ImageImageImageImageImage

With the 5th Pick in the 2009 NBA Draft..

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,638

Re: With the 5th Pick in the 2009 NBA Draft.. 

Post#61 » by C_Money » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:24 pm

Has anybody seen Jordan Hill play? I've onle seen 1 game of his but he looks like he would help us. He's a good rebounder and he brings energy. Just wondering if anybody knows about what he'll be like in the NBA.
Fran Vasquez
Rookie
And1: 95

Post#62 » by Fran Vasquez » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:42 pm

galeon110 wrote:
Superboy316KING wrote:
galeon110 wrote:Come on... you guys haven't seen it yet?? BC's plan is to tank this season and go for Ricky Rubio

rubio won't enter the draft this year

seriously? since when?

since llull is entering! fear the llull
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hQubj6T ... re=related
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#63 » by Mustard_Tiger » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:52 pm

BD006 wrote:
Mustard_Tiger wrote:And if you really were a "UNC guy," you'd know that Henderson is a Duke Blue Devil.

Hoopstarr wrote:Also, everyone's overlooking Gerald Henderson. I'm a UNC guy but he's gonna be really good. He's athletic, plays D, slasher, i like him.

Completely thought the "but" was an "and." That was stupid.
Hoopstarr
RealGM
And1: 10,192

Post#64 » by Hoopstarr » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:57 pm

RapsGM wrote:
Hoopstarr wrote:I love Curry. He's a rare talent with unbelievable hoops instincts. His footwork and release too. I don't care about his size or hops, when you find a natural scoring talent like that you get him.

Also, everyone's overlooking Gerald Henderson. I'm a UNC guy but he's gonna be really good. He's athletic, plays D, slasher, i like him.

I dont know about Curry. He reminds me alot of Redick and Morrison. Great offensive players in college, but because of their lack of athleticism will do absolutely nothing in the NBA.

Redick and Morrison don't have the natural scoring instincts of Curry, not even close. Curry is more like Reggie Miller and Ray Allen than those two. He has wide range of shots and skills unlike Redick and Morrison who are one-dimensional shooters.

Mustard_Tiger wrote:Both of those guys won't amount to much in the NBA. They lack athleticism, skill, and size. The fact that they are projected in the lottery is a testament to how bad this draft really is.

Henderson lacks athleticism? They lack skill? Do you even watch basketball? Instead of focusing on lack of athleticism, think about all those busts who HAD athleticism but no actual skill. I'll take the insanely skilled player instead.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,499

Post#65 » by dagger » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:09 pm

C_Money wrote:Has anybody seen Jordan Hill play? I've onle seen 1 game of his but he looks like he would help us. He's a good rebounder and he brings energy. Just wondering if anybody knows about what he'll be like in the NBA.

Three of the top six or seven picks will be power forwards, and if we got one of them we should seriously consider trading Bosh unless he is definite about staying long-term. If he waffles it means he isn't commited and just keeping us "in reserve" in case he gets injured leading up to free agency.

Drafting a power forward would give us flexibility and the leverage to do a Bosh deal. Worse case, Bosh wants to stay and our draft pick becomes third man in a quality big man rotation.

More likely, Bosh wants out, and we can trade him on draft night for a package that could include another first of our choosing (the other team would draft for us), a prospect or future first, and a few dollars less in filler than we send out so it adds to our cap space this coming summer.

So don't snub a power forward. He may be BPA where we draft and it might make a huge amount of sense as we sort things out this summer.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
BlackIce
Head Coach
And1: 901

Post#66 » by BlackIce » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:34 pm

dagger wrote:
C_Money wrote:Has anybody seen Jordan Hill play? I've onle seen 1 game of his but he looks like he would help us. He's a good rebounder and he brings energy. Just wondering if anybody knows about what he'll be like in the NBA.

Three of the top six or seven picks will be power forwards, and if we got one of them we should seriously consider trading Bosh unless he is definite about staying long-term. If he waffles it means he isn't commited and just keeping us "in reserve" in case he gets injured leading up to free agency.

