ImageImageImageImageImage

Stat of the Day: Most Improved Player

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ninja416
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Stat of the Day: Most Improved Player 

Post#41 » by ninja416 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:26 pm

Guy Smiley seems to love CV's game. I do too.

But that being said, Andrea has been playing pretty darn good lately. His rebounding needs major work and so does his bball instincts. He needs to add more offensive moves like a hook shot, proper layup technique as he is horrible finishing at the rim and also needs to add a bit of a floater as many times I have seen him get an offensive rebound only to pull up for a jumper from 4-5 feet out. He could by much more effective if he uses a one handed floater to put those offensive putbacks in the basket. Also , defensively he needs to be a better help defender. He doesn't play the passing lanes well and doesn't really clog up the middle like a C should do. He is a poor help defender and cant really guard small guys driving around him.

But I am liking what I see from him lately. Having said that, I love CV more as well-rounded offensive player. But its not fair to compare a player playing C to a player playing PF.
Guy Smiley
RealGM
And1: 491

Post#42 » by Guy Smiley » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:26 pm

Yes, we know what we are going to get with Andrea. If his outside shot is falling then he will score efficiently. If not, then we need to feed him shot after shot so he can get us the only thing he can while he is on the floor and that is points.

The guy is just not that good and if he is that good then it is his piss poor attitude or lack of bball IQ which is limiting him.

The mismatches Andrea brings haven't offset the ones the Raptors face as a direct result of Bargnani's limitations. That is what makes him a minus contributor and ultimately a big reason why the Raptors continue to suck with him as a core piece.

If I wanted to watch a player develop I would become a fan of the D league.
Cromat
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#43 » by Cromat » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:36 pm

Ahahaha, whatever, go watch curling if you like, cause I think Bargnani will remain for a very long time in Toronto :lol:

In the end, the Raptors sucked cause of Bargnani play in January... this is the most idiotic thing I've read in months, let''s see:

1)In January Raptors have lost a lot of close games, they've not suffered a handful of blowouts
2)The Raptors were missing their starting PG (and Triano was so desperate with Solomon that he had to put Parker at PG); surprise surprise Calderon come back and the Raptors breeze past Chicago, very strange coincidence indeed.
3)The Raptors were missing O'Neal, the first big from the bench was either Humphries or Voskuhl

Hadn't bargnani stepped up during January (pairing up with Bosh), probably the Raptors would have lost all 13 games before Calderon's return by blowouts :roll:

But yeah, obviously it's Bargnani's fault :lol:
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#44 » by Death Knight » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:53 pm

Guy Smiley wrote:Yes, we know what we are going to get with Andrea. If his outside shot is falling then he will score efficiently. If not, then we need to feed him shot after shot so he can get us the only thing he can while he is on the floor and that is points.

The guy is just not that good and if he is that good then it is his piss poor attitude or lack of bball IQ which is limiting him.

The mismatches Andrea brings haven't offset the ones the Raptors face as a direct result of Bargnani's limitations. That is what makes him a minus contributor and ultimately a big reason why the Raptors continue to suck with him as a core piece.

If I wanted to watch a player develop I would become a fan of the D league.

Are you trying to say that the C position is worse than the wing positions on this team? People have no idea what they are talking about when they say this team was losing during this stretch despite his good play and thus refuse to give Bargnani any credit. With Calderon out and the fact that the Raptors have the 4 worst combination of wing players (Parker, Moon, Kapono, Graham) should account for a big part of the losses. Did you know how many games came down to the last minute? If the Raptors had even half competent wing players, not only would those games not have to come down to the last minute, but the Raptors might be winning in blow out fashion. Reality is, if Bargnani didn't step his game up during this stretch with Calderon and JO out, the Raptors wouldn't be in those games at the last minute. It's a damn shame that they have to go to Bosh in those situations and ultimately come up short because Bosh can't deliver.

You might as well tell me that Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison both suck because they do nothing to help the Wizards cause. And they also have Arenas out, but according to your thought process, who cares right?

Just take a look at all the teams in the NBA and their starting SG/SF and their back ups. Raptors easily have the 4 worst combination of wing players.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Depth_ ... ?sport=NBA
Singh is King
Pro Prospect
And1: 4

Post#45 » by Singh is King » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:54 pm

Guy Smiley wrote:Bargnani's style of play lends itself to hot and cold streaks which we have seen for the past 2 and a half years. All this talk about Bargnani playing consistently seems a little skewed to me. He has had some horrible shooting nights but still scores due to volume. It's not like he has consistently rebounded well during his recent hot streak either.

