ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: As the boos rain down

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,540

Re: PG: As the boos rain down 

Post#141 » by DG88 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:49 am

Wow how quick the Jay Triano supporters have fallen. This was just a bad game the bucks completely out worked us today we play no defense and the worse part is that we settled waaaaaay too much. I loved O'Neal's play today even when he got his second tech I loved how he just decked CV. I knew that even if we beat the bucks our chance to getting to the playoff are almost non existent. Also it this team has done nothing but regress since BC has gotten here. Not saying that BC isn't a great GM but after three years and the team hits a high by winning 47 and then 41 now just 19 as of now it's not a great track record. BC first mistake was signing Jason Kapono, I'm sorry but when you sign a guy for 24 million and he only averages 8 point and traveling you know that's just bad. Though the thing that has really hurt us for these past three seasons has been injuries. It starts from Garbojosa's leg injury, then TJ's injury and Bosh's injuries, now Jose and O'Neal's injuries have cost us many games now. With the way in how things are going this team isn't going anywhere unless we revamp this roster with new blood and a decent wing player.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,540

Post#142 » by DG88 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:50 am

vivekmj10 wrote:
doctaJ_92 wrote:If we learned anything further about our team tonight, we learned that Jose Calderon has eyes.

I'd like to thank Matt Devlin for bringing this to the audiences attention as I(I can only speak for myself, maybe you all knew this???) did not know this the entire time Jose has been on the team.

:lol:

i remember him saying that and i was like..really devlin?? i didn't notice till u pointed it out

Wait Jose has been blind all this time :jawdrop:
Danchan
Banned User
And1: 3,250

Post#143 » by Danchan » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:54 am

dagger wrote:b) don't obsess over two fouls in the first half. As usual, nobody ended up fouling out.

the fear for fouling is pretty (Please Use More Appropriate Word). i understand if you got your defensive anchor in foul trouble in the first half. but no one on the raptors is in that catergory. even if bosh picks up his fifth he can still produce on the offensive end, it's not like he's doing much on D anyways.
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#144 » by Hendrix » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:02 am

They we're saying Booooo-osh.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
RapsBulls4evr
Lead Assistant
And1: 2

Post#145 » by RapsBulls4evr » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:06 am

Depressing. Word of advice, remember its only a "game" (and the people playing this game make millions of dollars), no need to make your body suffer with depression/anxiety because of this "game", not healthy. We all know this season is a failure, so no need to go crazy. :)
RapsVC15
RealGM
And1: 424

Post#146 » by RapsVC15 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:43 am

Watched the first half before I had to head off to work, man Triano sure knows how to kill a guys flow.

Why the hell would you sit a guy that was absolutely on fire in the first? 13 pts, 5/7 shooting, and he gets a seat on the bench?

Leave him out there ****.

Let's see what this teams made of, the season is won or lost in the next 5 games.
RapsHK
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#147 » by RapsHK » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:40 am

In the post-game interview Triano took responsibility for not managing Bargnani's minutes well. Hopefully he learns from his mistakes.
TheRealMacDaddy
Banned User
And1: 22

Post#148 » by TheRealMacDaddy » Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:42 am

MrBojangelz71 wrote:
DJ Bananas wrote:JO ready to punch some hair onto CV's head.

Begs the question. Is there anyone else on this team that has the fire that JO has?
I for one would hate to see him go and would love to see what he brings to the ACC when the playoff crowd is going nuts. Problem is, unless this team stops pooping the bed there ain't going to be any playoffs

thats not what begs the question means!!!!!!!!
sorry to be like that but its such pseudo-intellectualism to use terms that you dont even know what they mean
sorry again but it has to be pointed out
Tom Baker
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#149 » by Tom Baker » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:09 am

TheRealMacDaddy wrote:
MrBojangelz71 wrote:
DJ Bananas wrote:JO ready to punch some hair onto CV's head.

Begs the question. Is there anyone else on this team that has the fire that JO has?
I for one would hate to see him go and would love to see what he brings to the ACC when the playoff crowd is going nuts. Problem is, unless this team stops pooping the bed there ain't going to be any playoffs

thats not what begs the question means!!!!!!!!
sorry to be like that but its such pseudo-intellectualism to use terms that you dont even know what they mean
sorry again but it has to be pointed out

Okay, "begs the question".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question (As far as one believes in Wiki.)

In contemporary usage, "begging the question" often refers to an argument where the premises are as questionable as the conclusion.

In popular usage, "begging the question" is often used to mean that a statement invites another obvious question. This usage is stated to be incorrect in The Oxford Guide to English Usage, 1st edition;[5] "raises the question" is suggested as a more appropriate alternative

So it is the incorrect usage. However, no need to jump all over him. I've only ever heard it used the incorrect way all my life. This is the first I hear of the "correct" usage. Guess we should all be reading the Oxford Guide to English Usage more often. Not like this is an obvious mistake, like "yous guys". Looks like most people misuse it.
doogie88
Junior
And1: 71

Post#150 » by doogie88 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:03 am

Props to JO, love to see that. He had enough, he drew the line. As stupid as it sounds, that game alone, I hope they do not trade him.
doogie88
Junior
And1: 71

Post#151 » by doogie88 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:05 am

Duncanfan wrote:
Basically JO blasted CV for not respecting him by saying "he doesn't weigh much" and shouldn't be talking to JO like that..

