ImageImageImageImageImage

Ridiculous NCAA statistic

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,384

Re: Ridiculous NCAA statistic 

Post#21 » by Tha Cynic » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:29 pm

The Raptors know that the NCAA exists?
Kobe Bryant: “You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
marcroboy
Veteran
And1: 14

Post#22 » by marcroboy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:31 pm

Strong post moves.
The statement below is true

The statement above is false
RapsFanTO
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#23 » by RapsFanTO » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:32 pm

PJ tucker anyone....???
props to Turbo_Zone
victor page
Junior
And1: 26

Post#24 » by victor page » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:38 pm

Dajuan Blair plays limited minutes mostly because of foul trouble. Also remember that NCAA games are shorter than NBA games, don't forget that.

He's got a good touch around the basket but no outside shot yet.

I think the difference between Blair and PJ Tucker is that, while both are a few inches shorter than your protypical NBA power forward, Blair is as wide as he is tall and won't be overmatched by most NBA forwards.

This draft is a crapshoot and I wouldn't be surprised if Blair shoots up to a lottery pick if he plays well in a good Pitt tournament run. A lot of those guys ranked in the lottery now are frauds.
KingstonRaptors
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#25 » by KingstonRaptors » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:46 pm

He'll probably declare this year considering he's a sophomore, but he could spend another year to polish up his offensive game and declare the following year, to be drafted higher.
Credit to triplemke23 for the sig.
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,605

Post#26 » by StopitLeo » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:26 pm

dillio wrote:PJ Tucker was a smaller guy that was an amazing college rebounder too.

Was a terrible pick with Millsap on the board.
victor page
Junior
And1: 26

Post#27 » by victor page » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:58 pm

Nobody ever heard of Millsap in his draft year - Tucker was a big time college player on a top team. In retrospect the choice was bad but it's hard to second guess passing on a nobody.

Utah's scouting deserves all the credit.
EventHorizon
Assistant Coach
And1: 306

Post#28 » by EventHorizon » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:12 pm

Agree 100% we need to restock our farm, the Raps hardly have any young players. (19-22)
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,933

Post#29 » by ATLTimekeeper » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:30 pm

victor page wrote:Nobody ever heard of Millsap in his draft year - Tucker was a big time college player on a top team. In retrospect the choice was bad but it's hard to second guess passing on a nobody.

Wait, nobody had ever heard of the only player to lead the NCAA in rebounding 3 consecutive years? I wouldn't necessarily think he was off the radar.
Contract Season
General Manager
And1: 31

Post#30 » by Contract Season » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:41 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
victor page wrote:Nobody ever heard of Millsap in his draft year - Tucker was a big time college player on a top team. In retrospect the choice was bad but it's hard to second guess passing on a nobody.

Wait, nobody had ever heard of the only player to lead the NCAA in rebounding 3 consecutive years? I wouldn't necessarily think he was off the radar.

Correct. Lots of people knew about him. Hell, I had a bandwagon on this board going. :lol:
Judas Priest
Junior

Post#31 » by Judas Priest » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:57 pm

Nice find, just23.
New Joey is Born!
ZeriousLy
Lead Assistant
And1: 775

Post#32 » by ZeriousLy » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:06 pm

Contract Season wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:

Correct. Lots of people knew about him. Hell, I had a bandwagon on this board going. :lol:

Wasn't it 4 straight years?
RapsFanInVA
Head Coach
And1: 2,092

Post#33 » by RapsFanInVA » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:08 pm

He's the 2nd coming of Reggie Evans, a useful role player in the league, but nothing spectacular
just23
Rookie

Post#34 » by just23 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:29 am

I like these comparisons I keep seeing to Tucker and Graham. This guy is a better rebounder than both of them. Tucker was very good for his position, however this guy is exceptional. After Griffin he might be the best rebounder in NCAA. Who knows though if Colangelo knows what NCAA is. He's convinced players all come from European leagues.
If we somehow acquired a mid to late first round pick, I'd want Blair or Terrance Williams. He's young athletic and rebounds very well for a 2 guard. Also is apparently a very solid defender for those not familiar with him. I just don't see the Raps improving until they bring in some young players with upside. No more guys with big contracts and injury histories, no more European jump shooters. Kapono would be fine if he didn't have the contract of a much better player. Youth....it's time.

Return to Toronto Raptors