And1: 355

Post#305 » by underdog33 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:19 am

Calderon? Check
Parker? Check
Moon? Check
Kapono? Check
Solomon? Check
Bargnani? Check
Jermaine? Check
Sam Mitchel? Check
BC? Check

How long will it take for you to realize Bosh is part of the problem? This guy gets no part of the blame, yet he is our 'franchise player' with the team having a **** record. Hes one hell of a franchise player eh? There is a reason why hes nothing more than an all-star, yet hes being treated like a Superstar/God.

Bosh has been bashed tonnes of times.
O'neal and Moon 4 Life
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#306 » by Ted Lasso » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:27 am

supersub15 wrote:Of the 18 losses under Triano so far, 14 have been close games (2 possessions disparity with 2 minutes to go). That's a mark of a team that can't handle pressure situations.

Jay has been surprisingly disappointing to me. I think it is pretty clear at this point that he won't be back as head coach next year.
The Notic
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: it's a bird. it's a plane. NO! it's Lois Lane givin me brain.

Post#307 » by The Notic » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:30 am

dribble-handoff for parker @ the 3-point line trying to curl in and make something happen. haha. i feel like i'm watching CIS ball.
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#308 » by Ted Lasso » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:32 am

Calderon? Check
Parker? Check
Moon? Check
Kapono? Check
Solomon? Check
Bargnani? Check
Jermaine? Check
Sam Mitchel? Check
BC? Check

I was impressed with how you handled yourself during that "I am not proud to be Canadian" discussion. I stayed out of it and i certainly disagreed with you, but you were direct and logical with what you had to say. So the general ridiculousness of your stance on Bosh has been confusing to me, to say the least. Do you not see the threads? Do you not see that he's been reduced to Shareef Abdur-Rahim by some?
The Notic
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: it's a bird. it's a plane. NO! it's Lois Lane givin me brain.

Post#309 » by The Notic » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:32 am

i think i'm the only one who doesn't mind that shot by moon. he caught it in rhythm, felt good and would have been the kind of home-run shot that gets you the tough win on the road against a good home team. iunno, i doubt we woulda done any better against their set D.
unotready
Sophomore

Post#310 » by unotready » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:37 am

I missed the 2nd half. Why everyone mad at moon? what he do. Did he just miss a 3, is that what all the fuss is about or did he take an untimely, hard 3?
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,532

Post#311 » by TheRaptor! » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:39 am

Chandler Bing wrote:

Calderon? Check
Parker? Check
Moon? Check
Kapono? Check
Solomon? Check
Bargnani? Check
Jermaine? Check
Sam Mitchel? Check
BC? Check

I was impressed with how you handled yourself during that "I am not proud to be Canadian" discussion. I stayed out of it and i certainly disagreed with you, but you were direct and logical with what you had to say. So the general ridiculousness of your stance on Bosh has been confusing to me, to say the least. Do you not see the threads? Do you not see that he's been reduced to Shareef Abdur-Rahim by some?

The point is that Bosh still has alot more fans who defend him compared to other. With a fan base this big, its logical to see that there will be some who sees what I see and point out Bosh's flaws.

The problem is the ratio of Bosh supporters and bashers.

I have no problem saying Bosh is the best on this team, but he has his flaws. The majority of fans fail to acknowledge that. They all agree on the others being crap though. Maybe they should see that Bosh is part of the problem as well.
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#312 » by hsb » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:51 am

supersub15 wrote:Of the 18 losses under Triano so far, 14 have been close games (2 possessions disparity with 2 minutes to go). That's a mark of a team that can't handle pressure situations.

Zero.

This team lacks an identiy, or talent, to win close games.

Hopefully Jose can bring some much needed help and efficiency. I still stand by my point that this Raptor team isn't bad considering how much empty salary is wasted with JO.
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
imgrindin247
Rookie

Post#313 » by imgrindin247 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:55 am

We've given away a lot of these games, but we've also been pretty unlucky as well. When you're in this many close games, you should win a few of them just from sheer luck.

We just don't play with confidence as a team down the stretch, some players tighten up and some have mental lapses. We just have an inability to get a defensive stop when needed and secure the defensive rebound at the key times. We also are unable to manufacture a good shot when one is needed.

A lot of people complain about the talent on this team being the problem, but I don't think that's the issue. We have the talent to be a pretty good team, we just lack mental toughness as a team to be strong on the offensive and defensive ends when needed. The good teams bear down and focus more when games are tight at the end. We seem to make our biggest mistakes at this time while good teams execute.

Still, the amount of close games and double digit leads this team has given up is very disturbing. I can understand every fan's frustration in watching these games. This team just constantly shoots itself in the foot and gives games away.
Mad Prophet
Veteran
And1: 724

Post#314 » by Mad Prophet » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:28 am

Just finished watching the game from PVR, and after a self-imposed news blackout I was hoping to see the headline "Moon Released", or "Moon Traded for Nachos". Better luck tomorrow.
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#315 » by Death Knight » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:50 am

underdog33 wrote:

Calderon? Check
Parker? Check
Moon? Check
Kapono? Check
Solomon? Check
Bargnani? Check
Jermaine? Check
Sam Mitchel? Check
BC? Check

Bosh has been bashed tonnes of times.

