ImageImageImageImageImage

Feb 19th who's left?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

rapluva
Analyst
And1: 938

Feb 19th who's left? 

Post#1 » by rapluva » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:33 pm

These trades are taking way too long to happen.

Chances are that the Jermaine for Marion deal takes place. I still think Kapono is gonna be traded and Joey might be on the block too along with Anthony Parker.

Now here's the crappy thing about all this...

Joey is playing some decent ball and is driving to the hoop and is very aggressive, plus playing some good D.

Anthony Parker is actually playing some Poing Forward for us, which means if he's gone we need to rely on either BANKS or Roko to be our backup PG.

Kapono has done nothing for the team in the last 2 wins. Yes, he is an excellent 3 point shooter, if he shoots the ball. How do we replace him?

Jamario Moon\s name is out there, but I would prefer any player who can drive to the basket over another jump shooter, think about it, wouldn't you want Joey/AP/Kapono shooting the ball over this guy.

So basically, I think with all these names floating around, the big 3 remain, but who comes in...?
vancityballer
Rookie
And1: 153

Re: Feb 19th who's left? 

Post#2 » by vancityballer » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:54 pm

I say nobody. I say we still see this group of miscreants around in April because BC is giving this group, a group that generally believes in each other, a chance to turn themselves around.
I don't even know if the JO/Marion trade happens. I would have expected it today after JO's game last night. He was aggressive, got big boards and played within the system while not looking affected at all by the knee. What more could Riley want? I wouldn't sweeten that deal at all. It gives Beasley a stronger (starting) role at SF and Miami becomes a much more well-rounded team. We do attain a) cap relief at seasons end and b) the smart SF we require to get Moon out of the starting line-up but we would also get Banks, a guy who really eats up longer term space for using a spot at the end of the bench...kinda BS if you ask me. I would ask Pat Riley to drop Joel on us and maybe that's just what BC is waiting for. It might be a game of chicken....who can hold out the longest to improve their team?
The more posts of yours I read, the dumber I get
calgaryRAPTOR
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by calgaryRAPTOR » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:15 pm

Yeah , im not sure if i want to see any trades this year nothing seems to really fit ( to what id like to see)

I think you give these guys a shot, try and grab that 7 8 seed , keep bargs as starting center and keep jo comming off the bench. He is exactly what we need in the playoffs. really love this guy just wish he had a pair off new knees ..

if there was any tradding goin on id like to see krapono gone , Not that it is all hes fault if traiano cant run some plays and get this guy open 2 knock down that 3 ball he is absolutly useless 2 us.

I wish jamario would just stop thinking about not getting hurt and drive that fu*$%in ball 2 the hoop slam it down with great vengance and make some highlite reels, i mean if this guy had no fear with his athletic ability and hops he should be dunkin on anybody just jump higher mario. I mean if you dont start doing the things that brought u up from the D leauge , U wont get no big contract anyway, its good youve been workin on yer shot its gottin a hell of alote better but still there is a reason you are left open at the 3, keep shooting well (but not often) keep em honest then drive 2 the hoop ......

i also like joey G's play as off late keep giving him cosistant minnutes

if anything fer this year package up kapono hump ( even though i see lots off potential fer ya ) and solomon and see what u can get ( probly not to much )

But anyway lets just wait untill the off season and see if Brian can earn his monney. i mean **** there is a raeson why we got u, so make some good desicions. ( i mean i like jo but Rasho woul have done just as much for this team,

Just dont pull the trigger to quick brian, and make sure it helps the team ,
James_Raptors
RealGM
And1: 10,800

Post#4 » by James_Raptors » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:34 pm

I think alot of it will depend on our play over the next couple of weeks. If we get on a roll and it looks like we might have a shot at the playoffs I'm willing to bet they keep people like Parker, Moon, Joey, etc. Even if that's the case, I'd like to see JO and JKilla moved before the deadline but that's wishfull thinking on my part.
08-14-'21:
(re: Scottie Barnes)
-Top 3 Raptors of all-time, 5+ ASG, Min 1 All-NBA 1st /2nd,Min 3 All-Def 1st or 2nd team,between years 2-3 in the running for best current player on our roster,best Raptor on the team, multiple years in a row

RIP Hater
Superboy316KING
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#5 » by Superboy316KING » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:38 pm

this groups is going nowhere. so let's just let em tank cause this season's gone down the drain anyway
brownballer
Junior

Post#6 » by brownballer » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:54 pm

i say we trade bosh and call it a season
chsh22
Analyst

Post#7 » by chsh22 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:01 pm

I'm split 50/50. Either we're dealing JO for Marion and crew, or we're going to keep JO until the deadline in 2010 or possibly let him expire and re-sign him on the cheap.

Actually, if we do keep JO, I think a scenario we may see play out is him agreeing in principle to a contract for ~8mil/yr (or potentially even MLE money) to play as a backup after he expires. It depends on how much he actually likes the team and/or our potential shot at winning a title I think.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:If you were going to give the raps board an enema, you'd stick the tube in this thread.

Return to Toronto Raptors