ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Ramifications on current Raptor Players

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Strategist1
Head Coach
And1: 413

Trade Ramifications on current Raptor Players 

Post#1 » by Strategist1 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:36 pm

With this trade, the team will change and certain player' roles will change.

Mainly Bargnani is now given the keys as the full time Center (There's no backing out now)

Ukic as backup PG... His role will definitely be impacted. Will he be the backup?

Graham- There is no competing with Moon anylonger. It looks like he'll have a defined role at least for the rest of the season. Raptors may use him more at the 4 spot now.

Team concepts- Should the Raptors play Small Ball? Run a small lineup when one of Bosh/Bargs needs a rest.

Or should they use Vosh/Hump?

Will Calderon have a good enough vision to make effective alley-oops and passes to a cutting Marion?
Prediction
Spurs in 7. Parker MVP. Lebron 6-17fg, 18pt, 8reb, 5 asst in game 7 LOSS.
The Heat will choke!
boshjonesford
Banned User
And1: 6

Re: Trade Ramifications to current Raptor Players 

Post#2 » by boshjonesford » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:40 pm

i have never gotten this mad after a trade... i wish i could be like some other fans on this board and cheer for another city but i cant.
bingolong
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Post#3 » by bingolong » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:55 pm

boshjonesford wrote:i have never gotten this mad after a trade... i wish i could be like some other fans on this board and cheer for another city but i cant.

Fans who cheer for other cities after trades are pathetic.
I'm not too upset about the trade because I was not a fan of either player. Moon was about as valuable as a $3 whore and JON slowed down our offence. What were we supposed to do with him when Bosh came back? Marion may be a rent-a-player for the short-term, but at least it doesn't look like we are tanking. I'd rather a team try to win every game than develop a losing mentality.
For those looking at this trade like its some sort of Valentine's Day Massacre.... Banks may actually bring back a little more value than Moon did.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Scorpion King
Lead Assistant
And1: 666

Post#4 » by Scorpion King » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:59 pm

Graham - will play less minutes now marion will play majority of the minutes at small forward.......

Ukic - will play same minutes.....

Parker - minutes will reduce....

Kapono - minutes might go down or up depends on how he is playing....
Strategist1
Head Coach

Post#5 » by Strategist1 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:02 pm

Scorpion King wrote:Graham - will play less minutes now marion will play majority of the minutes at small forward.......

Ukic - will play same minutes.....

Parker - minutes will reduce....

Kapono - minutes might go down or up depends on how he is playing....

I, personally, would've liked to see Graham pulling 30-35 minutes consistently before his contract expires. So we can know once and for all whether he can handle the SF spot... Curious to see how he performs. Now we may never know.

Ukic will probably compete with Banks. So i'm not sure how it affects his development.

Kapono will still fill in for AP i think.
Prediction
The Heat will choke!
bingolong
Pro Prospect
And1: 198

Post#6 » by bingolong » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:09 pm

If Kapono is not traded by the deadline, I think we may all be in for a surprise. I would do a starting lineup of Bosh, Bargnani, Marion, Calderon and........... Kapono. His skill set (should he ever chose to use it) would be one that really gives us great spacing with the aforementioned players. All of a sudden, we now have a lot of depth on the bench, and the poor defence shown by Kapono and Calderon will be less exposed because of Marion.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
Aladdin8
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#7 » by Aladdin8 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:10 pm

boshjonesford wrote:i have never gotten this mad after a trade... i wish i could be like some other fans on this board and cheer for another city but i cant.

I agree man we shouldve kept O'Neal. He was 1 of my favourite players on the team.
Strategist1
Head Coach

Post#8 » by Strategist1 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:13 pm

bingolong wrote:If Kapono is not traded by the deadline, I think we may all be in for a surprise. I would do a starting lineup of Bosh, Bargnani, Marion, Calderon and........... Kapono. His skill set (should he ever chose to use it) would be one that really gives us great spacing with the aforementioned players. All of a sudden, we now have a lot of depth on the bench, and the poor defence shown by Kapono and Calderon will be less exposed because of Marion.

Interesting concept.. Raptors if they do this, have to hope in Outscoring their opponents and form a high octane powered offence...Because the defence out of Jose and Kapono wouldn't be very good. I am doubtful Matrix can make up for both of them as good a defender he is.
Prediction
The Heat will choke!
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#9 » by Rapsalot » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:29 pm

bingolong wrote:

Fans who cheer for other cities after trades are pathetic.
I'm not too upset about the trade because I was not a fan of either player. Moon was about as valuable as a $3 whore and JON slowed down our offence. What were we supposed to do with him when Bosh came back? Marion may be a rent-a-player for the short-term, but at least it doesn't look like we are tanking. I'd rather a team try to win every game than develop a losing mentality.
For those looking at this trade like its some sort of Valentine's Day Massacre.... Banks may actually bring back a little more value than Moon did.

Not at the value of their contracts and time. I can't see Moon getting $4 mill from any team in the NBA next year or over multiple years like we will pay Banks
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,498

Re: Trade Ramifications on current Raptor Players 

Post#10 » by dagger » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:35 pm

Frankly, I'd rephrase your comments this way

Strategist1 wrote:With this trade, the team will change and certain player' roles will change.

Mainly Bargnani is now given the keys as the full time Center (There's no backing out now)

The way is clear for AB to play 100% of the time as a C, and get liberal postups.

Ukic as backup PG... His role will definitely be impacted. Will he be the backup?
There is no reason to think the long-range plan has changed unless Banks shocks us.

Graham- There is no competing with Moon any longer. It looks like he'll have a defined role at least for the rest of the season.
Our bench gets deeper.

Will Calderon have a good enough vision to make effective alley-oops and passes to a cutting Marion?

Now Calderon has a forward who will actually cut to the basket for something other than an alley-oop. That can only diversify our offence. Bet Joey can pick up a few pointers from SM.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Rapsalot
Head Coach
And1: 1,646

Post#11 » by Rapsalot » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:35 pm

Joey will get Back-up SF and some at PF in Small ball.

AP will split with Kap. Roko will get the back up PG but maybe Banks will get a few minutes as a defensive stopper on PG?

Will S packaged with Kap for something?
Strategist1
Head Coach

Post#12 » by Strategist1 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:44 pm

dagger wrote:Frankly, I'd rephrase your comments this way

Strategist1 wrote:With this trade, the team will change and certain player' roles will change.

The way is clear for AB to play 100% of the time as a C, and get liberal postups.

There is no reason to think the long-range plan has changed unless Banks shocks us.

Graham- There is no competing with Moon any longer. It looks like he'll have a defined role at least for the rest of the season.
Our bench gets deeper.

Now Calderon has a forward who will actually cut to the basket for something other than an alley-oop. That can only diversify our offence. Bet Joey can pick up a few pointers from SM.

I agree with your assessment.

Rapsalot wrote:Joey will get Back-up SF and some at PF in Small ball.

AP will split with Kap. Roko will get the back up PG but maybe Banks will get a few minutes as a defensive stopper on PG?

Will S packaged with Kap for something?

Bench should be fine with Roko/Graham/Kapono/Banks given defensive assignments/ and then we have Vosh/Hump

Getting rid of Kap/Will would be good if there are any takers...
Prediction
The Heat will choke!

Return to Toronto Raptors