Obviously you need to learn how to read between the lines.
WildWolfdog
Junior
And1: 293

Post#152 » by WildWolfdog » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:00 am

doctaJ_92 wrote:If we learned anything further about our team tonight, we learned that Jose Calderon has eyes.

I'd like to thank Matt Devlin for bringing this to the audiences attention as I(I can only speak for myself, maybe you all knew this???) did not know this the entire time Jose has been on the team.

LOLOL! I thought that was hilarious too - especially the awkward pause afterwards.
Coming on RealGm reminds me how much I hate our **** up annoying tweener "the sky falls everyday in Raptorland" fanbase.
6_Rings
RealGM
And1: 2,891

Post#153 » by 6_Rings » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:58 pm

i wonder why you guys didn't pull the trigger on the Marion-JO trade. losing to a Redd-less Bucks?
El Turco wrote:Nothing wrong with men shaking their ass while other men in tights jump on top of each other.
TheMainEvent
Analyst
And1: 1,814

Post#154 » by TheMainEvent » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:19 pm

Haha, the highlight of the game for me was the Devlin comment.

"JOSE CALDERON HAS EYES!"

Incredible.
Good Lord, the little stoner's got a point.
TheMainEvent on Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:03 pm wrote:I say the Raptors win the championship in 2019.
HumbleBumbleBee
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#155 » by HumbleBumbleBee » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:49 pm

What happened to the team I love? Someone please tell me...
Got Raps FanFiction?
JohnnyFlame
Rookie
And1: 254

Post#156 » by JohnnyFlame » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:01 pm

Not even worth looking at the facets of the game whether it be coaching, players, refs etc.

Frankly they all amount to less than nothing. The up's and downs of them all not even slightly relevant.

The problem remains the same for three years running now. With player changes, coaching changes etc. The team has no character. Bosh symbolizes it but it's far from just him. The signs were all there last game. No defense and no intensity.

Which is the neverending story. Any team that rolls in(any team with any record) and ups the pressure and physical play is virtually guaranteed a win. They quite simply never fail but to crumble, look frustrated and inept and fold the tents.

They have more chances to show some cajones and maybe JO can lead them by example but history keeps showing this team just does not have the will to compete.
WD-40
Banned User

Post#157 » by WD-40 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:04 pm

5th Lets hope for some good luck at the lottery.

This season was an utterly disgusting failure and i look forward to the next 4 losses contributing to our lottery contention. Thank you

:thumbsup:

The team rolls over in the regular season, I see no reason they wont in the playoffs too. Fingers crossed for the lottery.

Happy to see JO get mad at CV there. Gave me a good laugh. I appreciate Oneals presence this year.

“You can be tough when the camera is on and the ref controls the game but at the end of the day he just doesn’t weigh enough to speak to me any kind of way,” O’Neal said.

Exactly what I was thinking.
mAddprOps
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#158 » by mAddprOps » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:38 pm

Hendrix wrote:They we're saying Booooo-osh.

Great reference to a great episode.
MjM2xTreMe
Analyst
And1: 11

Post#159 » by MjM2xTreMe » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:22 pm

mAddprOps wrote:
Hendrix wrote:They we're saying Booooo-osh.

Great reference to a great episode.

are you saying boo or boo-urns?
logitech
Ballboy

Post#160 » by logitech » Sun Feb 1, 2009 12:20 am

Long time reader first time poster from australia. To be honest i think J.O should stay. He was brought here to rebound block shots and do what he did last nite. Just because the team is underperforming a trade J.O bandwagon started. As for Bosh, yes he had a bad game but we should never be talking of trading him. when his playing at his best his capable of a 30 point game and his the only way of attracting any good FA's in 2010. 1st thing i see wrong is the teams lack of toughness. Instead of watching as someone drives and scores DEFEND attempt to block him ur either gonna block it or foul him hard and hes going to rember it either way. Do whta J.O did. see ur teamate take a hit from Jefferson with no whistle put him to the floor. establish and hold ur position too. 2nd. enough jump shots. DRIVE!! they'll find themselves at the foul line a lot more as well as more entertaining team to watch. 3rd BC is done. His poor decisions have left us in this position with 3 and occasionaly 4 good players in Bosh, Calderon and O'neal (bargs being the occasional) His tried to turn this into a europen styled team where everyone can (and does) shoot jump shots with little penitration to the basket. might as well watch bball in aust if u want that cause our league is a 3pt shoot out. Id put Bargnani and any other bench player up for trade for a wing any wing. Our final problem is coaching. dnt bench hot players. Yell at ur team when there playn **** motivate them get them playn defence cause atm its pathetic.

Return to Toronto Raptors