ImageImageImageImageImage

Pierce: toronto top 3 places to play

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

PrinceV
Rookie
And1: 697

Re: Pierce: toronto top 3 places to play 

Post#41 » by PrinceV » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:35 am

Couple of years ago there was a All-star rookie special and it had 3 players showcasing their experience at the All-star game. I can't remember the third person, but the other two was Devin Harris and Andre Iugodala (sp?).

The first question asked to them was which is the worst cities to visit and Utah was on top of the list. The best cities to visit, they agreed on L.A. Chicago, NY and Miami. One of them says Toronto and they all agreed and had huge smiles across their faces.

Toronto has everything you need, but the cherry on the cake is the beautiful women. Different nationalities mixed together giving you exotic looks.

Toronto has plenty to offer.
vctmac
Rookie
And1: 568

Post#42 » by vctmac » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:45 am

Jounster wrote:grrr I regret being so late for this, but

Get er' done bc

stop it. shutup up.
Lucky27
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#43 » by Lucky27 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:22 am

PrinceV wrote:Couple of years ago there was a All-star rookie special and it had 3 players showcasing their experience at the All-star game. I can't remember the third person, but the other two was Devin Harris and Andre Iugodala (sp?).

The first question asked to them was which is the worst cities to visit and Utah was on top of the list. The best cities to visit, they agreed on L.A. Chicago, NY and Miami. One of them says Toronto and they all agreed and had huge smiles across their faces.

Toronto has everything you need, but the cherry on the cake is the beautiful women. Different nationalities mixed together giving you exotic looks.

Yeah I saw that too, but I think the reason why all the players like it here is cause when they first break into the league, they are underage in the U.S.(21), but not here. So, clubbing is prolly a first for many of them in Toronto.
Koosh
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#44 » by Koosh » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:27 am

Lucky27 wrote:
PrinceV wrote:Yeah I saw that too, but I think the reason why all the players like it here is cause when they first break into the league, they are underage in the U.S.(21), but not here. So, clubbing is prolly a first for many of them in Toronto.

That and we have a lot less fat chicks here.
kcheleb2
Banned User

Post#45 » by kcheleb2 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:28 am

i think he was talking about hockey not basketball
ToffKobe
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#46 » by ToffKobe » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:43 am

chocolateSens1 wrote:
rkid wrote:I know this joke is reeeally old now, but I have to get it in before someone else does... forgive me but...

get 'er done BC!

lame. Smokescreen.

Bring him home!
nizaam
Sixth Man
And1: 415

Post#47 » by nizaam » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:34 am

chocolateSens1 wrote:
rkid wrote:I know this joke is reeeally old now, but I have to get it in before someone else does... forgive me but...

get 'er done BC!

lame. Smokescreen.

you litteraly call everything a smokescreen :lol: . Maybe the smokescreens are a smokecreen.
nizaam
Sixth Man
And1: 415

Post#48 » by nizaam » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:36 am

ToffBosh wrote:
chocolateSens1 wrote:

get 'er done BC!

lame. Smokescreen.

Bring him home!

You want him to go to Oakland Cali? They dont even have a team.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,529

Post#49 » by C_Money » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:48 am

I've been to the Staples Center and its definetly better than the ACC. The ACC is definetly top 5 though with the games and stuff.
Deoh
Junior

Post#50 » by Deoh » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:44 pm

Paul says that to all of his hoes.
cHiNoz
Rookie
And1: 7

Post#51 » by cHiNoz » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:49 pm

nizaam wrote:You want him to go to Oakland Cali? They dont even have a team.

uhh.. that would be Golden St
Reignman
Banned User
And1: 391

Post#52 » by Reignman » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:59 pm

PrinceV wrote:Couple of years ago there was a All-star rookie special and it had 3 players showcasing their experience at the All-star game. I can't remember the third person, but the other two was Devin Harris and Andre Iugodala (sp?).

The third rookie was JR Smith and I believe he was the one to say he loved Toronto.
tdotrapors
Ballboy

Post#53 » by tdotrapors » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:00 pm

Maybe because the lower bowl is so damn quiet at the ACC that it gives the visiting team a chance to think. God I hate those stupid suits in the platinum seats.
victor page
Junior
And1: 26

Post#54 » by victor page » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:01 pm

I think Toronto is clearly behind New York (Knicks), LA (Lakers), Miami, Phoenix, Orlando and Chicago as desirable places to play.

Some players might prefer Dallas and Houston as well.

Aside from the current 2-3 year period as the NBA's elite, nobody wants to play in Boston. There is no nightlife (at least not what NBA players would like) and there are racism issues.

The tax situation in Toronto is the same as any northeastern US state - the difference between playing in New York and playing in Toronto even on a max deal is minimal. It would be more than made up for with the currency difference (getting paid in US dollars, and spending money in Cdn. is a good deal)
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,674

Post#55 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:04 pm

It's a bigger endorsement for Zanzibar, the Brass Rail and For Your Eyes only, than it is for the Raptors.

Contact Dance FTW
223red
Rookie

Post#56 » by 223red » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:16 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:It's a bigger endorsement for Zanzibar, the Brass Rail and For Your Eyes only, than it is for the Raptors.

Contact Dance FTW

Confirmed. The "spreading smiles" say it all.
Apollo33
Pro Prospect

Post#57 » by Apollo33 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:56 pm

Get er done BC
The Main Event
Assistant Coach
And1: 576

Post#58 » by The Main Event » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:12 pm

_Mantofini_ wrote:
COY0607 wrote:paul jones just said this on the fan.....he said pierce told him this personally

Top 3 as in best environment at the stadium or is he talking about the city itself? I can understand if it's the stadium because, overall, the crowd is mostly good here and gets into the game. Somehow, I don't see him actually believing that Toronto is a top 3 city. Then again he probably knew that Paul was from the Toronto media and just tossed the name in there to kiss some tail.

If he said that to a reporter in another city I'd be more impressed...

?? Name the top 5 cities then.

Here's how i would rank them -

NY
LA
MIA
TOR
DAL

Do you honestly believe that Toronto is not a good city in comparison to other NBA cities? Last time i checked Toronto is one of the nicest cities in North America.

Im sure he really needed to kiss Pauls ass. After all, Paul is such an influential sports analyst. :o
"A particular shot or way of moving the ball can be a player's personal signature, but efficiency of performance is what wins the game for the team."
- Pat Riley
postup
Sixth Man
And1: 267

Post#59 » by postup » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:26 pm

scobes wrote:Top 3 Places to play as a visiting team. For the restaurants, nightlife, etc. I would say Miami, New York, maybe Chicago/LA ahead...

Atlanta.
ImissJordan
General Manager
And1: 967

Post#60 » by ImissJordan » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:12 pm

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone - Toronto is consistently regarded as one of the finest cities in the world to live in and was just recently ranked 10th among all global cities:

1. New York
2. London
3. Paris
4. Tokyo
5. Hong Kong
6. Los Angeles
7. Singapore
8. Chicago
9. Seoul
10. Toronto

Return to Toronto Raptors