ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors at the Half Interviews

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Raptors at the Half Interviews 

Post#1 » by J-Roc » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:50 am

Anyone watching these now? Is this from the 40 game mark, or are these new?

Anyways, just watching BC talk to Andy Petrillo. Wonder if he realizes she knows more than some of these other people who interview him, like those Fan590 morning show clowns.
HumbleBumbleBee
Analyst
And1: 3

Re: Raptors at the Half Interviews 

Post#2 » by HumbleBumbleBee » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:50 am

and Andi isnt that bad on the eye..
Got Raps FanFiction?
Lucky27
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Lucky27 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:40 am

i like me some Andi...wait that sounds kinda gay.
Andi = better looking Norma Wick
provecy15
Senior
And1: 190

Post#4 » by provecy15 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:52 pm

links to interviews anyone?
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#6 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:17 pm

I did not like what I heard from Bosh at all. Nothing but excuses and refusing to man up, for his bad play. Makes me think he taking a "self imposed break" to recharge, after he "sprained his knee" through "wear and tear?". Leadership just does not come easily to the guy. And where is his willingness to deliver a hard foul? I see a lot of willingness to play pretend D and let his man score greater than there average routinely against him, but I haven't seem many hard fouls. Maybe one this year and that is generous. The the leader, the identity (the current soft identity) coems from him, and he feels the team does know their identity with José out.
People blame the Europeans for our "lack of toughness" all the time. But I've seen Andrea get in the face of Garcia, after a push, I didn't see Bosh get in the grill of Bogut or even Granger. I've seen Jose get in the grill of KG, I've never seen Bosh do that, even though the face in his chest was just as bad as the finger wagging.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,617

Post#7 » by Fairview4Life » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:25 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:I did not like what I heard from Bosh at all. Nothing but excuses and refusing to man up, for his bad play. Makes me think he taking a "self imposed break" to recharge, after he "sprained his knee" through "wear and tear?". Leadership just does not come easily to the guy. And where is his willingness to deliver a hard foul? I see a lot of willingness to play pretend D and let his man score greater than there average routinely against him, but I haven't seem many hard fouls. Maybe one this year and that is generous. The the leader, the identity (the current soft identity) coems from him, and he feels the team does know their identity with José out.
People blame the Europeans for our "lack of toughness" all the time. But I've seen Andrea get in the face of Garcia, after a push, I didn't see Bosh get in the grill of Bogut or even Granger. I've seen Jose get in the grill of KG, I've never seen Bosh do that, even though the face in his chest was just as bad as the finger wagging.

I'm not seeing or hearing any of that. But to each their own.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#8 » by Gold Chain » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:28 pm

Turnpikebandit wrote:http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/teams/raptors/rweb-090212-bc.asx

Colangelo

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?c ... triano.asx

Triano

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?c ... 2-bosh.asx

Bosh

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?c ... rgnani.asx

Bargnani

Many thanks!!!
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#9 » by Gold Chain » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:30 pm

Turnpikebandit wrote:http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?content=video&url=http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/teams/raptors/rweb-090212-bc.asx

Colangelo

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?c ... triano.asx

Triano

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?c ... 2-bosh.asx

Bosh

http://broadband.nba.com/cc/playa.php?c ... rgnani.asx

Bargnani

Double post.
CreaM
Banned User
And1: 1,163

Post#10 » by CreaM » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:48 pm

I did not like what I heard from Bargnani at all. Nothing but excuses and refusing to man up, for his bad play. Makes me think he taking a high maintenance baby and needs to be pampered and fed with a silver spoon in order to produce which he doesn't even do. Nothing comes easily to the guy except taking shots unconsciously and missing most of them. And where is his willingness to play defense and rebound? I see a lot of willingness to play pretend D and let his man score greater than there average routinely against him, but I haven't seem many hard fouls. Maybe one this year and that is generous. The so called "number one pick", the identity (the current soft identity) coems from him.
People blame Bosh for our "lack of toughness" all the time. But I've seen Bosh let his game do the talking and play like and MVP during Sam's tenure as head coach earlier in the season. I've seen Bosh play in 3 all star games. I've seen Bosh play a huge role on the Best team in the World and win a gold medal. I've seen Bosh get several POW and POM awards. I've seen Bosh heralded as a top 5 player in this league by experienced basketball minds. I've seen Bosh placed as untouchable and the guy that the team is being built around even by the GM that drafted Bargnani. I've seen Bosh give it his all for several years as a Toronto Raptor. I've seen Bosh loyal to the organization and re-sign even though everyone and their mothers thought he was going to bolt 3 years ago. I've seen Bosh donate 1 million dollars to the city of Toronto.
AK47Num1
Ballboy

Post#11 » by AK47Num1 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:50 pm

Jay is very well-spoken and seems really knowledgeable about the game. I really like what he said about defense. Is he really that unacceptable? To me, I am comfortable having him for next year and onwards.

