ImageImageImageImageImage

If BC trades Bosh... What would your game plan be?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

TerryTate
Analyst
And1: 1,451

If BC trades Bosh... What would your game plan be? 

Post#1 » by TerryTate » Mon Feb 2, 2009 3:46 pm

Hi all,

Since this has been the big thing in the rapsland news why not create a meaningful discussion on it.
I felt since this is not only trade related, I didn't need to move to trade thread. Mods change thread title as you see fit...

Anyways.... If BC decides on trading Bosh, since he doesn't want to be in TO after 2010....

1) Do you trade Bosh now while he's still coveted? Trade this season or next?
1a) Do you tank the season if we trade Bosh?
2) Do you want to trade JO next year, as his expiring with be more valuable next year?
3) Do you build around Bargs? Do you think he has the ability to become a Dirk or just a better Okur?
3a) If you decide to build around Bargs, does he have the ability to become a franchise or Clutch player?
4) Who do you trade Bosh for?
5) What would your plan be for 2010, since we won't be resigned Bosh?
6) Since we have Bargs @ either PF/C... would you take a PF back? or go for a superstar wing.

Since there are lot of questions with this kind of situation.... what would you if you were BC?

Edit: Let's not turn this into just a crazy trade idea thread, answer the questions and this could turn out to be a decent topic. Posting wild trade ideas does nothing for the conversation.
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,269

Re: If BC trades Bosh... What would your game plan be? 

Post#2 » by Yuri Vaultin » Mon Feb 2, 2009 3:50 pm

Personally, if Bosh is leaving for sure - there are 2 teams I'll target as soon as the season ends. Atlanta, Josh Smith and S&T of Marvin Williams, or Utah for a S&T of Millsap, NY's un-protected 2010 pick and Ronnie Brewer or deals similar to these...
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
derrek
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#3 » by derrek » Mon Feb 2, 2009 3:51 pm

I definitely wouldn't build around Andrea. I think Andrea and Jose are roleplayers, I'd still like someone that is known to accept the pressure of being a franchise player.
Jack Armstrong shouts out my podcast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEw3ZURHBsc
Morena R
Analyst
And1: 1
Location: Born in Santo Dominigo,Dominican Rep, But I Go To School In Toronto

Post#4 » by Morena R » Mon Feb 2, 2009 3:52 pm

Bc isn't going to trade bosh, he's stated that numerous of times.
thegame10
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#5 » by thegame10 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 3:54 pm

if bosh wants to leave then year...marion and mike beasley
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,145

Post#6 » by The Duke » Mon Feb 2, 2009 3:55 pm

1) Do you trade Bosh now while he's still coveted? Trade this season or next?
- NO not now... if anything you wait, else no again
1a) Do you tank the season if we trade Bosh?
- TANK with or without Bosh
2) Do you want to trade JO next year, as his expiring with be more valuable next year?
- YES
3) Do you build around Bargs? Do you think he has the ability to become a Dirk or just a better Okur?
- Dont build around Bargs, unless ur forced to at the moment, meaning hosed in a trade
3a) If you decide to build around Bargs, does he have the ability to become a franchise or Clutch player?
- Yes he has ability but in the end it wont matter with a star wing
4) Who do you trade Bosh for?
- No one right now... players I'd want to move him for are not available
5) What would your plan be for 2010, since we won't be resigned Bosh?
- To much variables to determine...
6) Since we have Bargs @ either PF/C... would you take a PF back? or go for a superstar wing.
- Young talent, any position for Bosh, since a Bosh trade signals 2 years in Lotto (and thats at minimum a good rebuild)
Denisaur9
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#7 » by Denisaur9 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 3:58 pm

TEams dont need a "franchise player" to win, look at the Pistons. If anything some may argue, the lack of a "franchise player" makes for an overall better Team, less selfishness.
Raptorized_Stosh
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by Raptorized_Stosh » Mon Feb 2, 2009 3:58 pm

off the top of my head... here's what I do...

I trade Bosh, O'Neal, & Kapono to Detroit for Hamilton, Prince, & AI...
then in off season let AI go & sign Boozer & Rasho.
I re-sign AP, Delfino, & Joey...

1st Unit- Jose, Rip, Prince, Boozer, Bargs
Bench- Roko, Fino, AP, Joey, Hump, Rasho

....oh and luxury tax be damned
bargs4mvp
Analyst
And1: 3,042

Post#9 » by bargs4mvp » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:00 pm

i love that phoenix trade, and i think that would be great for both teams
Blazer_2458
Bench Warmer
And1: 45

Post#10 » by Blazer_2458 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:01 pm

Starts and ends with Blake Griffin.
Then trade everyone not named Andrea,Joey, Roko, JAwai for players that play defence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: forgot BARGS
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,540

Post#11 » by DG88 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:03 pm

Denisaur9 wrote:TEams dont need a "franchise player" to win, look at the Pistons. If anything some may argue, the lack of a "franchise player" makes for an overall better Team, less selfishness.

You could argue that Billups was their franchise player since he was the team leader. Now look at that team without him. It's just that that team felt that everyone was equal, no one was above or below anyone on the team.
TerryTate
Analyst

Post#12 » by TerryTate » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:04 pm

Personally, I say Trade Bosh this year or next....
JO, if a good deal comes up... take it.
I have questions about building around Bargs.... I have faith in him, but not necessarily guiding the team.
Don't want to tank....at all....

