ImageImageImageImageImage

Blow It Up

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Blow It Up 

Post#101 » by 420520620720 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:06 pm

J Dilla wrote:Did you guys already forget what Bosh was doing early in the season? He was dropping 30's with ease, and was probably the best player in the league at that time. Right after the coaching change (where BC **** it up), he hasn't been able to come back to that level, but it does tell you something that he could be a 30ppg player. The pick n roll with Jose and Bosh was deadly, and it worked quite well for both of them. And all of this was with JO on the court. Mitchell just got the best out of the 3.

I was convinced that Bosh is worth 20 million dollars early in the season. It will be stupid to trade him to another team, and watch him explode there. I just think Bryan Colangelo has **** this team up too much. 1) He already had a **** roster, but didn't want to admit it. 2) The coach had his core going, but he decided to fire him after being .500. 3) He hasn't acquired any slasher (at PG,SG, or SF)

Blame Bosh all you want, but its really on Colangelo.

+1

Any blow up has to start with replacing colangelo.He couldnt get the unbelievable amount of building blocks he was given to start with in two years of tanking.Then we are what Five years into colangelo to get the building blocks we gave him in the first place.

He has no choice but to forge ahead.Besides osh and jose are just fine to build around.Colangelo just hasnt bothered to do it.He spent all the cap space he started with on renta euros -then made a decent move for oneil but obviously never considered it more than a rental since hes bailing already or looking to.
Hes unlikely to get the first overall pick to screw up again.
Where is the team building ???
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,533

Post#102 » by TheRaptor! » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:34 pm

J Dilla wrote:Did you guys already forget what Bosh was doing early in the season? He was dropping 30's with ease, and was probably the best player in the league at that time. Right after the coaching change (where BC **** it up), he hasn't been able to come back to that level, but it does tell you something that he could be a 30ppg player. The pick n roll with Jose and Bosh was deadly, and it worked quite well for both of them. And all of this was with JO on the court. Mitchell just got the best out of the 3.

I was convinced that Bosh is worth 20 million dollars early in the season. It will be stupid to trade him to another team, and watch him explode there. I just think Bryan Colangelo has **** this team up too much. 1) He already had a **** roster, but didn't want to admit it. 2) The coach had his core going, but he decided to fire him after being .500. 3) He hasn't acquired any slasher (at PG,SG, or SF)

Blame Bosh all you want, but its really on Colangelo.

Bosh was dropping 30s with ease? Yea, well why don't we take a look at the minutes played? BC only chose to fire Sam because of our record, ya know, the team where Bosh dropped 30s with ease and still lost.
Banned User

Post#103 » by 420520620720 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:41 pm

I dont think sam was fired because of our record.IF bc gave a crap about our record he would have replaced sam with a legitimate coach. there had to be a lot more to it.
TheRaptor!
General Manager

Post#104 » by TheRaptor! » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:43 pm

420520620720 wrote:I dont think sam was fired because of our record.IF bc gave a crap about our record he would have replaced sam with a legitimate coach. there had to be a lot more to it.

BC said our team had the most talent on paper, we also won 3 in a row to start the season,I'm pretty sure BC expected us to start winning as soon as Sam was shown the door.
OlFlashy
Rookie
And1: 363

Post#105 » by OlFlashy » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:00 pm

Carlos Rogers wrote:Blow the whole thing up...

So Boshs overrated stock is at a peak and we can get a great package and not lose and gamble
and not get Anything in return...

When will 5 year olds stop posting here.

If you trade Bosh, what makes you think the awesome talent we'll get in return will want to stay in Toronto as well?

If Bosh walks, big whoop. That leaves us with money to sign another all-star. Since Bosh is so overrated in your opinion, why not just spend the money on a REAL all-star talent when he leaves?

My bet it NONE of Lebron, Wade or Bosh will change teams, but if you really don't like anyone on our roster, just pick a new favourite team with a roster you do like.
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#106 » by hsb » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:07 pm

Remember when this team traded for JO.

People liked the play because it was a short term risk. If it didn't work his contract would end in 2010. Now that the team is performing poorly, no one can handle it even though they thought they could.
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
TheRaptor!
General Manager

Post#107 » by TheRaptor! » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:16 pm

OlFlashy wrote:
Carlos Rogers wrote:Blow the whole thing up...

So Boshs overrated stock is at a peak and we can get a great package and not lose and gamble
and not get Anything in return...

When will 5 year olds stop posting here.

If you trade Bosh, what makes you think the awesome talent we'll get in return will want to stay in Toronto as well?

If Bosh walks, big whoop. That leaves us with money to sign another all-star. Since Bosh is so overrated in your opinion, why not just spend the money on a REAL all-star talent when he leaves?

My bet it NONE of Lebron, Wade or Bosh will change teams, but if you really don't like anyone on our roster, just pick a new favourite team with a roster you do like.

When will people stop insulting others that think trading Bosh will benefit the team?
Banned User

Post#108 » by 420520620720 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:53 pm

Didnt babcock prove to you all what a great career move trading your franchise player for pieces is?
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#109 » by timdunkit » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:00 pm

hsb wrote:Remember when this team traded for JO.

People liked the play because it was a short term risk. If it didn't work his contract would end in 2010. Now that the team is performing poorly, no one can handle it even though they thought they could.

JO does not mean capspace for the Raptors in 2010. The Caphold on Bosh and Bargnani completely takes that out of the picture ...
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#110 » by Death Knight » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:15 pm

420520620720 wrote:Didnt babcock prove to you all what a great career move trading your franchise player for pieces is?

How can you even compare? That trade was the biggest travesty in the history of mankind.

Return to Toronto Raptors