ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Why Bother?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Vtop
Senior
And1: 202

Re: PG: Why Bother? 

Post#141 » by Vtop » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:44 am

I think that BC needs to be called out in public so that he can fully realize the frustration that we feel.
Paper bags, signs and chants would all do the job.

Not only do we suck but the team that he's assembled is not entertaining to watch and sucks the passion out of any fan. Even the Babcock days were more fun than this season
underdog33
Lead Assistant
And1: 355

Post#142 » by underdog33 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:49 am

traps#10 wrote:
underdog33 wrote:fire BC. the end

Just because he traded Moon doesn't mean he should be fired. At least give him one more year to fix up this mess, if we are in the same exact position next year then we should definitely consider that option.

btw, I liked the way Marion played, he gave us some extra offensive boards and put backs we haven't seen since the days of Keon Clark. Marion is not a bad player, it's just that we don't have the personnel + coach to fit his style. Marion would be perfect if he was on the Knicks or GS.

BC has committed to three non-championship calibre players. Bosh, Calderon, Bargnani, as our core. He plans to re-sign shawn marion, who at this stage of his career won't likely be worth the money BC is going to throw at him. BC has also alluded to re-signing Anthony Parker, who for the most part is Done as an NBA starter. His "ace in the hole" apparently is Carlos Delfino, who at the end of the day isn't the impact player we need. Basically the team going towards 2010 is going to look like another re-hash of what we have these few past seasons. Granted maybe all this team needs is a rock solid coach, who knows, but BC has a lot of work to do to fix this mess.
O'neal and Moon 4 Life
AP4LIFE
Junior
And1: 308

Post#143 » by AP4LIFE » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:04 am

To all the Parker bashers...he gave all he got for the last 2 years for the team palyin with apssion heart and determination. So now when the WHOLE team sucks and Parker isn't playing well u ready to throw him under the bus, thats just show how bi-polar u r. Its not like he just got old in 3 months he has plenty of basketball left and I'm sure he will show it sooner or later.
[url]C:\Users\Yoni\PicturesTurbo_Zone_Corner_Trey[/url]
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#144 » by Death Knight » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:17 am

AP4LIFE wrote:To all the Parker bashers...he gave all he got for the last 2 years for the team palyin with apssion heart and determination. So now when the WHOLE team sucks and Parker isn't playing well u ready to throw him under the bus, thats just show how bi-polar u r. Its not like he just got old in 3 months he has plenty of basketball left and I'm sure he will show it sooner or later.

It's not just a matter of hitting a few shots here and there. Even if he starts shooting red hot again, we can clearly see that his speed, athleticism, and general movement on the court is declining. His days as a viable starting SG is over. He can only be a decent bench player moving forward.
Duncanfan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#145 » by Duncanfan » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:34 am

Bosh: "Coach.. as long as you are by my side, I'll play hard.. "
Smitch: "Its aight Chris.. just don't tell BC.. "
turnbuckle
Junior
And1: 48

Post#146 » by turnbuckle » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:50 am

You folks are really going to need some patience.

Let's not forget that Colangelo inherited a mediocre coaching and scouting staff at best, and the team overachieved in his first year. It's obvious that the team needs a new coach, and BC will hopefully continue to revamp the scouting staff. I don't think Kelly is/was the huge problem in the scouting department..it was more the supporting cast...not necessarily the fault of Kelly and certainly not the fault of BC when he first came here. The scout that didn't know anything about one of the top 50 prospects for the draft...he's gone right? Hopefully some other are as well.

BC realized Smitch wasn't going to develop the younger guys or himself..he wasn't developing as a head coach. So he replaced him with an assistant as it wasn't in the offseason.

BC will go after Messina in the offseason and there will be a night and day difference in next year's squad - have a little patience folks... it took Danny Ainge more than a couple of years to get all his ducks in a row as a GM....these things take time when you're as abysmal as the Raptors were. And all of the folks who think he'll re-sign all the guys is gullible to what BC was saying last week. Of course that's what he's going to say...that he wants Parker, Marion, Graham and others back...it would make zero sense to say something like "we don't want some guys back" while the season is in progress - obviously he wants guys focused on the task at hand and not feeling unwanted. Don't believe for a second that BC really believes re-signing everybody and merely adding Delfino is all the team needs....that's what he's supposed to say...to me it's a sign that he's a fellow secure in his job and doesn't feel the need to put all the blame on the players.

