ImageImageImageImageImage

Kapono gets green light to shoot

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

inrapscity
General Manager
And1: 62

Re: Kapono gets green light to shoot 

Post#41 » by inrapscity » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:17 pm

green light, no light. kapono's pretty much crap.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#42 » by LLJ » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:00 pm

pspot wrote:
Tommy Gun wrote:Smitch had it right to limit this guy's minutes + shots. I remember how soundly bashed Smith was on this board because he wasnt getting Kapono on the floor enough, running enoug plays for him or making him a focal point of the offense :lol:

What about the Orlando series? there was this big revilation that Kapono could be effective. In my opinion he stepped up, was hitting his shots and the team fed him. Which is how it should work. I believe he can be an effective weapon

Yeah, but he was still averaging under 15 shots a game. He is an effective guy to receive kickouts, but he is not a volume shooter.
Miras
Junior
And1: 0

Post#43 » by Miras » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:05 pm

Green light to shoot?
how many green lights can there be on Kapono's head?
besides, its not like he is good at anything else, what a freaking joke.
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#44 » by 99 Problems » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:11 pm

Kapono is useless on a team where there aren't multiple star players to act as decoys.. He needs to be the worst player on the floor, not together with the likes of Moon and others... He can't be a scorer on his own, his best bet is too feed off of the actions of others.. And I'm talking about perimeter players that slash.. Coming off a screen and shooting, or anything else that will involve him potentially dribbling will kill his shot.. Unless Triano manages to turn Jose and AP into CP3 and D-Wade overnight, Kapono won't be able to score consistently..
DarthBane
Senior

Post#45 » by DarthBane » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:21 pm

Warya wrote:Kapono is useless on a team where there aren't multiple star players to act as decoys.. He needs to be the worst player on the floor, not together with the likes of Moon and others... He can't be a scorer on his own, his best bet is too feed off of the actions of others.. And I'm talking about perimeter players that slash.. Coming off a screen and shooting, or anything else that will involve him potentially dribbling will kill his shot.. Unless Triano manages to turn Jose and AP into CP3 and D-Wade overnight, Kapono won't be able to score consistently..

Is he not already the worst player on the floor?

If an NBA player requires multiple stars (see: Shaq + D-Wade) to be on the floor just so they can get an open look, then they don't deserve to be in the NBA. There are tons of players who can hit a wide open 3-pointer and most of them can play defense better than Kapono too. Kapono would be wise to start practicing contested jumpers.

That said, you're right, he does need multiple stars just to keep him semi-effective. Teams like SAS, Boston, Washington could use him a lot better than we could.
Bang' Em Smurf
Sixth Man

Post#46 » by Bang' Em Smurf » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:33 pm

If Kapono needs to be reminded to shoot, he's dumber than he looks and that's pretty dumb
Natural11
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#47 » by Natural11 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:30 pm

Why didn't he have the green light earlier in the year? Isn't shooting the only reason he's on the floor?
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#48 » by J-Roc » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:34 pm

Natural11 wrote:Why didn't he have the green light earlier in the year? Isn't shooting the only reason he's on the floor?

Could we really expect much difference in coaching between Smitch and his assistant coach?
ranger001
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,752

Post#49 » by ranger001 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:30 am

Return of kapwno. You guys doubted.
ghuytro
RealGM
And1: 1,050

Post#50 » by ghuytro » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:41 am

I don't think I saw him take more than 1 dribble the whole game - YES!!!!
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#51 » by Death Knight » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:53 am

Showcasing indeed..............a trade is on the horizon! Yes!!!!!!!!
TOStateofMind
RealGM
And1: 21,339

Post#52 » by TOStateofMind » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:58 am

John Legend even made a song for him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1kqOuM0FoU

The ACC should play the song everytime he makes a shot.
sule
RealGM
And1: 34,205

Post#53 » by sule » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:12 am

he'd be effective if we ran more, that way he could be the trailer, and just get fed once he hit the 3pt line, and quickly throw a 3-bomb...that's essentially what he did in the Orlando series (at least from what i remember).

the fact that he runs up the court is one of the reasons why the defense establishes itself against him so fast. Add in Calderon's inability to even start running a play before the 12-15 second mark on the shot-clock, and the lack of quick ball-movement around the perimeter, and you have an ineffective Kapono.

On the other hand, it's pretty sad that you need so many things to go right just to make him effective in-game.

Return to Toronto Raptors