ImageImageImageImageImage

LeBron: "I would definitely love to play with Chris Bosh"

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ImissJordan
General Manager
And1: 968

LeBron: "I would definitely love to play with Chris Bosh" 

Post#1 » by ImissJordan » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:44 pm

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... otent.html

"Sometimes you look at him and you say, 'He's not that strong or he's not the fastest guy out there,'" James said. "But the way he approaches the game ... his mind-set really helps him dominate a basketball game."
Kakapato
Bench Warmer
And1: 20

Re: LeBron: "I would definitely love to play with Chris Bosh" 

Post#2 » by Kakapato » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:47 pm

ImissJordan wrote:http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2009/02/13/2009-02-13_lebron_james_big_on_chris_bosh_as_potent.html

"Sometimes you look at him and you say, 'He's not that strong or he's not the fastest guy out there,'" James said. "But the way he approaches the game ... his mind-set really helps him dominate a basketball game."

Against weak teams. :-?
kcthekid
Starter
And1: 3

Post#3 » by kcthekid » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:53 pm

what a clown
BigShotBob13
Starter
And1: 297

Post#4 » by BigShotBob13 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:00 pm

It's too bad tampering rules don't count toward players as well. I mean, yes, any player can say that "They would love to play with so and so" and it been seen as a compliment. It has to sound a bit more distinct or have more weight towards it when someone like LBJ lends his words to a comment like that. It just screams, to me at least, that "HEY FERRY, GET THIS GUY ON MY TEAM IN 2010".
Formerly...Damn, I forgot who I was...
racingdynamics
Junior
And1: 7

Post#5 » by racingdynamics » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:15 pm

What do you expect him to say? Bosh is a scrub?

Typical banter...move along.
premium plus
Senior
And1: 0

Post#6 » by premium plus » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:19 pm

LOL @ people overreacting. Arguably the best player in the league pays Bosh a compliment and states what seems fairly obvious (any g/f's you can think of that WOULDN'T want to team up with a 20/10 young all-star?) and people claim tampering, and go off the deep end.

How DARE he pay our player a compliment like that? lol

No big deal guys. Simmer down.
East Connection wrote: I'm not saying the best team should win both. I'm saying the team that wins both should be the best.
GD13
Pro Prospect
And1: 98

Post#7 » by GD13 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:23 pm

Bosh and Lebron to Knicks.
TorontoSF
Senior

Post#8 » by TorontoSF » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:30 pm

Kakapato wrote:
ImissJordan wrote:http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2009/02/13/2009-02-13_lebron_james_big_on_chris_bosh_as_potent.html

Against weak teams. :-?

:roll: You support Bargnani cause he is only 23 years old, but you bash Bosh yet he is only 24 years old. Where is the logic in that, if anything that makes you a hypocrite.
COY0607
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,815

Post#9 » by COY0607 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:34 pm

i dounbt bosh will go to Cleveland, and Lebron definitely wont come here.........knicks is the only option if either lebron or bosh, or bosh or wade, or lebron or wade want to play together
Kakapato
Bench Warmer

Post#10 » by Kakapato » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:44 pm

TorontoSF wrote: :roll: You support Bargnani cause he is only 23 years old, but you bash Bosh yet he is only 24 years old. Where is the logic in that, if anything that makes you a hypocrite.

Wrong.

I support Bargs because he has 2.5 years of NBA experience and he plays with effort (like during the 2006 playoff) even if people are booing him since 2 years.

On the other side I can criticize Chris because he has 5.5 years of experience, acts like a superstar/leader but he has not still improved his overall game (and sometimes he has some immature reactions like calling out Moon on public or declareing himself as MVP).

:wink:
lemondrop
Banned User

Post#11 » by lemondrop » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Whats he suppost to say, Bosh is a bum? Besides that suggesting he appears a little weak and slow at tiems is hardly a heart warming endorsement.
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,971

Post#12 » by MEDIC » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:58 pm

If he had said " yeah, I talk to CB4 all the time & try to convince him to try to sign with the Cavs at the end of his contract".................that would be a different story......
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
TorontoSF
Senior

Post#13 » by TorontoSF » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:59 pm

Kakapato wrote:
TorontoSF wrote: :roll: You support Bargnani cause he is only 23 years old, but you bash Bosh yet he is only 24 years old. Where is the logic in that, if anything that makes you a hypocrite.

Wrong.

I support Bargs because he has 2.5 years of NBA experience and he plays with effort (like during the 2006 playoff) even if people are booing him since 2 years.

On the other side I can criticize Chris because he has 5.5 years of experience, acts like a superstar/leader but he has not still improved his overall game (and sometimes he has some immature reactions like calling out Moon on public or declareing himself as MVP).