Let's get real here. The guy is pretty one dimensional and is hardly what I would consider a starting C. Sure he has the size and whatnot but where did all his shot blocks go?

To me Andrea plays more like a PF than a C despite his "official" position. The fact remains the team continues to flounder in the middle and will continue to do so with Bosh and Andrea manning the paint. I would rather lose with a guy like CV who has the potential to entertain and take over games more so than Andrea.

I fully expect Andrea to have a big game today and I hope he does. I just hate his style of play and wish there were fewer of his mental makeup in professional sports today.

Althoguh CV can put up points in a hurry, Bargs is more efficent than him, with a ts% 0.559 vs Cv's 0.534 the only thing CV is better than Bargs at is rebounding(infinitely ) better than bargs in that
Blue Jays Forum Where all the cool people post
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#46 » by Death Knight » Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:58 pm

Singh is King wrote:
Guy Smiley wrote:Bargnani's style of play lends itself to hot and cold streaks which we have seen for the past 2 and a half years. All this talk about Bargnani playing consistently seems a little skewed to me. He has had some horrible shooting nights but still scores due to volume. It's not like he has consistently rebounded well during his recent hot streak either.

Let's get real here. The guy is pretty one dimensional and is hardly what I would consider a starting C. Sure he has the size and whatnot but where did all his shot blocks go?

To me Andrea plays more like a PF than a C despite his "official" position. The fact remains the team continues to flounder in the middle and will continue to do so with Bosh and Andrea manning the paint. I would rather lose with a guy like CV who has the potential to entertain and take over games more so than Andrea.

I fully expect Andrea to have a big game today and I hope he does. I just hate his style of play and wish there were fewer of his mental makeup in professional sports today.

Althoguh CV can put up points in a hurry, Bargs is more efficent than him, with a ts% 0.559 vs Cv's 0.534 the only thing CV is better than Bargs at is rebounding(infinitely ) better than bargs in that

I own CV in my fantasy team, and have watched some pieces of Bucks games this season. He is madly inconsistent and easily the most frustrating player to own and watch. Even through Bargnani's struggles, I would say CV is much more inconsistent.
Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Post#47 » by Komodo » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:13 pm

Personally, I love watching Bargnani.
Guy Smiley
RealGM
And1: 491

Post#48 » by Guy Smiley » Wed Feb 4, 2009 11:48 am

supersub, would you be able to post Bargnani's numbers based on his actual performance rather than projected?

I would be interested to see how he ranks among the other most improved player candidates.

Thank you
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#49 » by Hendrix » Wed Feb 4, 2009 12:38 pm

supersub15 wrote:
What everybody seems to be missing is that Devin Harris was shooting 0.573 (TS%) last year, and he's shooting 0.573 (TS%) again this year. So, how come he's scoring that much more? Well, when your shot attempts go up from 9.9 to 15.1, you're bound to score more. Obviously, increased role doesn't always translate into markedly increased numbers, but I think the real improvement in roles should be measured in improved TS%, i.e. did you improve while taking more shots?:

I kind of disagree with ya here Sub. Being able to maintain .573ts% while taking more volume is a big accomplishment. In past years Harris maintained his ts% by being able to pick his spots better, and get more easy layups. As his volume goes up naturally you're going to have to take more jumpshots, take harder shots, and work harder to get those shots. Being able to shot as efficiently while doing that shows quite a bit of improvment imo.

Death Knight wrote:[
I own CV in my fantasy team, and have watched some pieces of Bucks games this season. He is madly inconsistent and easily the most frustrating player to own and watch. Even through Bargnani's struggles, I would say CV is much more inconsistent.

I dunno they're both inconsistant.

But yeah I owned CV in my fantasy league, and I just said F it and dumped him during one of his bad streaks. Which I'm now regretting...
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
Spragga
General Manager
And1: 1,679

Post#50 » by Spragga » Wed Feb 4, 2009 1:07 pm

Randy Foye is starting to come around now. McFail got his team playing hard.
why was hakeem called "the dream"??"

Because it rhymes with 'Olajuwon'.

remember Canadians are just Mexicans with sweaters

Return to Toronto Raptors