Drafting a power forward would give us flexibility and the leverage to do a Bosh deal. Worse case, Bosh wants to stay and our draft pick becomes third man in a quality big man rotation.

More likely, Bosh wants out, and we can trade him on draft night for a package that could include another first of our choosing (the other team would draft for us), a prospect or future first, and a few dollars less in filler than we send out so it adds to our cap space this coming summer.

So don't snub a power forward. He may be BPA where we draft and it might make a huge amount of sense as we sort things out this summer.

agreed and hill is VERY similar to bosh as well, plays just like him, talks just like him, it will be like bosh never left :D
Gruel
Senior
And1: 0

Post#67 » by Gruel » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:39 pm

Could we not just move Andrea to the 4? Are there any C's in the draft that could be franchise changing?
BlackIce
Head Coach

Post#68 » by BlackIce » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:42 pm

Gruel wrote:Could we not just move Andrea to the 4? Are there any C's in the draft that could be franchise changing?

franchise changing? No, well maybe thabeet, and possibly monroe? Its a very weak draft in terms of centers.
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#69 » by Hendrix » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:42 pm

Gruel wrote:Could we not just move Andrea to the 4? Are there any C's in the draft that could be franchise changing?

Hasheem Thabeet, and BJ Mullins are the only probablt lotto centers. I don't think either of them is franchise changing though, especially not next year they have a long ways to go.

I think we just take best player available, and if the opportunity's there to move up in the draft to grab someone we really like take it.

I'de love to get Monroe on this team. He's a PF thogh, so you'de probably have to move Bargs, and Bosh.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
Test of Wills
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#70 » by Test of Wills » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:50 pm

BJ Mullens was expected to be a Top 5 pick in next years draft.

Anyways like Dagger said if a PF is the BPA when we're up and picking. I'd take whoever it is. This gives much more flexibility and BC will be less hesitant of trading Bosh.

Jordan Hill
Greg Monroe

Those are 2 very good prospects that will be in our range.

OT: This draft is terrible.
Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Post#71 » by Avenger » Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:51 pm

NBADraft.com has us taking Monroe at 8th which i think would be a complete steal but i don't think he drops that much. Ideally, if Chris Bosh does get traded, i would look to get a defensive minded PF or C next to Bargnani but there don't seem to be many other than Thabeet in our range. I really don't like Thabeet, he's so soft and physically weak, way too risky of a pick for this franchise.
EventHorizon
Assistant Coach
And1: 306

Post#72 » by EventHorizon » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:17 pm

Greg Monroe = Al Jefferson
Blake Griffin = Kevin Garnett maybe Boozer

If we could pull a Chicago, It would be the smart to trade Bosh for Mayo or Durant. However we would still have a hole at the PG and SF. BC should really consider buying another pick and drafting a Curry/DeRozan if they fall to the twenties.
Gruel
Senior
And1: 0

Post#73 » by Gruel » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:33 pm

Griffin is nothing like Garnett.
EventHorizon
Assistant Coach
And1: 306

Post#74 » by EventHorizon » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:44 pm

Gruel wrote:Griffin is nothing like Garnett.

Intensity.
BlackIce
Head Coach

Post#75 » by BlackIce » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:46 pm

EventHorizon wrote:
Gruel wrote:Griffin is nothing like Garnett.

Intensity.

and that is where the comparison ends, Griffin is no where near the prospect that KG was.
andyo
Assistant Coach
And1: 447

Post#76 » by andyo » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:53 pm

I argue that we should trade Bargnani before we ever trade Bosh.....clearly he is not the asset Bosh is, but how does drafting another PF next to Bargs change the situation anymore?

Anyways, I think Blake is the consensus first, we probably won't draft high enough to get Harden....I like Jennings, Earl Clark, Monroe, and Al-Farouq...

If I had it my way though, we'd get Harden, resign Marion, Delfino.....and trade Bargs for assets....get a new coach and re-load next year....

Return to Toronto Raptors