ImageImageImageImageImage

Why is Calderon playing when he's injured?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

raptorballa
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: Why is Calderon playing when he's injured? 

Post#21 » by raptorballa » Wed Feb 4, 2009 3:56 am

I personally don't think Jose is actually injured. It's the lack of confidence and energy that the team has. When a team lacks confidence and energy, it feeds off through all the players, making them perform poorly throughout games.
Darrick Martin
Starter
And1: 3

Post#22 » by Darrick Martin » Wed Feb 4, 2009 3:59 am

He's just packing it in now that he has his contract
“On paper, in terms of just pure talent, I would say, yes, this is the best team we’ve had,” - Bryan Colangelo (Sep 29, 2008)
choomag
Starter
And1: 2,006

Post#23 » by choomag » Wed Feb 4, 2009 3:59 am

Toronto Busthrowers at it again! Wasnt it last week that you were all on his side?

Man what "fans" we have here.
_Mantofini_
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#24 » by _Mantofini_ » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:17 am

Darrick Martin wrote:Maybe he isn't 100%

I gotta think that's the case. Somebody earlier said it's because T.J.'s gone and there's no competition. When T.J. was out injured, Jose didn't have any competition either. He still played well. I don't like Jack and Leo always blaming the injury but, at the same time, TSN/Score/CBC make money from ad revenues. If Jack and Leo start spewing stuff about how horrible this team is and how there's no chance and there's no point to watching the games, then the ratings will go down and companies will stop paying ad money. Not to mention the fact that both Jack and Leo are partially employed by Raps TV as well.

It's hard to fault Jose though. He tried to rehab slowly and the team sucked. The season was slipping away. He came back to try and fight for a playoff spot. I honestly believe that, until a few games ago, the Raps thought they had a legit shot at the playoffs. I gotta assume at some point soon that if we lose a whole bunch in a row again they just sit Jose and develop Roko. Get some minutes for Jawai and Joey. Also, we need to decide if the JO experiment is entirely worth abandoning. Maybe we can spend the rest of the year trying to find a rotation and system that can get all 3 guys going in games and apply it next year with some wing upgrades (unlikely).

To me, Moon, Solomon and Kapono have proven that they don't belong in the NBA. AP only if he comes off the bench for min money.
Ballin
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#25 » by Ballin » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:18 am

choomag wrote:Toronto Busthrowers at it again! Wasnt it last week that you were all on his side?

No I believe that was the media telling us how much of an impact player he is and that he's the best thing since sliced bread when he's 100%. That was of course when we had a 3-game win streak against some pretty bad ass teams such as Sacramento and Chicago.
18 Parkerville
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#26 » by 18 Parkerville » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:25 am

Ballin wrote:
choomag wrote:Toronto Busthrowers at it again! Wasnt it last week that you were all on his side?

No I believe that was the media telling us how much of an impact player he is and that he's the best thing since sliced bread when he's 100%. That was of course when we had a 3-game win streak against some pretty bad ass teams such as Sacramento and Chicago.

You forgot our hard fought 1 point victory over the mighty New Jersey Nets
Jose "Hammy" Calderon - where Gatorade at the half clouding rational judgment happens, and where "hamstring" injuries linger all season long.

Return to Toronto Raptors