ImageImageImageImageImage

Poll:Rate BC's performance so far

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

How well do you think BC has done so far?

Perfect
5%
Satisfactory
24%
Mediocre
61%
Too early to tell
10%

Total votes: 119

squeekysneakers
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Poll:Rate BC's performance so far 

Post#41 » by squeekysneakers » Sun Feb 1, 2009 8:22 pm

I think he has been fine. This year is incredibly frustrating no argument from me but three yeaqrs ago this team was an epic disaster. The last 2 years we have been in the playoffs with a legit reason to expect even more from them.

BC had troubles when he first started with PHO as well going with Kidd and then eventually realized his mistake and went with Nash. He has an opportunity in 2010 to do a moderate do-over with this franchise because he has not saddled us with long term contracts that are untrade-able. JO will be gone some time between now and 2010 as will half of the team. This will give us substantial money to spend to help rebuild. He hasn't made too many errors in his player signings (save Kapono and Fred Jones) and I expect him to spend the money well.

JO trade - not quite what was expected but still a much more valuable contract in 2010 than TJ Ford's ever will be. Plus we can re-sign rasho this off-season if we want to.

Kapono was a nice thought at the time b ut has turned into a mistake his contract will become valuable after 2010 when the raps will (in theory) be back to winning ways.

I think he needs more time but the big plus for him is that he has changed the culture of basketball in this town and the expectations are higher because of it. This year is an epic failure but I don't think you get rid of the GM until he, at least, is able to bring in his own coach and try to correct some of his errors.
miruss2001
Lead Assistant
And1: 335

Re: Poll:Rate BC's performance so far 

Post#42 » by miruss2001 » Sun Feb 1, 2009 8:59 pm

Cassius wrote:
Basically, we've gone from being a laughingstock to a team that is disappointing.

Lineup for medals starts on the left.

Quote of the year right here.

Anyone who thinks this is anything less than a failure is kidding themselves.

Return to Toronto Raptors