ImageImageImageImageImage

Tyson Chandler traded to Thunder (official)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Re: Tyson Chandler traded to Thunder (official) 

Post#81 » by sh00n » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:52 pm

Fac1 wrote:
sh00n wrote:NO went from a contender to a first round exit with this trade. Oklahoma has a really, really nice looking core going into this draft. Man, if they get Griffin or Harden, look out.

Losing Chandler hasn't done much to change their chances at winning the conference - it wasn't going to happen either way. Perhaps it's changed their chances of exiting the first round, but not much else. Chandler seems to be extremely overrated on this forum. Losing a 9/8/1bpg player will change nothing offensively, and while their defense will drop off, that team wasn't going to contend either way.

Off year for Chandler. He does a lot of stuff that don't appear on the stat sheet, too. I'd tell you to watch more games, but without Chris Paul he's going to look half as good anymore.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Post#82 » by Komodo » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:58 pm

Steal.

OKC will be fighting for a playoff spot next year.

I love what they are doing.
Fac1
Sophomore
And1: 3

Post#83 » by Fac1 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:12 pm

sh00n wrote:Off year for Chandler. He does a lot of stuff that don't appear on the stat sheet, too. I'd tell you to watch more games, but without Chris Paul he's going to look half as good anymore.

I've watched about half of NO's games this year, so I've seen my share of Chandler. He is a good defender, better than any on our team, clogs up the lane, etc. Given his size, though, he should be blocking the ball more. But a lot of his offense has been borne out of Paul's play and will likely drop-off in OKC. For a player making $12m/yr, you'd expect a decent offensive game. Off-year, or a player who got his contract and is now content with putting up average numbers? I'd say the same is true for Dalembert. It's not like Chandler had a strong front-court that's reducing his performance. It's unfortunate that Paul doesn't have more to work with and it's amazing that he even gets 11apg with such a poor lineup.
CPT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,953

Post#84 » by CPT » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:36 pm

Is it sad that i would trade my left nut to switch places with Oklahoma City right now, or is it just so obvious that it goes without saying?
Paperclip
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#85 » by Paperclip » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:39 pm

i am going to miss those bread and butter paul->chandler alleyoops
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#86 » by 5DOM » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:48 pm

cosmostein wrote:I owe Sam Presti and apology,

After the Westbrook pick I questioned his ability to build this team, and chalked up some of the moves to luck and good timing afforded by the cap flexibility left by his predecessor.

why? westbrook pick looked great from the start
PowerHouse
Junior
And1: 0

Post#87 » by PowerHouse » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:05 am

If the Raptors are looking for another big for next year we should trade for the rights of DeVon Hardin.
hoop_head
RealGM
And1: 2,235

Post#88 » by hoop_head » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:09 am

CPT wrote:Is it sad that i would trade my left nut to switch places with Oklahoma City right now, or is it just so obvious that it goes without saying?

Goes without saying. OKC is becoming a legit basketball team. Bright future for that team's young core.
hoop_head
RealGM
And1: 2,235

Post#89 » by hoop_head » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:14 am

Oh yeah, cosmostein - Westbrook can play basketball. Give that kid a couple of seasons to figure his NBA game out, he'll be the second coming of Jason Kidd (or something close). Scores, rebounds, distributes - for a raw player in his rookie season, Westbrook has done very well playing for OKC. The high turnover rate is a bit of a concern, but I'm cutting him some rookie slack.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#90 » by sh00n » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:10 am

5DOM wrote:
cosmostein wrote:I owe Sam Presti and apology,

After the Westbrook pick I questioned his ability to build this team, and chalked up some of the moves to luck and good timing afforded by the cap flexibility left by his predecessor.

why? westbrook pick looked great from the start

Everyone thought he was picked too high. I think the consensus was he was going to be an awesome player, but where he was taken seemed a bit high at the time. His play has justified being taken where he was, though.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app

Return to Toronto Raptors