ImageImageImageImageImage

Maybe Raps loss against Milwaukee is not totally our fault

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

RiceItUp
Junior
And1: 0

Maybe Raps loss against Milwaukee is not totally our fault 

Post#1 » by RiceItUp » Sun Feb 1, 2009 5:38 am

K remember when Raps lost to Redd-less Milwaukee and posters on Real GM were talking about tanking and trading Bosh? Well guess what Milwaukee actually won against Hawks, one of the better teams in Eastern Conference. Not that Im saying Toronto didnt have any flaws there, but you could tell that Jose was having an off night and stuff. (<--- thats trivial point) What I really wanna say is that maybe without Redd they share the bball a lot better (more team chemistry and more flow). Any thoughts?
carmelo115
Rookie
And1: 95

Re: Maybe Raps loss against Milwaukee is not totally our fault 

Post#2 » by carmelo115 » Sun Feb 1, 2009 5:42 am

I think it has more to do with us being a terrible team rather than Milwaukee finding team chemistry out of thin-air.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,407

Post#3 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Feb 1, 2009 5:43 am

Redd is just a chucker, but we're still awful for losing to them. The Hawks are not an elite team by any means either so this doesn't make me feel much better.
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#4 » by Yosemite Dan » Sun Feb 1, 2009 5:43 am

Then what's the other 28 reasons why we've lost.
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#5 » by hsb » Sun Feb 1, 2009 5:46 am

Atlanta is 18-5 at home, they are a different team on the road.
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
RiceItUp
Junior

Post#6 » by RiceItUp » Sun Feb 1, 2009 6:08 am

thanks for the info dude... now that makes me wanna panic
raptorsfan1995
Junior
And1: 1

Post#7 » by raptorsfan1995 » Sun Feb 1, 2009 6:17 am

carmelo115 wrote:I think it has more to do with us being a terrible team rather than Milwaukee finding team chemistry out of thin-air.

+1
We showed no heart or hustle till the last 6 mins.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,312

Post#8 » by Mags FTW » Sun Feb 1, 2009 8:57 am

ATL was on the road minus Horford, instead of being at home at full strength.
Natural11
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#9 » by Natural11 » Sun Feb 1, 2009 12:30 pm

We sucked and it was our fault.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,094

Post#10 » by tecumseh18 » Sun Feb 1, 2009 12:59 pm

It will be fun to see how history judges the CV-TJ trade. Right now, a case could be made that this year the Raps and Bucks are going in different directions because of that trade and its aftermath. Bill Simmons got it right the first time!

CV was 27-7-6 last night following up his great game in Toronto the night before. IIRC, his PER this year is in the 19-20 range. He sure looks soft, and clearly wouldn't be the answer to the Raps lack of toughness. But he was willing to verbally mix it up on Friday with JO - who on the Raps (besides JO) would do that?

Meanwhile, JO's presence back in the line-up disrupts the chemistry of the Raps. Triano admitted that he couldn't keep Bargnani going in Q2 on Friday because of the minute allocation problem - i.e. juggling Bargs, all-star Bosh and the need to both involve and showcase JO. Of course, last year the return of TJ seemed to kill the chemistry and spoil the season. Yes, a case can be made that TJ is better than Jose, or that a healthy JO is better than 24-year-old Bosh as a two-way player. But if their presence makes for a lesser team, then they both have (had) to go.

So Toronto has been hurt by the trade for two of the three seasons since. Of course, CV and Bosh could not co-exist as starters, so some trade had to be made that year, but I will always wonder if CV would have been more attractive to Boston than Sebastian Telfair in exchange for their 06 draft pick.
Marvin!
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 806

Post#11 » by Marvin! » Sun Feb 1, 2009 1:36 pm

RiceItUp wrote:K remember when Raps lost to Redd-less Milwaukee and posters on Real GM were talking about tanking and trading Bosh? Well guess what Milwaukee actually won against Hawks, one of the better teams in Eastern Conference. Not that Im saying Toronto didnt have any flaws there, but you could tell that Jose was having an off night and stuff. (<--- thats trivial point) What I really wanna say is that maybe without Redd they share the bball a lot better (more team chemistry and more flow). Any thoughts?

no, it's totally your fault.
Platapie
Analyst
And1: 139

Post#12 » by Platapie » Sun Feb 1, 2009 2:05 pm

It will be fun to see how history judges the CV-TJ trade. Right now, a case could be made that this year the Raps and Bucks are going in different directions because of that trade and its aftermath. Bill Simmons got it right the first time!

