ImageImageImageImageImage

The Vent Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Troubadour
RealGM
And1: 8,192

The Vent Thread 

Post#1 » by Troubadour » Tue Mar 3, 2009 1:44 am

My name is Troubadour, formerly known as agentzerotoTO, I am a depressed Raptors fan, and this is my story.

I spent 2 hours a day reading blogs, articles, and speculation regarding the impending off-season in 2008. We had just lost to a strong Orlando team but looked poised to return back to the playoffs. Once we acquired Jermaine O'Neal, I was sure we were contenders. Loss turned into loss, and day to day turned into out for a month. I couldn't help but feel a sense of deja vu. Now it's March of 2009. I tune in less and less. Re-runs of TMZ are now more appealing than watching Bosh half-ass it. The only thing that keeps me going is the fact that we have a draft pick waiting for us at the end of the season. I will always love the Raptors, but right now I feel like I'm loving a coke-whore of a daughter. She's family, but I hate her guts.

Thank you for letting me share, fellow members of the Depressed Raptors Fans Association, now share your stories.
cowbert
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: The Vent Thread 

Post#2 » by cowbert » Tue Mar 3, 2009 1:54 am

epic fail thread
Troubadour
RealGM
And1: 8,192

Post#3 » by Troubadour » Tue Mar 3, 2009 1:59 am

Haha, thanks champ. Coming from you that means a lot.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#5 » by J-Roc » Tue Mar 3, 2009 2:28 am

Just tuned into the Dallas/OKC game. OKC is up on Dallas in the 4th Q, with a guy who looks like Kevin Durant in street clothes.

Must be dreaming....
W.I.C
Junior

Post#6 » by W.I.C » Tue Mar 3, 2009 2:40 am

agentzerotoTO, it's just a game, no need to get depressed. Adopt another team for the remainder of the season...better yet 2 seasons, since Colangelo is gonna :censored: up next year also , and you'll eventually forget about the Raptors. :wave: :devil:
durka
Starter
And1: 1,031

Post#7 » by durka » Tue Mar 3, 2009 2:48 am

Isn't this what the Raps forum as a whole has turned into at this point? Look at all the threads around this one, they're all venting about something. No need for a thread like this. It sounds like you're holding an AA meeting or something. Being a sports fan isn't an addiction or a disease, if it's so bad stop watching.
cutthroat
Senior

Post#8 » by cutthroat » Tue Mar 3, 2009 3:11 am

stop watching raptors game for a season or to then tone in,then you will feel better
Devon_s_biring
Junior

Post#9 » by Devon_s_biring » Tue Mar 3, 2009 3:27 am

"I'll play the one if I have to. I'll play the five. It doesn't matter. I'm the most versatile player, I think, in the league." - Joey Graham

Return to Toronto Raptors