ImageImageImageImageImage

E.Smith: Honouring A Special Day...

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Re: E.Smith: Honouring A Special Day... 

Post#21 » by J-Roc » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:11 pm

People who want to make a big deal about him being black (let's ignore the half-black part....it's not as interesting), have all the right to. The fact that black people in their 40's like Smitch, or older guys like Wayne Embry, had to go to the back of the bus or put up with other types of segregation, shows how short a time ago things were worse. But the fact Obama got in shows the majority have changed from those times.

But, the stuff that comes out of Obama's own mouth, about "change" and whatever....it doesn't mean anything. He's a politician. He can't help everyone. The poor will still be the poor. I wonder what black people in ghetto's in the US will feel after four years and they're in the same spot. He might mean well, but there's only so much he can do. And there's no reason to think he could figure out a way to get Israel and Palestone to sort out their differences.
C.Boshly
Analyst
And1: 605

Post#22 » by C.Boshly » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:19 pm

The Raptors should be practicing how not to choke instead of reading old speeches.

I have a dream... that they will win a game again some day.
dawtcalm
Pro Prospect
And1: 85

Post#23 » by dawtcalm » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:29 pm

Jerry West was #44 and was "the logo". Would have been cool for all games yesterday/today to change the nba logo on the court to commemorate the #44th president....

I anticipate many more #44s in the league in the future!
chrome381
Starter
And1: 0

Post#24 » by chrome381 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:08 pm

YEA OBAMA!!!!
kplooksafterme
Bench Warmer
And1: 280

Post#25 » by kplooksafterme » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:52 pm

YogiStewart wrote:
kplooksafterme wrote:
YogiStewart wrote:just an aside....

its amazing to think that, just over 40 years ago, blacks were treated like 2nd class citizens in the southern US states. the world was a stupid place not that long ago....

What's it like living under a rock?

your brain provides me shelter from the sun and elements. why do you ask? :D

and anyone who thinks the world is a worse place now than what it was from 1935-1965 is seriously kidding themselves. again, a discussion best held in the off-topic board

Yea, I'm gonna have to echo some other posters in this thread's sentiment that you've got to learn how to comprehend what you're reading. I never even attempted to compare the world today to some arbitrary time-line that you've put forth, yet you felt it necessary to pick me up on that point, which I never tried to make.

Also, if you think discussions like this should be kept to another board, perhaps don't start them in the future.

All in all, you fail yogi. You fail badly :(

Return to Toronto Raptors