There are numerous teams that want Bosh.... Det, NY, maybe Cavs, maybe Miami, Lakers, NJ??
Maybe we could pull a trade now... lol
ska
Senior
And1: 2

Post#13 » by ska » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:13 pm

I will try to build a team that have the following:
6 player earning around Jose salary: 8.5-9 M all good player, young with potential. Jose and AB other to be found but for 8.5 M I think we can find some nice player
3 rookies: jaway, roko+2009 pick
3 veteran / role player: Joey, Parker & Rasho

and Raps will be safer if one of those decide not to re-sign. May be we will not win the championship but we will be competitive in the playoff.
oh, and a coach with a gameplan will be needed.
Sloan isn't coming here but someone like him.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#14 » by J-Roc » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:14 pm

If the guy has mentally checked out...ie. given his two week's notice....you trade him now. Get other teams bidding before the trade deadline. Ideally, we need to get a wing player who you can give the ball to in crunch time. Not Gerald Wallace or Corey Maggette. Would Portland trade Brandon Roy for Bosh?? Guess not. How about Granger? Heck, Rudy gay. I'm talking about those guys as centrpieces, with lots of other stuff filled in (for money, but also picks).
TerryTate
Analyst

Post#15 » by TerryTate » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:16 pm

J-Roc wrote:If the guy has mentally checked out...ie. given his two week's notice....you trade him now. Get other teams bidding before the trade deadline. Ideally, we need to get a wing player who you can give the ball to in crunch time. Not Gerald Wallace or Corey Maggette. Would Portland trade Brandon Roy for Bosh?? Guess not. How about Granger? Heck, Rudy gay. I'm talking about those guys as centrpieces, with lots of other stuff filled in (for money, but also picks).

Hmmmm good, point we could get a bidding war, before trade deadline... didn't think of that
Do you think ATL will part with J.Smith??? I do know he did not like ATL management.
J.Smith + M.Williams? I'd like someone to build around.... I think those 2 + Bargs + Calderon, would be a nice team....

J.Smith, LA, R.Gay, Granger proven young stud talents?? I'm not sure if we can make teams part with their studs for Bosh.
jonny three time
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,246

Post#16 » by jonny three time » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:17 pm

I'd go "all-in" with the International players (still have American players on the team, but make sure they can play a quicker pace in the half court sets). Build the team to have that frantic pace of ball movement and try to not even need a 25 ppg type guy. If Andrea can score 18, bring in a guy who can score 18, Calderon and hopefully another player or 2 who can score 13-15 etc.

When I was watching the Olympics this year I found myself wondering what type of NBA success the Spanish national team would have if they played in the league as a team. Well we can find out, not necessarily by getting that exact team here, but that type of team without a slower more iso oriented American player on it who force guys to play down to their speed (American players who can function in our type of team should be brought in for sure, but be sure they can). With Bosh and O'neal as trading assets, even Kapono will only have 2 years left on his deal this summer, you can get good players and have a whole rotation of guys who really play a FIBA style of offense. It's worth a try considering the other options the team has moving forward.
vancityballer
Rookie
And1: 153

Post#17 » by vancityballer » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:34 pm

I would give CB4 his ticket out of town now if he has already actually issued his guarantee to walk in 2010. This guy is worth a lot in many GM's eyes and is a franchise PF. Unfortunately, he has been complaining about the fans and putting the blame on them. Does he truthfully believe that will make us cheer him louder?
I don't personally know Chris Bosh. I have seen him for the last 4 seasons as a determined individual looking to leave his mark on the league. Now I have begun to see another side of him. A side that losing has brought out. If he wants to blame external circumstances and other players, then maybe he shouldn't be the focus of the Raps franchise. He needs to look inside himself, watch game tape from when the Raps looked like they had something going (ie. the first three games of the season) and then realize that maybe, just maybe, he has more involvement in this losing environment than he has been willing to admit.
He is a damn good player without a doubt. Is he mentally tough enough to work within a team game, overcome a rookie coaches lack of creativity and battle through low points in both the season and the games? Not from what he has shown us here.

I am rooting for him to put himself together and realize what can be done to improve his game and the team game. I am also expecting him to do it in MIA. Beasley and Marion for CB4.....best value I see out there.
The more posts of yours I read, the dumber I get
Dam
Banned User

Post#18 » by Dam » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:37 pm

Denisaur9 wrote:TEams dont need a "franchise player" to win, look at the Pistons. If anything some may argue, the lack of a "franchise player" makes for an overall better Team, less selfishness.

BINGO!!!

calderon/ukic
josh howard/parker
kirilenko or battier/graham
bargnani/humps
kaman (chandler, camby, dalembert....this player C "type") /jaway...voskul etc..

very good team
kavan
General Manager
And1: 89

Post#19 » by kavan » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:41 pm

Start over but we dont gota worry too much. We got Bargs as are 5. It would clear up the cluster down low. We cant have 2 bigs that play the same game. They both shoot a lot, thats why we dont rebound as well on offence or get second chance points. Other C in the leauge have a field day in the paint because we cant stop them.

By moving Bosh we could easily pick up the best combonation of a 2/3 we ever had. I am talking superstar. JO expiring and Bosh gone?.. What more can you ask for.

But I doubt it happends.
Raptors, Leafs, Jays. #Toronto
Canuck9
Bench Warmer

Post#20 » by Canuck9 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:46 pm

I would trade Bosh this year

and I would move J.O. next year at the deadline to maximize the amount of assets we could get back.

I agree with the mentality of just trying to get 5 or 6 guys who are good players (tayshawn caliber) who make $9M a season and dont hamper your salary cap.

We could deal bosh to Golden state for Biedrins + Bellinelli or Ellis + Wright/Randolph

either way we get a big man in return plus a wing scorer, which is what we need.

If bosh isnt guaranteed to re-sign i think you move him at this deadline, you will get more assets out of a team if they can have him for more than a season. Dallas would be a good option but i dont think Josh howard + is enough for Bosh and they likely wouldnt do Howard + Terry.

Return to Toronto Raptors