:wink:

That's like saying that we shouldn't criticize Moon because he only has 1.5 year of NBA experience. Bosh was given the franchise, he didn't go and take it, it was thrust upon him. He has to be a leader on this team, who else is going to be a leader? And saying that calling out Moon is immature, then you should see Kobe, he calls out a lot of guys does that make Kobe immature?

Fact is again that Bosh is ONLY 24 years old, and has a lot of time to improve his game, same goes for Bargnani. I also think your implying that Bosh doesn't play with effort, how soon do we forget Bosh diving everywhere for loose balls, I would call that effort.

MVP thing I think he shouldn't of done that though, I don't remember anyone saying that they would win the MVP, it shows that you are thinking individually not as a team player.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#14 » by J-Roc » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:59 pm

Lebron is playing with scrubs right now. He'd love to play with secondary players like CB4.
Guy Smiley
RealGM
And1: 491

Post#15 » by Guy Smiley » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:06 pm

I find it amazing that the best player in the league and one with an incredibly high BBall IQ can appreciate the star we have in Bosh but his very own fans who watch him game in and game out can't see it. Once Bosh leaves then we will see what we are missing out on. The guy is by far and away the best player on the team and it is not even close.

It is a real shame the team has to waste its time trying to develop a classic underachiever in Bargnani. Bargnani is an anchor on this team and should be nothing more than a scoring role player off the bench. The guy has proven time and time again he doesn't bring it on a nightly basis and lacks the athleticism to make up for his poor mental make up.

Here are stats to prove the team is worse with Bargnani on the floor and his OPP continually outperforms him on a nightly basis.

http://www.82games.com/0809/0809TOR.HTM

If the team is committed to making Bargnani a big part of the core I can't blame Bosh for leaving. I will feel the same way as I did with Vince when he decided to bolt. If management is content with forging ahead down a losing path then I can't hold it against a guy for wanting to move on.
power works
Sixth Man
And1: 241

Post#16 » by power works » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:09 pm

Then why doesn't he sign with the Raptors.

We'd love to have him.
MJ23DREAMER
Bench Warmer

Post#17 » by MJ23DREAMER » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:14 pm

What do you expect LBJ to say?!

Don't think it's posturing just answering a question based on playing with him in the Olympics. Also, CB is a good compliment as Robin to Batman, better suited because of his makeup and position!
YoungBuckks
Ballboy

Post#18 » by YoungBuckks » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:25 pm

Lebron Doesn't watch every game that Chris Bosh plays - not even close. If he did, I am sure that he would be able to provide some critique on how to "approach" the games.

Raptors fans are right to be somewhat critical at times with Chris. Rather than complain, he might want to use it as motivation and do something about his game to game focus.

Bucks
Kakapato
Bench Warmer

Post#19 » by Kakapato » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:26 pm

I'm not flaming here. :wink:

TorontoSF wrote:That's like saying that we shouldn't criticize Moon because he only has 1.5 year of NBA experience.

Infact I never bashed Moon.. the truth is that i like him. Look at his contract: you can't except an overall decent player but he really did some good things.

TorontoSF wrote:Bosh was given the franchise, he didn't go and take it, it was thrust upon him. He has to be a leader on this team, who else is going to be a leader?

I would him to realize that there are 4 players of his team on the court. During the 2006 playoff (last game) he should tell to Smitch "Sam, I can't shoot this clutch shot" (LOL obviously a excellent coach will play something unexpected during last decisive possession... in this case probably all the world knew that Bosh would have the ball in the last seconds).
Leadership... I see a veteran like AP (MVP in Europe for more years)

TorontoSF wrote:And saying that calling out Moon is immature, then you should see Kobe, he calls out a lot of guys does that make Kobe immature?

IMO yes.

TorontoSF wrote:Fact is again that Bosh is ONLY 24 years old, and has a lot of time to improve his game, same goes for Bargnani. I also think your implying that Bosh doesn't play with effort, how soon do we forget Bosh diving everywhere for loose balls, I would call that effort.

More years of experience take you closer to your ceiling: IMO Bosh wasted years under Smitch (who, again, is not a coach... he's a motivator who teached Chris how he was the best player on the court = who cares about improving?). Anyway I think that Chris can improve a lot under coaches like Messina or Blatt.
I criticize Bosh 'cause his defensive effort, 'cause his scary game againt other big names.
Anyway, and I'm not bashing him, IMO a diving big man is not a smart player... big men's body is very fragile... let the diving to our wings/pg. Again IMO.
CreaM
Banned User
And1: 1,163

Post#20 » by CreaM » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:35 pm

The best basketball player in the world gives Bosh a compliment and the fans are angry because they dont feel Bosh is worth the compliment. This is mind boggling and funny at the same time.

BTW, Bargnani sucks...

Return to Toronto Raptors