Edit: LOL at Jay getting frustrated and going to the bench.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM

Post#12 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:59 pm

CreaM wrote:I did not like what I heard from Bargnani at all. Nothing but excuses and refusing to man up, for his bad play. Makes me think he taking a high maintenance baby and needs to be pampered and fed with a silver spoon in order to produce which he doesn't even do. Nothing comes easily to the guy except taking shots unconsciously and missing most of them. And where is his willingness to play defense and rebound? I see a lot of willingness to play pretend D and let his man score greater than there average routinely against him, but I haven't seem many hard fouls. Maybe one this year and that is generous. The so called "number one pick", the identity (the current soft identity) coems from him.
People blame Bosh for our "lack of toughness" all the time. But I've seen Bosh let his game do the talking and play like and MVP during Sam's tenure as head coach earlier in the season. I've seen Bosh play in 3 all star games. I've seen Bosh play a huge role on the Best team in the World and win a gold medal. I've seen Bosh get several POW and POM awards. I've seen Bosh heralded as a top 5 player in this league by experienced basketball minds. I've seen Bosh placed as untouchable and the guy that the team is being built around even by the GM that drafted Bargnani. I've seen Bosh give it his all for several years as a Toronto Raptor. I've seen Bosh loyal to the organization and re-sign even though everyone and their mothers thought he was going to bolt 3 years ago. I've seen Bosh donate 1 million dollars to the city of Toronto.

I see what you did there, but seriously what does what I have to say about Bosh, have to do with Bargnani? Just because I don't think Bosh is worth the max, does not mean I think we should max Bargnani, but that's all you hear. Can you accept that a person feels this without being racist or biased becasue their feelings about another player. I like both JO and Andrea and they compete with each other for PT. But hey, if that's what you gather for the interview, to each their own. I like Bosh, I just don't think he's a good leader.
Jounster
Banned User

Post#13 » by Jounster » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:12 pm

andi always reminds me just a bit of ashlynn brooke 0_o
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#14 » by J-Roc » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:15 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:I did not like what I heard from Bosh at all. Nothing but excuses and refusing to man up, for his bad play. Makes me think he taking a "self imposed break" to recharge, after he "sprained his knee" through "wear and tear?". Leadership just does not come easily to the guy. And where is his willingness to deliver a hard foul? I see a lot of willingness to play pretend D and let his man score greater than there average routinely against him, but I haven't seem many hard fouls. Maybe one this year and that is generous. The the leader, the identity (the current soft identity) coems from him, and he feels the team does know their identity with José out.

I'm not seeing or hearing any of that. But to each their own.

What I saw was more of the same. CB's solution is always "we gotta bring more intensity..." That sort of jargon doesn't have any meaning after a while. Almost sounds like a guy who won't actually leave in 2010 because he doesn't even know the difference between winning and losing. That's how I saw it.

Andrea...I don't think he ever understands the questions anyways. BC....he does what he always does...ignore the questioner (even Andi) and just rambles on about nothing. I swear he went to some management school. He always says the right things.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,617

Post#15 » by Fairview4Life » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:18 pm

I didn't see anything in it. It seems to me like people will just read whatever they want into an athletes statements.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM

Post#16 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:28 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:I didn't see anything in it. It seems to me like people will just read whatever they want into an athletes statements.

The main thing to me was when he said "we don't know what kind of team we are when José is out". I think a team get's their identity from the leader ( lakers, celtics, mavs, Thunder, heat, Cavs, etc. etc.) The teams that straggle with identity do so becasue they struggle with leadership (philly with Brand, Iggy and Miller) us (Bosh, José, JO) Bulls (Deng, Hinrich, Rose (is coming though). Bosh also when when Jo came in we had to find our identity, well as the leader i think it's his roll to establish it. I just think he has a hard time with it, for whatever reason.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,018

Post#17 » by ItsDanger » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:57 pm

Lets give 110%.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.

Return to Toronto Raptors