ImageImageImageImageImage

Doug Smith raises questions about Bosh & Grange on trades

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Doug Smith raises questions about Bosh & Grange on trades 

Post#1 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:19 pm

From his blog.

http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/

Speaking of Bosh, wasn’t it interesting timing? I guess I first heard about this tweet, or twit, or whatever it is (although I do see it in my future, I fear) sometime just after 9 a.m. yesterday.Interesting in that Bosh has always said he needed a full practice to know for sure that he was ready to come back and had told us on Tuesday he would give it a run on Thursday before deciding about Friday.

Interesting in that the Raptors didn’t start practice yesterday until 10:30 a.m.Or maybe it’s not interesting at all. You decide. But if he knew Thursday at 9 a.m. he was going to play Friday, maybe he should have made same determination Wednesday at 5 p.m.

Edited: for those who like anal.....i mean, to be anal.
Mack11
RealGM
And1: 56,989

Re: Doug Smith with some good questions about Bosh 

Post#2 » by Mack11 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:21 pm

He just didn't want to play against lebron.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,144

Post#3 » by The Duke » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:21 pm

Link to the blog, and limit quote to 2 paragraphs please
itbobby007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,827

Post#4 » by itbobby007 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:23 pm

http://twitter.com/chrisbosh

Maybe CB meant he was back from something else....not back in the lineup? I dunno.
Korr
Veteran
And1: 1,367

Post#5 » by Korr » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:23 pm

Reignman
Banned User
And1: 391

Re: Doug Smith raises questions about Bosh 

Post#6 » by Reignman » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:31 pm

WTF is Doug talking about? Players of any sport wait for the morning to see how they feel. It's pretty standard practise. Even a 31 year like me has to wait till the next morning to feel the effects of the previous days exertions from playing a sport or drinking. :wink:
KG1585
Head Coach
And1: 248

Post#7 » by KG1585 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:32 pm

It seems like a non-story to me. Doug is just reaching here.
CreaM
Banned User
And1: 1,163

Post#8 » by CreaM » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:35 pm

Well, Doug is fat and looks like he could be Maurizio Gheradini's long lost son.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM

Post#9 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:37 pm

CreaM wrote:Well, Doug is fat and looks like he could be Maurizio Gheradini's long lost son.

Lol, Well that was random, CreaM.
CreaM
Banned User
And1: 1,163

Post#10 » by CreaM » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:38 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:
CreaM wrote:Well, Doug is fat and looks like he could be Maurizio Gheradini's long lost son.

Lol, Well that was random, CreaM.

lol, i just feel like being mean today. 8-)
lhd33
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#11 » by lhd33 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:40 pm

smithy is a baby.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM

Post#12 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:49 pm

Grange, in his blog today is critical of not trading Bosh.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/blogs/wbbasketball/

It must be media against CB day.

I'm not even sure people are angry. It's more like they've opened their credit card bill, trashed their bumper in a parking lot and been told their not getting the bonus they were counting on all in the same week. It's just sucks and there's no obvious way to make it not suck. And until you find a guy who will do the body work cheap and sign up that unexpected new client and manage to introduce yourself to the interesting looking girl from the cafeteria, that's the way it's going to feel. Your life isn't ruined, you know that, but it's not even close to as much fun as it could be right now. That's where Raptors fans are, is my guess. The playoffs? Seriously that is very unlikely, as anyone knows, and is probably unworthy goal, given the odds of drafting an impact player 15th, apologies to Rodney Stuckey and Danny Granger. Bosh? What about that knee? And is he going to stay? And how long will that drama drag on for? And what if he does stay? He's not worth $127-million, is he?,...

But there have been more misses that hits lately. Kapono; Bargnani (not a flop, but not an unreserved success), JO, Solomon, etc. We're not talking trainwrecks, but not exactly a string of extra base hits either. But right now fans need a line drive off the fence (send a guy to spring training for two days and look what happens) for a double. They need clear evidence that some good things are going to happen. A trade that makes sense (seriously, if the Raptors had been able to add a really good player, and really exciting prospect and a pick for Bosh yesterday, you don't think a lot of fans wouldn't have been able to get excited about that?); a signing that might make the difference. A clear path to long-term success, even if it's a crooked one. I bet people could get behind that.

Kind of a day late a dollar short though, eh. What good does turning on him do now? Help ensure the season goes in the toilet and they don't have to work in the spring?
Mack11
RealGM

Post#13 » by Mack11 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:51 pm

honestly, our media coverage is just one big ****hole

they act like a bunch of impatient overreacting little girls
power works
Sixth Man
And1: 241

Re: Doug Smith raises questions about Bosh & Grange on trades 

Post#14 » by power works » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:54 pm

Said Okur:

“He asks me if I like New York. I say yes and he make me Knick.”

:rofl2:

Enough said!
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM

Post#15 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:55 pm

Mack11 wrote:honestly, our media coverage is just one big ****hole

they act like a bunch of impatient overreacting little girls

Maybe the media are part of the reason this town seems to butter up and then eat it's young.

Or maybe we as fans put our"stars" on too high a pedestal, in our rush to have a great franchise with great athletes, and then we get mad at them when they can't possibly live up to it and others are equally enticed to knock them off?
KG1585
Head Coach

Post#16 » by KG1585 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:58 pm

It is really difficult to trade a guy like Bosh during the season. If the Raps do trade him it is better if they trade him during the summer. At that time Bryan can sit down with Bosh and find out where they are at. They could get better packages during the summer than they would have gotten during the trade deadline.
Mack11
RealGM

Post#17 » by Mack11 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:01 pm

no, any fool could listen to the media and form an opinion based on what they feed you.. i choose to see the valid points in which Bosh is still young and with a good cast around him, he'll do well.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM

Post#18 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:08 pm

KG1585 wrote:It is really difficult to trade a guy like Bosh during the season. If the Raps do trade him it is better if they trade him during the summer. At that time Bryan can sit down with Bosh and find out where they are at. They could get better packages during the summer than they would have gotten during the trade deadline.

It's kind of agaisnt the grain thinking isn't it. I mean wouldn't a team who could have him now, in time for these playoffs be more enticed than to get him in the last year of his contract?

Also if he plays out the year more like December Bosh than November Bosh, will that hurt his value?
KG1585
Head Coach

Post#19 » by KG1585 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:11 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:
KG1585 wrote:It is really difficult to trade a guy like Bosh during the season. If the Raps do trade him it is better if they trade him during the summer. At that time Bryan can sit down with Bosh and find out where they are at. They could get better packages during the summer than they would have gotten during the trade deadline.

It's kind of agaisnt the grain thinking isn't it. I mean wouldn't a team who could have him now, in time for these playoffs be more enticed than to get him in the last year of his contract?

Also if he plays out the year more like December Bosh than November Bosh, will that hurt his value?

I think teams would look at the first five years of his career to see what Bosh can do, and not the last few months. The only teams that would have traded for him now and will trade for him in the summer are the teams that believe they can sign. I highly doubt any team would give up a lot of players just to take on Bosh for a year and half.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM

Post#20 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:16 pm

Mack11 wrote:no, any fool could listen to the media and form an opinion based on what they feed you.. i choose to see the valid points in which Bosh is still young and with a good cast around him, he'll do well.

If at the end of the day that is true,and CB re-signs and has sucess with us, BC deserves a lot of credit for having sense to not pull the trigger.

Return to Toronto Raptors