ImageImageImageImageImage

BC is 1 for 5 in big moves...

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

bane_dd
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: BC is 1 for 5 in big moves... 

Post#41 » by bane_dd » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:47 pm

LOL @ TJ fanboy making the thread where the only positive move BC has ever made is acquiring TJ. Don't hate the man simply because he traded your hero away. TJ had to go.

Trading for Jermaine O'Neal was an awesome trade because in a roundabout way, you traded Charlie Villanueuva, Matt Bonner and Roy Hibbert for Shawn Marion and Nathan Jawai. Pretty good trade in my eyes as Marion is an All-Star caliber player and the best defender of the group. Not sure if any of the other players involved in the trade will ever reach All-Star status.
Superboy316KING
Banned User

Post#42 » by Superboy316KING » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:47 pm

Too much Banks Hating.
He's 10 times better than ukic and last time i checked we needed a solid backup PG.
youngLion
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#43 » by youngLion » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:53 pm

NEWSFLASH:

This trade just happened TODAY and so we can't evaluate it yet.

But I have to categorically agree with the OP on the point of Marion being a short term, season-saving deal. He'll either resign or give us cap space. Those are both long term deals.
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#44 » by Headliner » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:55 pm

FIRE BC

This was a bad trade, but with the first this trade is absolute nonsense.
This is the second most embarrassing trade i've seen with this franchise. Im officially a BC Hater, and feel fully justified in saying i want him fired.
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,452

Post#45 » by Morris_Shatford » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:56 pm

SHootaR wrote:
Gay at the SF, and Bosh at PF...and a defensive/rebounding/shotblocking centre at centre?? of course i'd take every time. we wouldnt have even needed to trade JO.

Calderon
Parker
Gay
Bosh
JO

u wouldnt rather have that instead of Bargs at the Centre and Marion on the wing???

Personally,
No.

While some folks may believe that JO is going to be healthy and dominate I seem to to recall all the games he missed, and all the games he took getting back into starting to look like old JO before he got hurt again.

Calderon
Parker
Gay
Bosh
Voskuhl

Would be our line-up for about 40 games a season, and of the 42 left how many would be JO games where he was working himself into shape?

I also have to wonder aloud if Gay would get the nearly 18 shot attempts a game he is getting with the Griz in Toronto with Bosh and Calderon in the line-up? really sort of an Apples to Pears comparison?

If Marion pulls down 9rpg coupled with half the turn overs per game as Gay, even at 14ppgs my leaning is still a 18/7 Bargs with Bosh, Marion, Parker and Calderon

Call me crazy,
seanied
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Post#46 » by seanied » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:56 pm

SHootaR wrote:
seanied wrote:
A bit of a one-sided post, not to mention subjective.

..subjective? isnt that what this board is about? giving opinions?

many ppl agreed...u can disagree if u like, thanks for explaining why.

There's just so much to disagree with I don't know where to start. Subjective is good when it's not mixed with one-sided. You leave out all the moves you didn't like (as if BC has made only 5 decisions since joining the Raptors) and you leave out all the good things about the moves that weren't red hot.

Oh, and btw, getting people on this board to agree with negative opinions is no great feat. The Raps have been WINNING games, and RealGMers have declared it a loss. Misery loves company. It makes Misery feel that being miserable was the right choice.
Jules Henri Poincaré wrote:A pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science.
SHootaR
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#47 » by SHootaR » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:58 pm

bane_dd wrote:LOL @ TJ fanboy making the thread where the only positive move BC has ever made is acquiring TJ. Don't hate the man simply because he traded your hero away. TJ had to go.

Trading for Jermaine O'Neal was an awesome trade because in a roundabout way, you traded Charlie Villanueuva, Matt Bonner and Roy Hibbert for Shawn Marion and Nathan Jawai. Pretty good trade in my eyes as Marion is an All-Star caliber player and the best defender of the group. Not sure if any of the other players involved in the trade will ever reach All-Star status.

sounds like a calderclone is mad cuz his hero is proving us "TJfanboys" correct. :(

ur roundabout trade nonsense is horrible. not only did u forget to add in eric williams expiring contract...u fail to realize that charlie V is actually arguably better and definetly more efficient/younger than marion right now...u also conveniently forgot to add that we took on banks nasty contract.

u lost.
big_baller_shot_caller23
Senior

Post#48 » by big_baller_shot_caller23 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:01 pm

what if we drafted Adam Morrison instead

and chuck this is a good trade

"Great trade....they've got the cash..no go out and get Hedo!!!"
SHootaR
Banned User

Post#49 » by SHootaR » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:01 pm

cosmostein wrote:
SHootaR wrote:
Gay at the SF, and Bosh at PF...and a defensive/rebounding/shotblocking centre at centre?? of course i'd take every time. we wouldnt have even needed to trade JO.

Calderon
Parker
Gay
Bosh
JO

u wouldnt rather have that instead of Bargs at the Centre and Marion on the wing???

Personally,
No.

While some folks may believe that JO is going to be healthy and dominate I seem to to recall all the games he missed, and all the games he took getting back into starting to look like old JO before he got hurt again.