But the problem is, there are people that still defend Bosh when the criticism is legit.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#316 » by Yosemite Dan » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:51 am

"Are you kidding me? Your list is brutal. If if you didn't post after every game I would think you were a troll. :lol:

You seem to think extremely lowly of Bosh.

The only players on that list who are clearly better than Bosh at this point are Bryant, Lebron, Paul, Duncan, Garnett, Nash and maybe Wade. Of those players, 4 are over 30.

Man you really have something against Bosh. The other players are either around Bosh's range or lower. At least now we know you actually hate Bosh, and your posts make some sense.

Notice how all the clutch players on that list are wing players? I have no idea where you come off calling almost all of those 25 players clutch players.

Looking at that list also reinforced just how much Bosh's supporting cast sucks compared to the other players.[/quote]

It's not a true rank, I'm just putting the top 10 guys in the NBA and then the next tier of players after 10. Bosh is somewhere between 15 and 25. What's with the ragging on Pearce. The guy's a 4th quarter monster and has become a very good defender and most importantly comes up big when the going gets tough. Everything you want in a star player. You are delusional if you think Howard and Bosh are on the same level.

Maybe Wade? LOL what are u smoking? Miami is in the playoffs at this very moment and you're telling me they have more talent than us, don't forget about Wade in the playoffs, he does seem pretty successful there too.

Out of the top 14 guys I listed, maybe Denver trades Carmelo and NO trades West for Bosh straight up, With salaries being equal no other team that has a player in the top 14 would trade Bosh straight up. There is no way Utah would trade Williams for Bosh and definately no way Portland would trade Roy for Bosh if they could. Yao -don't think so, Pearce-No, Dirk-No. Howard-you gotta be kidding me. You are severely overestimating the value of Bosh on the open market.

When teams play us and kill us in the paint you don't think they realize that while Bosh can score he doesn't do much else. Terrible defender and I believe only 1 year where he averaged over 10rbs. Would alot of teams love to have Bosh-Yes, but a high scoring weak defending big man is not something most teams covet to the tune of 25 million a year. He's proven this year he can't carry a team. The Cavs of the last few years haven't given Lebron steller teammates yet they go far in the playoffs every year. Now Bosh isn't Lebron but you could figure that he could at least carry the Raps to a .500 record this year. The whole team is weak, mentally and physically and Bosh is the leader in that in every way.

Keep spouting all you want about how great he is. AlI I see is bad playoff performances, a bad season last year and a worse one this year where we were expected to contend because we supposedly had players and he was our leader. It's just not about getting your 23 points a game. For a big man his FG% is average, and he can't play defense to save his life. One of the worst in the league. Tell me what separates him from Shareef Abdur Rahim because I can't see the difference. Let's not get into the KG comparisons. At least KG got to the playoffs every year in the tough WC and made it to the WCF (with Cassal as the 2nd best player) with Minny because he plays both ends of the floor. When Bosh makes the ECF then I'll shut up.

It's amusing how highly you think of him because "well he scores 23 PPG". That's one part of the game. Good for him too bad we stink every year. I would rather have him average 18PPG if he would become a good defender and I guarantee you our team would be better. Please no wingman excuse, you think the Raps are the only team that doesn't have major weakness somewhere in thier starting lineup. Almost every team is in that boat. It starts from the top down and when media and fans alike deify Bosh then he's concerned about scoring and not much else because he's never held accountable by anyone. Bosh has the mindset that he has to score and not do anything else and the team lets him do that and that's a big reason why we underachieve almost every year.
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#317 » by Vlade Divac » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:53 am

Moon is to blame! Not that much for jacking the 3s but because this gimp with IQ of -27 NEVER EVER considered to drive on Bibby who was guarding him on 5-6 possessions at the end.

Kudos to Hawks. They manufactured the win in the game they should have lost. They were pounding inside and good things happened.

Jay is to blame too. How can you have players in the game when they just jack up shots without any logic, instead going inside on short Hawks team without legitimate shot blockers.

And finally I do not have anything against Roko's turnovers. At least he is aware that he doesn't have a shoot so he goes inside.
supbro
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#318 » by supbro » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:13 am

Thank god I was at work and wasn't able to watch this. Had I seen Moon chucking that 3 while down 1 at crunch time and had that stupid grin on his face like he always does, it would just be too much for me. I would literally go over the edge and completely lose it. Thank god I missed it.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#319 » by will » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:24 am

...and the countdown begins to Bosh bouncing to another team via free agency....
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#320 » by Yosemite Dan » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:30 am

will wrote:...and the countdown begins to Bosh bouncing to another team via free agency....

I know and look how bad we'll be without him. We could end up with a 30 win season. Oh wait that's what we're headed for now. I know I'll feel better if we sign him long term and at least know that he's finacially secure when we're winning 30 games a season.

Return to Toronto Raptors