CV is horrendous defensively and while I have ALWAYS liked him as a player, if he was on this team he would be getting torn to shreds by our fans. Of course, when he's on another squad the same people will probably drool over him.

CV was hands down the most entertaining player we had on our team that year, and it was sad to see him go.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#13 » by J-Roc » Sun Feb 1, 2009 3:20 pm

And maybe if CB sat on the bench, our team would have played better on Friday night. I hope CB's shot is falling this afternoon.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,481

Post#14 » by Brinbe » Sun Feb 1, 2009 3:38 pm

There's no doubt that CV has realized some of his potential and has turned into a consistent player this season, but I still believe that the CV-TJ trade worked out well for us, as TJ played well here and right before the Horford incident he was playing at a high level. Unfortunately, it didn't end well for him. But BC handled the TJ/Jose thing poorly and the resulting TJ/JO trade may almost be as bad as the VC trade and it has already setback our re-development for years to come. I mean, why give up a first-round pick? Still pisses me off...

But you're right in that many of us are under-rating the Bucks. Scott Skiles has totally turned that team around and that he's getting those results from that roster, without arguably their best player in Redd, is proof of how good a coach he really is. I remember that the Bulls with him at the helm, would always whip on us, so perhaps he just knows how to beat us.
Duncanfan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#15 » by Duncanfan » Sun Feb 1, 2009 4:13 pm

Well considering that we needed a PG back then, BC traded CV. So I can't say that the trade was done just to create PT for Andrea, but I wish BC had waited till the training camp and see what he had in Jose before pulling the trigger on that deal. The problem was that BC was caught up in his own hype and wanted to turn things around overnight and although that helped in the short-term, there was no real planning behind it. A CV-AB-CB frontline, although defensively challenged, would have been a nightly nightmare for opposing teams had the combination been kept around. Couple that with Jose being allowed to grow into his role, we would have had a real solid young core going forward. But thats just hindsight. Whats done is done.

Judging from CV's recent consistently good performances, I think Milwaukee would feel that it got the better of the deal in the long-term should they decide to keep CV around. But the guy's PER is 20.3 for the season and he ranks 10th among forward in PER and 30th overall in the NBA. Not shabby for a guy who's scoring 15.2/6.6 on the season in 24.5 mins per game and 17.5/8.2 as a starter in just 28 mins of PT.
ilovegoats
Junior

Post#16 » by ilovegoats » Sun Feb 1, 2009 5:01 pm

It doesn't take a genius to see that the Bucks play more as a team and so much better without Redd in their lineup. He is a ball-hog, a chucker and honestly a one-dimensional player that ruins their team chemistry.

They are that much better without him. Anybody who doesn't see that on the floor is blind or downright stupid. When the ball comes to Redd, it stops there and then he chucks. If he was only a good chucker.
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#17 » by Volcano » Sun Feb 1, 2009 5:08 pm

Milwaukee, IMO..aren't actually that terrible this year..but they have no star power
RockTHECasbah
Lead Assistant
And1: 10

Post#18 » by RockTHECasbah » Sun Feb 1, 2009 5:14 pm

Redd makes them worse
Know anyone who is disabled? has an addiction?
HandyTax - Your Canadian Disability Tax Credit Consultants
http://www.handytax.ca
Morena R
Analyst
And1: 1
Location: Born in Santo Dominigo,Dominican Rep, But I Go To School In Toronto

Post#19 » by Morena R » Sun Feb 1, 2009 5:37 pm

Raptors lost cause they stink plain and simple

Return to Toronto Raptors