Here's what I'm hoping will happen, and don't see why it's not possible - BC will not re-sign everybody, will draft a decent SG and PG, make a couple of helpful trades, hire the team's first competent coach in many, many years, and sign one or two good UFA's. I still think this team has some workable pieces, but if Bosh looks disinterested next season this team will be in trouble regardless and he'll get dealt. If Bosh shows up to play and the team is improved like I think it CAN be, the Raptors can be quite competitive again next season and worth watching again. I haven't been able to watch them much recently.... major changes are needed, and BC isn't blind to it..he's just not letting on to the media. at this time.
RapsVC15
RealGM
And1: 424

Post#147 » by RapsVC15 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:27 am

Yikes, I rush to the radio at work to listen to the fan and I found out the Raptors got drilled by 30.

holy **** :nonono:
logitech
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#148 » by logitech » Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:48 am

Trading Bosh is stupid. Which big name player is going to want to come here in the FA class with out him here. why would they want to go from a finals contention team to a team with 0 promise and is in dire need of rebuilding. With Bosh here players will look on toronto much more favourably if they werent to resign with there teams. As for parker. his well past his use by date. trade Bargnani for an talented SG or Big. As much as i like Jose i have to say trade him for a PG who can and will drive. The best drirection for the team for the rest of the year is unfortuanatly to tank and draft. As someone said previously Rest Bosh untill his 100% and develop Nathan Jawai and POB.
Kurtz
RealGM
And1: 15,692

Post#149 » by Kurtz » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:57 am

tecumseh18 wrote:
Phenomenologist wrote:
I say we hire John Hollinger, or even Bill Simmons. I'll take the stats guy or the VP of Common Sense over BC any day.

I just needed to confirm what Simmons said about the 2006 draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ons/060629

He called Roy the "best player in the draft." VP of Common Sense FTMFW!

"7:49 -- Charlotte takes Adam Morrison. Love that pick"

"7:54 -- Portland takes Ty Thomas at No. 4 to complete the Chicago deal. Superb job by the Bulls. I love that pick for them"

"8:00 -- Atlanta keeps its promise and drafts Shelden Williams fifth. Another solid pick"

"8:29 -- The Warriors take Patrick O'Bryant, a mortal lock for the Reggie Cleveland All-Stars who has the most Irish-sounding name of any black athlete since Troy O'Leary. Not a bad pick"

Simmons pretty much covered all of his bases with that diary. Don't crown him just yet.

Oh, and another thing of note in that diary:

"9:40 -- Just when this draft couldn't get any crazier, my beloved Celtics just bought the 21st pick from Phoenix to take Rajon Rondo. Unfortunately, Rondo can't shoot. Put it this way: The list of NBA teams that won an NBA title with a point guard who couldn't shoot looks like this:

1. (empty)
2. (empty)
3. (empty)
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#150 » by Mustard_Tiger » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:16 am

Haha. Rondo still doesn't have much of a jump shot, though. Turns out they didn't need him to have one.
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#151 » by Oakville_Raptor » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:19 am

I feel sorry for Marion, he has to put up for over 20 games with the Raptors when he was on a playoff team like the Heat.
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#152 » by Oakville_Raptor » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:23 am

oncl0ud9 wrote:I think someone is feeding BC some good Koolaid... wonder who that might be? ... this team is so screwed. Should of held on to JO, and sucked it up... now we are stuck with Banks for 2 more years after this... I hope to god BC doesn't resign Marion... because that move will set this team back even more then it is... I hate you BC!

I don't see how Marion would sign with this crapola team....
miruss2001
Lead Assistant
And1: 335

Post#153 » by miruss2001 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:36 pm

+1. agree with both points OR.

Which is a shame because even after 2 games he's head and shoulders the best player we've got.
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,597

Post#154 » by C_Money » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:53 pm

If you watched Marion during the game he couldn't believe all the stupid defensive mistakes everybody was making. He got mad at AP a few times. Somebody would drain a 3 and he would look at him like "WTF was that?"
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#155 » by Mustard_Tiger » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:31 pm

During the ESPN highlights, the anchor said Bosh was a "future Knick great."

I don't know about a "great," but he may end up being a Knick.
Pasc23
Ballboy
And1: 18

Post#156 » by Pasc23 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:49 pm

So who agrees that we should bench all our starters and play the rest of the season with this lineup

PG - Roko
SG - Banks
SF - Graham
PF - Jawai
C - O'Bryant

with each player playing 42 mins..... why not give it a shot. this is absolutly brutal :roll:
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,369

Post#157 » by Tha Cynic » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:02 pm

Strategist1 wrote:
Brinbe wrote:Joey, Bargs, Maytricks, they were the bright spots... everyone else, mediocre to outright terrible. On a whole I thought it would be tough to top the OKC and Memphis games for outright awfulness, but this game came awfully close. Definitely #3 in my mind.

I'd say Bargs stunk defensively; he makes no difference on the defensive end...

He stunk offensively too.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Local_NG_Idiot
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#158 » by Local_NG_Idiot » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:27 pm

So with Smitch, players were tuning him out which resulted in some lopsided losses.

Now their tuned into Triano, but they are all of a sudden confused to where they should be on the floor, and what their assignments are.

Is this a case of poor coaching, stupid players, or both.

I'm beginning to believe Mitchell kept things very simple for a reason.

Return to Toronto Raptors