Calderon
Parker
Gay
Bosh
Voskuhl

Would be our line-up for about 40 games a season, and of the 42 left how many would be JO games where he was working himself into shape?

I also have to wonder aloud if Gay would get the nearly 18 shot attempts a game he is getting with the Griz in Toronto with Bosh and Calderon in the line-up? really sort of an Apples to Pears comparison?

If Marion pulls down 9rpg coupled with half the turn overs per game as Gay, even at 14ppgs my leaning is still a 18/7 Bargs with Bosh, Marion, Parker and Calderon

Call me crazy,

k dude...theres no sense arguing with u. i notice 95% of this board is so biased with our team its silly. 99% of the population outside of Toronto would take Gay in a heartbeat over Bargs. and thats irregardless of team needs (ie we need a wingman more than a soft Centre). but whatever it's opinion, u have a right to urs.
bane_dd
Banned User

Post#50 » by bane_dd » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:02 pm

SHootaR wrote:
bane_dd wrote:LOL @ TJ fanboy making the thread where the only positive move BC has ever made is acquiring TJ. Don't hate the man simply because he traded your hero away. TJ had to go.

sounds like a calderclone is mad cuz his hero is proving us "TJfanboys" correct. :(

ur roundabout trade nonsense is horrible. not only did u forget to add in eric williams expiring contract...u fail to realize that charlie V is actually arguably better and definetly more efficient/younger than marion right now...u also conveniently forgot to add that we took on banks nasty contract.

u lost.

I don't care much for Calderon and wish BC would trade him just so people like you on this board would just give it up. Besides, when healthy, Calderon has certainly proved his worth to this team and has actually justified his contract.

Eric Williams? Are we seriously talking about Eric Williams? I think that was a conversation ender. Not to mention that you declared the last trade a failure before Marion's flight even landed in Toronto.
seanied
Assistant Coach

Post#51 » by seanied » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:03 pm

SHootaR wrote:u fail to realize that charlie V is actually arguably better than marion right now

Mind if I quote you?
Jules Henri Poincaré wrote:A pile of stones is not a house and a collection of facts is not necessarily science.
bane_dd
Banned User

Post#52 » by bane_dd » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:05 pm

seanied wrote:
SHootaR wrote:u fail to realize that charlie V is actually arguably better than marion right now

Mind if I quote you?

LOL, you should put that in your sig. Charlie V FTW! Never mind that the next time Charlie V decides to play defense it will be his first.
SHootaR
Banned User

Post#53 » by SHootaR » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:05 pm

seanied wrote:

Mind if I quote you?

as long as u quote the actual sentence. but i guess thats what the tabloids do. cut and paste cut and paste.
SHootaR
Banned User

Post#54 » by SHootaR » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:06 pm

bane_dd wrote:
SHootaR wrote:

u lost.

I don't care much for Calderon and wish BC would trade him just so people like you on this board would just give it up. Besides, when healthy, Calderon has certainly proved his worth to this team and has actually justified his contract.

Eric Williams? Are we seriously talking about Eric Williams? I think that was a conversation ender. Not to mention that you declared the last trade a failure before Marion's flight even landed in Toronto.

eric williams EXPIRING CONTRACT. reading comprehension 101.
seanied
Assistant Coach

Post#55 » by seanied » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:08 pm

SHootaR wrote:99% of the population outside of Toronto would take Gay in a heartbeat over Bargs.

Is this National Say Stupid Stuff Day?
SHootaR
Banned User

Post#56 » by SHootaR » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:08 pm

charlie V makes 4.5 mill a year.

marion makes 17 mill a year.

charlie V's stats are similar to marions in 10 less minutes.

debate closed.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,373

Post#57 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:09 pm

If he doesn't trade Bosh for good return by the deadline, I will be ready to accept that he has failed as GM here in Toronto.
SHootaR
Banned User

Post#58 » by SHootaR » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:10 pm

seanied wrote:
SHootaR wrote:99% of the population outside of Toronto would take Gay in a heartbeat over Bargs.

Is this National Say Stupid Stuff Day?

ur agenda in this thread is obvious. the only thing u've provoked from me is hitting the report button!! come again.
TheTorontoGM
Analyst
And1: 66

Post#59 » by TheTorontoGM » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:10 pm

Is there something in the Toronto water that makes every GM we have loss their mind???

This trade is of Babcockian proportions....we basically have given away TJ Ford and two first round picks for Marcus Banks
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#60 » by Clutch Carter » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:12 pm

1. I think that was a bad move personally. Always liked CV.

2. Is somebody picked in the top 5 substantially better then Bargs? I don't think so. Nobody would have picked Roy with the 1st, get over it.

3. Kap makes allot, but he's useful to have. Bad move overall, agreed.

4. JO didn't work out, but TJ is doing nothing, Rasho is Rasho and Hib isn't anything to cry about. It's a wash at best.

5. We will see.

I'm on the fence about trade, but BC has shown the ability to dramatically remake the team without handicapping it in the future.

From what I see, his biggest mistakes are Banks and Kapono. Those are pretty minor as far as I'm concerned.
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

Return to Toronto Raptors